obama quote

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bassett

Reaction score
West Central Wisconsin on the Mississippi River
"We can't drive our SUVs and eat as much as we want and keep our homes on 72 degrees at all times ... and then just expect that other countries are going to say OK. That's not leadership. That's not going to happen."
-- Barack Obama

Last edited by a moderator:
If someone's coming for my SUV, food, or thermostat, I will have a real appreciation for the 2nd Amendment.

Ummmm..... what can they say? Not really any of their business....... I am not really thrilled about the fact that I am in a huge pile of college debt and yet in Switzerland they go to college for free....... Then again, I am not ready to move to Switzerland....

I don't really get the point of that quote.

Bonnie, I heard that quote awhile back and it didn't impress me (with Obama), either. Matt, the point of many of Obama's quotes escapes me as well. Here are a few:

"Let me be absolutely clear. Israel is a strong friend of Israel's. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under a McCain...administration. It will be a strong friend of Israel's under an Obama administration. So that policy is not going to change."

"I've now been in 57 states -- I think one left to go."

"The point I was making was not that Grandmother harbors any racial animosity. She doesn't. But she is a typical white person, who, if she sees somebody on the street that she doesn't know, you know, there's a reaction that's been bred in our experiences that don't go away and that sometimes come out in the wrong way, and that's just the nature of race in our society."

In the Nat'l health care plan that the Democrats are proposing ... they want to be able to tell YOU what temperature YOU CAN KEEP YOUR HOUSE at.

Excuse me? :DOH!

Maybe that was my point. Not much of what he says makes sense to me. I just thought it sounded stupid.

In the Nat'l health care plan that the Democrats are proposing ... they want to be able to tell YOU what temperature YOU CAN KEEP YOUR HOUSE at.
Sheryl, I sure hope this is a joke. Are you serious they really want to limit our heat temperature? I had not heard that. OMG

No Bassett, it's not a joke. We heard it on one of the National Talk Radio shows, I'll have to find out which station the show is on.

They want to tell you how "hot/warm" or "cool" you can keep the temperature of your house.

Oh my gosh,,,, this is old.

What he is trying to say is just what was posted earlier that someone said was from Letterman. He is saying that you might have to give a little,,, GASP!!!!! You can't say we have the greatest country in the world, and not work to keep it that way.

Jimmy Carter 1979

I ask Congress to give me authority for mandatory conservation and for standby gasoline rationing................. And I'm asking you for your good and for your Nation's security to take no unnecessary trips, to use carpools or public transportation whenever you can, to park your car one extra day per week, to obey the speed limit, and to set your thermostats to save fuel. Every act of energy conservation like this is more than just common sense -- I tell you it is an act of patriotism.
Have you seen the picture of Obama's mansion? How much energy does that thing use? I bet he doesn't even know what his heating & cooling bill is.

http://sedulia.blogs.com/photos/everywhere...amas_house.html

Well, since I don't own an SUV... could stand to lose some weight... and don't ever want the house cooled below 72*, I guess I've got nothing to worry about.

In the Nat'l health care plan that the Democrats are proposing ... they want to be able to tell YOU what temperature YOU CAN KEEP YOUR HOUSE at.Excuse me? :DOH!
I would love to see proof of that statement, I can't believe it is factual. If so, I will gladly eat my words. BTW, proof is not what some talk show host says, but a direct quote from Obama, or written in his platform.

Gary

As far as I know, the quote is real. The Big Brother interpretation that's going on here is probably fake.

America is still considered a world leader. We are at the front of a lot of environmental efforts. We do a lot of 'Hey, you need to clean this up' or 'Hey, you need to find a better way'.

How can we continue to do that if we refuse to lead by example?

I think this ties into when Obama's talked about a spirit of sacrifice and national service. If we want energy independence, if we want a healthy environment, if we want the world to change, we're going to have to make some sacrifice, aren't we? We should be leading by example.

I'm sure that even with an explanation, though, those who want to disagree with Obama will still find ways to take exception.

Does this mean that if I cant keep my house above 65 this winter that they will help me buy some oil so I can keep it at 72? No really we arent using oil at all this winter if we can help it and like it just fine. Have to put on more clothes but so far we have been able to stay warm. I know others who havent though already and its only in the 20's so far at night. Anyone in this state who owns property cant get fuel assistance unless they dont have a job.

Since we heat with wood and live in a timber there is NO ONE who can tell us how warm to keep the house. In the summer we rarely need the air conditioner for the same reason, lots of trees = shade + usually nice breezes = comfort.

For the other issues I'm with Jill. I have a gun or two and I know how to use them.
default_wink.png

I said a long time ago on this forum we can not tell other countries they can not enjoy the same luxuries we have had for many years. And I'm NOT willing to step back in time and give up those same luxuries. That my friends is why I choose to live in the GREATEST country in the world!

Wow. How did we go from 'hey, maybe you should set your thermostat a little higher/lower and drive a little less if you can' to shooting people?

Lowrise I don't read ANYWHERE that anyone said anything about shooting anyone! Why do you always put words into people's 'mouths'(posts)?

I DID say I wasn't willing to give up the luxuries I worked many years to afford. And I am NOT willing to have anyone tell me, or come knock on my door and say I am using TOO much of whatever!

Just because I said I have a gun or two and I know how to use them, DOES NOT mean I am saying I will shoot anyone! However I would stand on my front porch with a gun/rifle and tell anyone who was not welcome on my property to get the heck off! Which includes someone there to tell me I was 'using too much' of whatever!

When the day comes that our government is regulating how warm or cold we are allowed to keep our homes or how much we are allowed to drive etc. (I pray I am across the Rainbow Bridge.) There will be such an uprising, unless all of our guns have been taken away also.

...and that's how it's going to be for many until we all end up fighting eachother like animals for the last available resources.

Nice!
default_wacko.png

Lowrise I don't read ANYWHERE that anyone said anything about shooting anyone! Why do you always put words into people's 'mouths'(posts)?

Wow. I had no idea that CONSERVATION was such a horrible thing.

What Cyndi just said is why it is often such an exercise in frustration to try and have a conversation with .............................. It's bad enough when it's a verbal conversation and one person pretends you said things you did not but when it's an IN PRINT conversation where you can easily be sure if you did or did not "hear" something right -- give me a break!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back