OH MY GOSH ANGEL FOALED I wasn't ready! and

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marty

Reaction score
Angel was not supposed to foal yet! We had a few weeks left and I hadn't even checked her for a couple of days. She had no milk, no signs of anything going on at all.

I go out to feed this morning and there's a little black and white pinto foaly just standing up looking right at me! OH MY GOSH! I dropped my feed bucket and go ZOOOMMMMM to the house screaming at the top of my lungs in the back door for Jerry to come and pounding on the boy's doors ANGEL HAS A BABY, ANGEL HAS A BABY!!!!!!!! WAKE UP WAKE UP WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!Jerry rushes out, looks down into the stall, baby looking right up to him and Jerry just stands there and giggles like crazy!!!!!!! I can't believe this. I finally get the foaling stall ready, she's in it for one night and BOOM! Out flies the baby! The camera was not up, and I was not on mare stare. Angel did it all herself. Her bag is small but the baby is nursing well. At first we had to tie Angel up because she was kicking at the baby and refused to let it nurse. Now she seems to be dealing with it. The baby was already dry, found the after birth and even did a couple laps around the stall. Then it came right up to us for heaving petting and loving.

I dumped iodine on the navel thingy and tried to see if we have a boy or a girl, but it went kinda too fast struggeling to get up so I don't know. It's either a boy or a girl. Has to be one of them. I think it's a filly really cause I layed down under it kinda and didn't see a thingy, so I believe it's a girl, for now anyway. The vet won't be able to get her till Monday to do the IGG thingy but said as long as we are up and nursing and no one seems to be in any distress, it should be ok. If we have any problems we have to haul up there, but so far everything seems good! It's very cold and nasty up here, windy, about 30 degrees and we have some sort of precipitation, like sleet/snow mix so they won't be going out. I didn't cover the baby but wondering if maybe I should. They are not in any draft and I bedding the stall deeply with hay. I"ll have to get Angel's belly shaved right away and she is shedding all over the place.

MEET BRAVE LITTLE PRANCERS NIGHT STAR

Angelfoal1.jpg

Angelfoal2.jpg

NOW FOR MY OTHER SURPRISE!!!

I've been sneaky. Been holding out on you. I have been hunting around for a few months now for a filly. I had several very specific things that I was looking for. I scoured every single website I could find and I was on the sales board every single night. I just couldn't find the right one that struck my fancy. You know how it is when you see the "right one". Well I didn't so I just gave up hunting. Then, I decided to contact Pam Walsh of Rocking Horse Acres and she told me right away that she had just what I'm looking for and told me all about her. The 2 year old filly was going to be the right height and style that I had in mind, and also has bloodlines to die for. We made the deal quickly. I took one look and knew this was the right horse. This is an old picture of her. She just arrived this morning at the same time that we were dumping iodine on the foal so I haven't had any time for new pictures yet. She is very lovely indeed and just what Pam said she would be. She has an incredible pretty face, very tight little muzzle and wow, one of "those" necks! She went right into her stall, took a good roll and I gave her a little bit of soaked beet pulp and a handful of hay. She's tired!

I'm just reeling here with so much excitment all at once I don't know what to do with myself! I'm walking on air.

Her sire is BLS Rangers Blaze of Glory and her Dam is one of Rocking Horse Acres favorite mares Bina.

INTRODUCING:

RHA HOT SCOTCH

Scotchavatar.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=12pt]Oh my goodness, Marty.....you are just FULL of surprises this morning![/SIZE]

CONGRATULATIONS on that lovely baby! (the easiest & most accurate way to check for sex, is to lift the tail & look for the vulva) Looking underneith for a colt's "thingy" doesn't work, because they usually have it pulled all the way up! Many a colt has been mis-identified as a filly this way! :lol:

ALSO...CONGRATULATIONS on your new filly! The Walshes have some really awesome horses....and you've picked a GOOD one!
default_yes.gif
:

wow how exciting!! and what a beautiful foal!! im so happy for you
default_smile.png
:aktion033: :aktion033:

Congratulations Marty...your little baby is gorgeous...you have to be totally full of yourself today :bgrin :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

WOW what a morning WHOO HOO glad everything went well with the new baby and your new horse how exciting for you 2 horses in a matter of minutes
default_yes.gif
:

Congrats on your beautiful new foal Marty (have you determined which sex yet? Look under the tail, it's easier to tell there! :bgrin )

Congrats also on your new purchase, she's a looker alright!!
default_yes.gif
:

:new_shocked: WOW Marty...what an EXCITING morning up on that mountain!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! They are both beautiful!!

Last edited by a moderator:
:aktion033: OMG I can't stop smiling for you!!! I can't wait to hear more! Congrats to you and all of the Prancers!

Congratulations, Marty, on your two new girls....er, one new girl and one new ??? Glad you know it has to be either a boy or a girl! :lol: Whatever Angel's baby is, it is CUTE!

