Nursing home visit

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nathan Luszcz

Reaction score
I've been asked to bring Deacon to a nursing home. My barn manager is a teacher at a local school, and they do a little equine program as well. Her class is doing some service at a local nursing home, and somehow my little pony was brought up and invited to visit.

I'm all for the idea. I've spent a lot of time in nursing homes, both with my great grandmother as well as serving as an EMT with the local EMS. It would really put some smiles on their faces and brighten the day to have a little pony waltz into the room.

But at the same time I don't want to cause problems. I don't need a lawsuit on my hands for trying to do a good dead, nor do I want to make an issue out of nothing. Those of you that do bring your minis to nursing homes, what protection did you have? Deacon is wonderful, he's been in houses before, been "attacked" by little kids, and is very quiet and loving. I'm 95% sure he'd be great. But he's an animal, a stallion to boot, so there is always a chance of something, er, undesirable, happening.

And on the subject of undesirable, how did the homes accomidate you, and how did you accomidate them? What kind of arrangements were made?

Any insite would be greatly appreciated. I want to make an impact, but I want to be invited back, not be hauled into court. (although both would make quite an impact...)

I realize the liability could be a real problem; now having said that we went without any insurance. We were invited to a nuring home where a relative is staying and at the time we took one mini and our big horse. They set up all who could come outside in the parking lot and we put on a little show of tricks and then walked around and let them pet and feed the horses. We took some for rides in the cart with the mini and the staff asked to ride the big horse. The home furnished "smores" for the residents and everyone had a really good time. The staff very much appreicated our effort in coming there.

We were probably "lucky" that nothing happened but I can "read" my horses pretty well and would never have gone near the crowd if they were "acting up". My QH put her head right into people's laps that were in wheelchairs.

Just to show me who was boss though the next day at a fun show same horse tried to buck me off!

P.S. I know some take their horses inside but I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that (even minis). That's why we asked for the parking lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I visit nursing homes weekly. I do not have liability insurance, however, I have been told that since it is an "activity" that I would be covered by the home. This is my fourth year of going weekly. I have had a few accidents. Never in the 13 homes that I have gone to has it been a real problem. Some places, I just ask for a bag and pick it up or spray the carpet and sop it up. Many times they call house keeping who says that is one of the better messes they have cleaned up all day. I watch teeth an back legs at all times. The nice thing with nursing homes is that unlike the kids, the horse moves to the people, they usually don't flock to the horse. It is a great feeling to be with those people. That being said, I am hoping to get Delta certification on mine in order to have liability insurance, just in case. I would hate to have my good deed turn into someone elses fund raiser. Be smart, be careful and have fun.

You can do a search on it, but it is for pet therapy animals. They have to be a certain age and then they go through testing where the tester will see if they kick, bite and react to different situations. It is mostly for dogs, but they do mini horses also. It costs you 75 dollars, but I think you get something like 1million dollars liability if you pass....Delta Society Someone here has theirs Delta Certified. There is also certification through different hospice programs I believe.

Who is it, was it HorseHugs with a delta certification? Anyone? Thanks

Pet Partners

This is a better Delta page to look at for info.

I did nursing homes and hospitals without any problems - and was always invited back... but Nathan - the stallion issue could be problematical as far as potential hassles go.... of anything did go wrong - say someone got nibbled - the stallion issue would be the first thing that would be brought up.... potential liability issues there.

I took the minis inside as well as outside - including mares with foals. Vet wrap on their hooves helps with slippery linoleum floors... but we never had any issues or accidents in many years of visits.

Make sure the brakes are on on every wheelchair. Every mini I took in was very careful to lay their heads on the arms of wheel chairs or even in people's laps... and the light that shone in those eyes as gnarled and crippled hands stroked them made me tear up. One old fellow - who had not said a word to the staff in 3 years - started to babble about his old Clydesdale team... and he hugged Daisy until her eyes bugged out - but she never flinched. Not so much as an ear...

Wonderful memories..
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

I would most certainly get someone at the home to sign a waiver before you go, putting in writing that you hold NO insurance and that you have been told that you are covered for accidents by the homes insurance.

I would also state that the animal is of sound temperament BUT an animal and and "accident" might happen.

I would NOT mention he is a stallion- EVERYONE seems to know that word!! If you do not mention it it will not arise.

As to relieving himself before the event- travel him there in an empty trailer.

Take him off the trailer.

Put down some nice clean straw/shavings and a dollop of mare poop and - well, there you go!!!!

Pop him back on for a few minutes and it will all be done in the trailer!!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Good Luck, by the way, this is a wonderful thing to do.

