Oil prices

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not wondering if fuel prices are falling because a Dem is in the lead. Now, dont bite my head off, just think back in time. It seems a trend that during the Prez elections, if the Dem is in the lead, fuel prices drop. I think this happens because well, oil companies generally back Republicans and if a Dem comes in, they dont want their past actions looked into. JMHO and I am not meaning this to be a rant, just trying to state what I see happening. Fire away
default_laugh.png
I know a lot of people don't know me here - but I had to jump in on this one!

I think you are on the right track!! I was discussing this with friends last week and I think it's one huge conspiracy! Who backs the Republicans??? The people with the big money. Who is that??? The oil companies! Say, isn't that where the Bush's got their money?? The ones who made BILLIONS of dollars in profits the past few years even though the price of oil went up and we were paying through the nose.

I remember 4 years ago, our gas prices were climbing, granted not as steeply as this past year, but a steady increase. When, suddenly, about a month before the election they began dropping. Huh - same thing happening again! My conspiracy theory is they are trying to boost the economy somewhat by dropping these prices so we will be content with the status quo and not vote for a "change." So - that's just MY theory. Not that I'm not loving the lower prices!

And just for the record, I have always voted Republican....until this year.

Now if only fuel prices fell as fast. I do not understand why they can increase fuel the day oil per barrel rises, but cant lower fuel the same way. Can we say GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It also really ticks me off that I still am paying fuel surcharges on all of the deliveries made to my shop. Fuel is now cheaper then when the surcharges were added. You said it all in one word, GREED.

gary
Yeah right..all these truckers just getting rich..have you looked lately what Diesel cost? Let me tell you we still pay a LOT more than the surcharge is..and I bet your fuel surcharge went down..

Now if only fuel prices fell as fast. I do not understand why they can increase fuel the day oil per barrel rises, but cant lower fuel the same way. Can we say GREED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
It also really ticks me off that I still am paying fuel surcharges on all of the deliveries made to my shop. Fuel is now cheaper then when the surcharges were added. You said it all in one word, GREED.

gary
Yeah right..all these truckers just getting rich..have you looked lately what Diesel cost? Let me tell you we still pay a LOT more than the surcharge is..and I bet your fuel surcharge went down..
These are not truckers getting rich. I'm talking about my local suppliers, making local deliveries, in company trucks. They add a set fee to the invoice of each order delivered that day. For example, $15.00 added at each stop, 20 stops per day equals $300.00. You cannot convince me that the company is not charging more than the amount to offset the increase in fuel. I would not complain about them charging to cover their increased cost, but in this instance they are actually adding to their profit for overcharging on "increased fuel prices".

My fuel surcharges have gone done on deliveries made by common carrier, but not on those deliveries made by my local vendors.

Gary
Well Gary..we finally got a hard push about these fuel surcharges..we had a strong leader in the DEMOCRATIC leader from Oregon neverless..DeFazio..soon it will get into law that the fuel surcharges have to be paid directly to the person that pays for the fuel..ain't that grande..
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

Many brokers just pocketed about half..and the truckers had NO way of checking it..
Im going to chime in on this, our family own one of the most successful personally owned dispatch in NW Ohio and are one of Whirlpools (We pull from the biggest Whirlpool/Penske in the unitited states)..last i remember our fuel surcharge was .59/mile...now we were coming out way ahead on fuel back then in all honestly, but that was set by the ODT.

Our issue is, yes, us companys out there shipping get fuel money back..but the BUSINESSES (like whirlpool who pay US the fuel / shipping charges) does not get their money refunded obviouly as they are the ones paying us. It got to the point, where when it was that time of the week to submit invoices to whirlpool (i did invoice, btw and believe me..they were done correct), whirlpool would find some silly little error on so they would not have to pay the fuel charges. I would fed ex out a huge stack of invoices every tuesday...they would overnight them back to us the next day...every one w/ some nit picky error on it they found. They did not get this nit picky until fuel pices and surcharges went up, its almost a battle to get you money from these companys. I dont wish his upon anybody!!! I have spent hours and hours adding up back pay that most calculators cannot even calulate high enough for!

At the moment Whirlpool easily owes us near 750,000 backpay from over the years...allot of that is from the past two.

My brother actually DROVE out to st. louise a few weeks ago to demand the back pay in person....little good did that do.

Last edited by a moderator:

gary

gary
These are not truckers getting rich. I'm talking about my local suppliers, making local deliveries, in company trucks. They add a set fee to the invoice of each order delivered that day. For example, $15.00 added at each stop, 20 stops per day equals $300.00. You cannot convince me that the company is not charging more than the amount to offset the increase in fuel. I would not complain about them charging to cover their increased cost, but in this instance they are actually adding to their profit for overcharging on "increased fuel prices".

My fuel surcharges have gone done on deliveries made by common carrier, but not on those deliveries made by my local vendors.