WOW!!!! :aktion033:

What a morning!!!! I can feel your excitement!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to hear if foaly is a filly or colt!

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Don't you just love surprises!!! Especially when they turn out so well!!!!
default_yes.gif
:

OHHH MARTY IM SO HAPPY FOR YOU,!!!
default_yes.gif
: :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033: WOW ONE MINUITE THERES NOTHING HAPPENING AND THE WEATHERS BAD,AND YOUR LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW AT THE RAIN AND THERES NOTHING TO DO AND THEN , BAM! EVRYTHINGS HAPPENING LOL YOU WILL haVE TO WRITE A BOOK ON THIS DAY THATS FOR SURE, IF YOU GET THE TIME THAT IS, I BET YOU CANT STOP LOOKING AT THEM, AWWWWWW
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
: THEY ARE BOTH SO BEAUTIFUL, NOW I CANT WAIT TO HEAR THE NAMES...... to be continued lol :bgrin

Good Morning to you, Marty

CONGRADULATIONS :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Love those Pintos and a Filly Maybe to boot.

Nice little mare, see we women can keep secrets. :bgrin

Have a wonderful weekend, & enjoy. :488:
default_wub.png
: :saludando: :488:

Angel was not supposed to foal yet! We had a few weeks left and I hadn't even checked her for a couple of days. She had no milk, no signs of anything going on at all.

I go out to feed this morning and there's a little black and white pinto foaly just standing up looking right at me! OH MY GOSH!
Oh Marty, congratulations and I am a little jealous! Mercy has done the "surprise" foal thing to me twice and while I was upset that she fooled me, I was happy that all was well. What a cutie! One of our surprises was named "Silversong Out of the Blue" as he literally appeared out of the blue.

I agree with the poster who said check under the tail - if there's just a hiney, then you probably have the berries to go with it! I got fooled that way when Independence's foal Dallas was born. His "berries" and other equipment looked like baby teats on a filly and I called to Ben "It's a girl!" He said "Are you sure?" (He hopes to go to Cornell for veterinary medicine some day.) I double checked under the tail and baby had just a hiney under there. :new_shocked:

Our Intrepid will be at day 300 a week from today and I think we are both chomping at the bit to welcome a new foal... after 2003, 2004, and 2005, I am hoping the foal fairy gives us a healthy baby and a happy, healthy mare. Intrepid IS the broodmare with the pinned ears in the humorous posting on mare stares... she has gotten accustomed to me touching her belly to check for foal movement (after Indy lost her filly in 2005, Intrepid has not had a moment to eat without my hand pressing on her navel or sides - I want to be prepared if we lose this foal) but if I try to check her very small bag (uneven, too!), she squeals and lets me know I am in a place I shouldn't be by threatening to swat me with a hind hoof! My horsesiiter who covered last weekend when we were in Orlando said in her opinion, she is HUGE. I don't think so, however.
default_rolleyes.gif
:

More pictures, please!

My camera is on a test run right now - I had to retire my Radio Shack camera as it was not working and I bit the bullet to purchase a Saddlebrook Farms metal barn camera - I think it was Bill (at Saddlebrook) who talked me through the set-up and it works very well.

Congratulations!!!! :aktion033:
default_cheers.gif
:

Denise

Silversong Farm

WOO HOO Marty. :aktion033: Way to go. :bgrin Left the tail, one or two holes??? C'mon, do it. :lol:

Hey if there is to much excitement for you on that mountain of yours, I'll take Scotch off your hands.
default_yes.gif
:

Holy Smokes!!!! When all of that adrenaline wears off, you are going to be tuckered out! I agree; this is material for another book. What an unforgetable morning! Both fillies are beautiful.
default_wub.png
: Many, many congratulations! :aktion033:

Congratulations Marty!

Wasn't Angel sweet to make sure you didn't miss any sleep? :bgrin

You need the "punctuation" lesson from Jenn's dad ... he says you look under the tail, if you see a period you've got a boy, a semi-colon it's a girl!

Wow how exciting, What a supprise! Congrats on your new baby, Doesnt he/she look like daddy! :aktion033:

Scotch is a beauty, congrats on her to! Current photos are a must when things "die down" over there
default_yes.gif
:

I took another look. I still don't know what it is but it's a boy or a girl. I'm running around like a nut case.

Freaking out.

Both my dogs are sick, puking and pooing all over the place.

Oh gosh what is wrong with them now? And just LOOK at this mess!!!!!!! Oh man

Got herbal tea brewing and where's my blood pressure pills darn it they're here someplace.

Gotta shave Angel's belly.

Baby bucking.

New filly wants to know if it's always this crazy around here.

She's just starring going "why am I here?"

Sonny's trying to tear the gate down off his pasture to get back in.

Don't start today, horse I swear do not start with me now. Have some hay and shut up please.

I'm like I can get through this day, I can get through this day........

.....why did Jerry go to work and leave me here? I suppose that's obvious.

Congratulations!!!! What a wonderful way to start the weekend. The filly and the ? are both very nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back