I personally would not own horses without liability insurance, much less take them into a nursing home. You should speak with your insurance agent.

I just recently asked my insurance agent about this, and with our policy he said if we were asked to make a visit by the home we did not need additional coverage. But if we asked the home if we could visit, we would then need the liability coverage. He said if they ask us, then it is their policy that would cover us. I didn't get into asking him all the details yet about the insurance itself since neither I nor they had the time at that very moment, but I plan on it. This is near and dear to my heart............tagalong, your post brought tears to my eyes just thinking about that elderly man, and their faces beaming with joy. I've brought greeting cards to residents at nursing homes before, and although it can be so difficult, it is also so rewarding!
default_yes.gif
: I'd love to find out more about this certification as well, and if it is something available in my area.

I personally would not own horses without liability insurance, much less take them into a nursing home. You should speak with your insurance agent.
I am in complete agreement with this. The cost of the liability is minimal compared to the cost of a law suit not only in a nursing home anywhere else. Home owners wont always cover you the way you think

As in insurance broker and knowing the kinds of law suits that abound I would not do this without liability insurance. I know the laws in the US are different and insurance is different there too but here in Canada if you are a member of the OEF (Ontario Equestrian Federation) you automatically have $5,000,000 Liability insurance through a group policy with Lloyds of London. Maybe you should contact the association in your area and maybe they have a plan like this too. I also have a farm policy which extends the liability to the horses and at horse shows, not paranoid but like to make sure I am protected from lawsuits.

Hope that helps.

Yvonne :saludando:

I do carry 1000/2000 liability insurance on Charlie and have already recieved a quote for 500/1000 on both boys combined. I'm not sure they'd cover such a trip though, I really need to contact the agent and discuss it. But even five hundred thousand dollars will disapear quite quickly if some sue happy grandchild comes after me.

Those of you that do this regularly, what does the home do for you, and what do you do for them? How does it generally work? What does a day look like?

One advise I would like to give is PLEASE make sure your horse is vaccinated..........ESPECIALLY if it is a young/weanling!!!

I worked in Nursing homes, and the germs floating around can affect your horse, so make sure they are in good health and properly vaccinated.

Now that being said........I have taken mini donkeys and horses, and chicks and kittens and puppies, and you name it in for the residents.

THEY ABSOLUTLEY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!

Vet wrap is good for their hooves, otherwise they tend to slip on the floors.

Making sure the wheelchairs are locked is a VERY good idea.....

What started me doing this, was A resident named Jack, who was legally blind, and we always talked about the donkey he had as a child, and how that man's eyes lit up when he talked about him, so I brought a mini jenny to the nursing home, he could not see her very well but he stroked her long ears over and over and just to feel her hair and smell her brought back so many memories.........
default_wub.png
:

The reward you feel is worth it!

Even something as simple as chicks...........I had a man that raised chickens and he could tell me every breed there was that I had and I had no clue.

Think how many people have grew up on farms and have left that world behind to be in a home........SAD really, so weather a horse, donkey, a puppy a kitten, chickens anything.....They truly enjoy and appreciate it!!!

Also I was told I was covered by the activity, since it was something I planned with the activities director.....

But insurance is always good because ACCIDENTS can and will happen!

default_yes.gif
:

Usually if it is a planned activity they will have the residence all in a main room, or outside and then you can just take him by each one and they can pet him, but you may discuss if bed ridden people would like to see him, if even to walk him in and they can see them.....it makes them light up........

Get ahold of the activities director and they can answer all your questions!

When I started taking them into nursing homes, I added a rider to my homeowners policy that would cover them at nursing homes, daycares, or even to do pony rides at someones home. The only stipulation they made was that I (or someone trained) have control of the animal at all times and not let it be held by a child or someone not familiar with them.

Angie

*Yeeeesh... this is long. I tend to get long-winded about things I feel passionate about. Feel free to scroll...*

default_blush.png
:

My first excursions into this began due to one dignified old gentleman by the name of Robert. He was sitting in the big window seat at the Extended Care Facility, staring out at the rainy, dreary day. My mother was part of the group serving tea to the residents that day... and she was standing with Robert when the Director came over, sat down next to him and asked him what she could do to make him smile. When Robert turned and said, very solemnly, "... I think some animals coming to visit would be rather nice..." my mom had the answer to the next question...
default_yes.gif
:

And so it began.

Nathan... when I used do to this once or twice a month (before I moved here) ... we had a set time. Wednesday afternoons at one. The residents of the Extended Care Facility would be brought out to the main room... wheelchairs locked. Residents not in wheelchairs seated. No walkers. No one wobbly or frail standing.