Gary
Well Gary..we finally got a hard push about these fuel surcharges..we had a strong leader in the DEMOCRATIC leader from Oregon neverless..DeFazio..soon it will get into law that the fuel surcharges have to be paid directly to the person that pays for the fuel..ain't that grande..
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

Many brokers just pocketed about half..and the truckers had NO way of checking it..
Im going to chime in on this, our family own one of the most successful personally owned dispatch in NW Ohio and are one of Whirlpools (We pull from the biggest Whirlpool/Penske in the unitited states)..last i remember our fuel surcharge was .59/mile...now we were coming out way ahead on fuel back then in all honestly, but that was set by the ODT.

Our issue is, yes, us companys out there shipping get fuel money back..but the BUSINESSES (like whirlpool who pay US the fuel / shipping charges) does not get their money refunded obviouly as they are the ones paying us. It got to the point, where when it was that time of the week to submit invoices to whirlpool (i did invoice, btw and believe me..they were done correct), whirlpool would find some silly little error on so they would not have to pay the fuel charges. I would fed ex out a huge stack of invoices every tuesday...they would overnight them back to us the next day...every one w/ some nit picky error on it they found. They did not get this nit picky until fuel pices and surcharges went up, its almost a battle to get you money from these companys. I dont wish his upon anybody!!! I have spent hours and hours adding up back pay that most calculators cannot even calulate high enough for!

At the moment Whirlpool easily owes us near 750,000 backpay from over the years...allot of that is from the past two.

My brother actually DROVE out to st. louise a few weeks ago to demand the back pay in person....little good did that do.
I believe it Leena..we are leased on to a big company..so we get a percentage on One load that the consignee is willing to pay..Now we just got this percentage on heresay on the company..NO way to check it..

It went through congress now that the full fuel surcharge has to be visiable on the loading papers..

I do believe you that it is hard to recover the surcharge..
default_no.gif

I am not wondering if fuel prices are falling because a Dem is in the lead. Now, dont bite my head off, just think back in time. It seems a trend that during the Prez elections, if the Dem is in the lead, fuel prices drop. I think this happens because well, oil companies generally back Republicans and if a Dem comes in, they dont want their past actions looked into. JMHO and I am not meaning this to be a rant, just trying to state what I see happening. Fire away
default_laugh.png
I know a lot of people don't know me here - but I had to jump in on this one!

I think you are on the right track!! I was discussing this with friends last week and I think it's one huge conspiracy! Who backs the Republicans??? The people with the big money. Who is that??? The oil companies! Say, isn't that where the Bush's got their money?? The ones who made BILLIONS of dollars in profits the past few years even though the price of oil went up and we were paying through the nose.

I remember 4 years ago, our gas prices were climbing, granted not as steeply as this past year, but a steady increase. When, suddenly, about a month before the election they began dropping. Huh - same thing happening again! My conspiracy theory is they are trying to boost the economy somewhat by dropping these prices so we will be content with the status quo and not vote for a "change." So - that's just MY theory. Not that I'm not loving the lower prices!

And just for the record, I have always voted Republican....until this year.
Even deeper into this theory. Hubby thinks its a 'family' thing, Bush Sr went in and cleared Kuwait, giving us a port into the Gulf. Jr went in to get Iraq, giving us the oil for that port. Even McCain had a Freudian slip when he stated that Sr went into Kuwait to safeguard the oil ( now that isnt an exact quote, but it is the gist). Maybe thats why Cheney was the VPc choice because of his Haliburton ties? Hmmmmmmmmmm
default_new_shocked.gif

gary

gary

Gary
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png
default_wacko.png

I believe it Leena..we are leased on to a big company..so we get a percentage on One load that the consignee is willing to pay..Now we just got this percentage on heresay on the company..NO way to check it..

It went through congress now that the full fuel surcharge has to be visiable on the loading papers..

I do believe you that it is hard to recover the surcharge..
default_no.gif
Its really a battle and half to get your money, just not your fuel surcharges. This is an example of something they would do and how silly it would be. Let say i submit an invoice to them for R/T to Erie Pa for say... $600 (near that) w/ $14.50 in tolls refunded and lets say 1.56 mile and .59 cents fuel. They would find something on that invoice like,,,to many spaces between each collum or ink was to faded to read. Then, they came up with these silly codes we had to use...such as if we had a charge on the invoice or tolls, we would have to put the code IHT (Intestate Highway Toll) in the toll charge line. They got these silly codes for every billed charge we had to use, i know the only reason they added in those silly codes is to try to trip us up on the invoices so they could send them back unpaid.

Its not just the surcharges for fuel...they would no pay ANYTHING on the invoice if here was some silly little error or typo, it was their way around the fee's. One time, they had the nerve to send the invoics back to us with a $40 fee for them overnighting them back to us....give me a break. It makes my head spin
default_wacko.png
. I spent hours and hours and hours ontop of hours going threw a million invoices tracking down invoice numbers..copying copying and copying them over and over agian as i know the first time i send out the backpay invoices..they wont get paid andi will have to submit the invoice 10 more times. So frustrating to spend all that time hunting down invoices and sending them out and waiting and waiting and waiting and all you hear is "they are in processing". I remember submitting invoices back in Febuary and they are still "in processing".

BTW - I put gas in my car on tuesday for $2.46 a gallon
default_biggrin.png

Wow, I'm movin' to OK. Our gas just dropped today to 2.90 and I was pretty excited about that. Sheesh!

Latest posts

Back