I did these visits with a friend - and it started off with just our dogs - who would do some tricks and special things - and then simply visit and comfort. The minis joined the gang shortly thereafter. No mini ever had an accident in the facility. We also took in, from time to time, ducklings... young kittens.... a small lamb... but the dogs and minis were the "main/mane attraction". Residents who could not make it to the common room that day and wanted a visit, would have one of the minis and a couple of the dogs come to his/her room.

One older woman - in her late 90s - who could no longer see or speak and was presumed to be deaf as well, had a particular affinity for the horses. She was known as "Gran"... and you would carefully place her hand on one of the dogs... and she would slowly feel along its back and over its head - with a look of great concentration on her face. When Gran figured out it was a dog - she would gently push it away. Bring in a mini - and the fingertip inspection would begin again. Once she had established that it was a HORSE... she would not let go. She held on to mane... to ears (and not one mini ever protested in all those years) .... to halters with one frail hand - and beam - while stroking a velvety nose with the other. Dear old Gran must have had horses in her past.

Once I moved here... I no longer had the connections for a regular schedule anywhere. But a facility for severely disabled children (many on respirators) invited the local therapeutic riding facility to their Christmas party - and as I was one of the volunteers there - I was asked if a mini could come. And a few years of surprises and joy ensued...

Minis would walk into that hot, stuffy house (remodeled to suit the children's needs) ... into the small crowd of people coming and going... the residents who may have respirators wheezing and whispering, little hands that do not know how hard they may pinch... and again - as if the horses knew - not one misbehaved or had an accident. Someone has pictures of one of the minis - a yearling at the time - carefully reaching out to a small toddler supported in a bean bag chair... and two chubby little hands reaching back out to him. I remember one boy about 14 years old... confined to a lazy-boy type lounger during the day... hooked up to everything you can imagine... who vocalized and clamoured to get the horses to come and see him. None pulled back. They carefully stepped alongside that chair and laid their heads along the arms - just as the mini friends I had left behind in Canada had known to do.

We would go outside for a few minutes for the minis to cool off... and then go back inside to say goodbye to each resident in turn.

All that changed when the facility received a new Director. No more animals. They were dirty. Even the resident kitty had to find a new home. So sad...

We have also visited a facility that housed mentally challenged adults... and Delight - the chosen mare for the job - never flinched at the loud voices, the inappropriate screaming, the delight (heh) she caused... and all the hands that touched, explored and caressed in wonder. She went from building to building and never batted an eye. Up a stepor two, down a step, over the grating, linoleum, carpet - she took it all in stride.

As far as Delta certification goes... after I moved here, I had my Borzoi at a Delta clinic given by an evaluator/tester - and she was intrigued with the idea of using the minis after I related my experiences... so I helped design the test for minis - in this area anyway - perhaps it became widespread ? - using horses here as the measuring points. One ex-show mare who I knew would accept anything as the ideal to aim for ... and one gelding who tended to be... let's say reactive (heh) as what NOT to look for. And then some inbetweeners for the other degrees of suitability. We gave one of our young fillies to the Delta Society evaluator to become a Therapy Horse - and apparently she was the first mini to be certified.

What do you need to do to prepare? BATHS are a necessity if you are going into many facilities. I always blew the horses off before we left, as well. In the winter a bath did not work - but they were vacuumed and/or blown thoroughly. Take a wet washcloth/towel to wipe off hooves/legs that may get poopy in the trailer. Put tails up before you leave to keep them clean and let them down when you go in. Vet wrap for hooves that may need to cross slippery or shiny-appearing floors. A clean halter and shank that is ONLY for those visits.

Again - in all these years - I have NEVER had a mini have an accident indoors. *knocks on wood* And I have had them in elevators, crossing marble floors in hotel lobbies, on carpeting, tile, hardwood - you name it! Even in a ballroom on the second floor of a large hotel for a NARHA seminar. The only thing that got a few of them... intrigued... was their own reflection in glass windows or mirrors.

I have brain freeze for now - and cannot think of anything else for the moment.

But back to a follow-up on Charlie - the formerly silent old gentleman who found a new sparkle to life when he gazed upon Daisy... the black pinto mini mare. Every time we visited he would laugh in delight and say - a horse in the house - isn't that the darndest thing! He also developed a special friendship with Folli the Borzoi... as she could sit in front of him and gaze directly into his eyes as he stroked her silky fur and called her His Doggie Princess. She took everything he said Very Seriously...

Some days, Charlie was not well enough to come to the common room... and Daisy, Cody, or Clarissa(whichever mini was visiting that day) would be permitted to go down the long hall and visit him in his room. If Folli discovered that Charlie was not with the others, she would quietly slip down the hall dragging her leash, accompanied by a staff member... and sit at Charlie's bedside with a paw and her nose alongside him while he talked to her. Now that he had started talking again - it was hard to get a word in edgewise! That was okay- all Folli wanted to do was listen.

One grey winter afternoon... the dogs had done their little show. The young kittens had been retrieved from assorted laps and returned to their crate... and Cody had made the rounds one last time to say goodbye... but where was Folli?! I knew she would not be anywhere without staff - so was a bit puzzled but not concerned. Folli was a truly gentle soul and loved her friends there (and had privileges none of the other dogs or minis could hope to gain by virtue of her personality and temperament). We loaded Cody up... put the other critters in the assorted vehicles... and returned for the bit of runner carpet we used in the wet months. One of the nurses came up to me, took me by the arm and propelled me down the hall - to Charlie's room. Only... it wasn't anymore. All the furnishings and decorations and pictures that had shown that Charlie once lived there... had vanished. The room had returned to its antiseptic, stark shell... awaiting another resident. Charlie was gone. He had died in his sleep a few days earlier. And there sat Folli, leaning against his empty bed... one paw and her long nose on the mattress... her eyes closed... mourning.

The nurse could barely talk - she was so moved. She said Folli had been like that for almost an hour... grieving for her friend. I suspect that when Folli crossed the Rainbow Bridge some years later - that a spry fellow with a glint in his eye was there - waiting for his Doggie Princess.... so he could pick up the conversation where he had left off, regaling her with tales of his Clydesdale team...

And I am sure she is savouring every word...

[SIZE=10pt]edited after the fact for typos...[/SIZE]

Tagalong................

Now I am weeping like a big baby!

Animals truly mean alot to these people, that is for sure..............I dread the day I would ever need to be cared for, and especially in a home away from my dear animals..........I imagine most of these people are the same way.

I know when I take animals in, there is a story from almsot every resident that can speak, and let me tell you there are even stories from the ones that can't..............
default_yes.gif
:

Good Luck Nathan if you decide to do it! & please update us.........and we would love pics!!!!!!!!

Here's a couple from a visit with a jennet!

Butercupnursinghome1SmallWebview.jpg

ButtercupnursinghomeSmallWebview.jpg

This is a treasured topic for me and I am going to place it in a special folder in my computer. Thank you all for the wonderful stories of love and devotion. I use to help every Sunday for fourteen years and when the pets came to visit well that was the best thing that happened for most. Even the ones with eyes closed would reach out with love in that finger that took all of their being to lift. FLFlyingW

I had a 3 month old mini colt that I took to an elementary school and five nursing homes. He did great. Nobody signed any papers or anything. We told him how good he was and his temperment and they invited us with open arms. And to take care of the messes we bought him a "bun bag", with that we didn't have anything to worry about. He was potty trained as far as peeing went. I trained him to hold it until we got outside and he had permission to go. He never ever attempted to bite or kick and had a one of a kind personality, he absolutely loved people of all ages. He was the sweetest thing. We brought him in the house all the time and would just turn him loose, he would follow me around like a dog. He continued visiting the nursing homes up until he died at the age of 10 months from colic. Has your stallion EVER kicked at you or anybody? Does he have that love for people? Does he stand quietly for long periods of time?

Does he bite at all? You just need to be sure that he won't act up or get irritated. You need to make sure that he enjoys it. If he doesn't enjoy it then you shouldn't do it. That's just asking for trouble. When I took my mini colt you could tell he loved it. He never ever refused to load up in the back of our suburban to go, he would practically jump in. Once we got there he was very eager to go inside and would stand there happily while the residents would pet him. He loved it. You could see it in his face. I knew that he was the perfect one for it. He would follow me anywhere, into elevators, up stairs, down stairs, into the suburban, out of the suburban, into small spaces, anywhere! He absolutely loved his job. Just make sure that your stallion loves it too! You don't want to ask for trouble. Good luck!!!

*Yeeeesh... this is long. I tend to get long-winded about things I feel passionate about. Feel free to scroll...*

default_blush.png
:

My first excursions into this began due to one dignified old gentleman by the name of Robert. He was sitting in the big window seat at the Extended Care Facility, staring out at the rainy, dreary day. My mother was part of the group serving tea to the residents that day... and she was standing with Robert when the Director came over, sat down next to him and asked him what she could do to make him smile. When Robert turned and said, very solemnly, "... I think some animals coming to visit would be rather nice..." my mom had the answer to the next question...
default_yes.gif
:

And so it began.

Nathan... when I used do to this once or twice a month (before I moved here) ... we had a set time. Wednesday afternoons at one. The residents of the Extended Care Facility would be brought out to the main room... wheelchairs locked. Residents not in wheelchairs seated. No walkers. No one wobbly or frail standing.

I did these visits with a friend - and it started off with just our dogs - who would do some tricks and special things - and then simply visit and comfort. The minis joined the gang shortly thereafter. No mini ever had an accident in the facility. We also took in, from time to time, ducklings... young kittens.... a small lamb... but the dogs and minis were the "main/mane attraction". Residents who could not make it to the common room that day and wanted a visit, would have one of the minis and a couple of the dogs come to his/her room.

One older woman - in her late 90s - who could no longer see or speak and was presumed to be deaf as well, had a particular affinity for the horses. She was known as "Gran"... and you would carefully place her hand on one of the dogs... and she would slowly feel along its back and over its head - with a look of great concentration on her face. When Gran figured out it was a dog - she would gently push it away. Bring in a mini - and the fingertip inspection would begin again. Once she had established that it was a HORSE... she would not let go. She held on to mane... to ears (and not one mini ever protested in all those years) .... to halters with one frail hand - and beam - while stroking a velvety nose with the other. Dear old Gran must have had horses in her past.

Once I moved here... I no longer had the connections for a regular schedule anywhere. But a facility for severely disabled children (many on respirators) invited the local therapeutic riding facility to their Christmas party - and as I was one of the volunteers there - I was asked if a mini could come. And a few years of surprises and joy ensued...

Minis would walk into that hot, stuffy house (remodeled to suit the children's needs) ... into the small crowd of people coming and going... the residents who may have respirators wheezing and whispering, little hands that do not know how hard they may pinch... and again - as if the horses knew - not one misbehaved or had an accident. Someone has pictures of one of the minis - a yearling at the time - carefully reaching out to a small toddler supported in a bean bag chair... and two chubby little hands reaching back out to him. I remember one boy about 14 years old... confined to a lazy-boy type lounger during the day... hooked up to everything you can imagine... who vocalized and clamoured to get the horses to come and see him. None pulled back. They carefully stepped alongside that chair and laid their heads along the arms - just as the mini friends I had left behind in Canada had known to do.

We would go outside for a few minutes for the minis to cool off... and then go back inside to say goodbye to each resident in turn.

All that changed when the facility received a new Director. No more animals. They were dirty. Even the resident kitty had to find a new home. So sad...

We have also visited a facility that housed mentally challenged adults... and Delight - the chosen mare for the job - never flinched at the loud voices, the inappropriate screaming, the delight (heh) she caused... and all the hands that touched, explored and caressed in wonder. She went from building to building and never batted an eye. Up a stepor two, down a step, over the grating, linoleum, carpet - she took it all in stride.

As far as Delta certification goes... after I moved here, I had my Borzoi at a Delta clinic given by an evaluator/tester - and she was intrigued with the idea of using the minis after I related my experiences... so I helped design the test for minis - in this area anyway - perhaps it became widespread ? - using horses here as the measuring points. One ex-show mare who I knew would accept anything as the ideal to aim for ... and one gelding who tended to be... let's say reactive (heh) as what NOT to look for. And then some inbetweeners for the other degrees of suitability. We gave one of our young fillies to the Delta Society evaluator to become a Therapy Horse - and apparently she was the first mini to be certified.

What do you need to do to prepare? BATHS are a necessity if you are going into many facilities. I always blew the horses off before we left, as well. In the winter a bath did not work - but they were vacuumed and/or blown thoroughly. Take a wet washcloth/towel to wipe off hooves/legs that may get poopy in the trailer. Put tails up before you leave to keep them clean and let them down when you go in. Vet wrap for hooves that may need to cross slippery or shiny-appearing floors. A clean halter and shank that is ONLY for those visits.

Again - in all these years - I have NEVER had a mini have an accident indoors. *knocks on wood* And I have had them in elevators, crossing marble floors in hotel lobbies, on carpeting, tile, hardwood - you name it! Even in a ballroom on the second floor of a large hotel for a NARHA seminar. The only thing that got a few of them... intrigued... was their own reflection in glass windows or mirrors.

I have brain freeze for now - and cannot think of anything else for the moment.

But back to a follow-up on Charlie - the formerly silent old gentleman who found a new sparkle to life when he gazed upon Daisy... the black pinto mini mare. Every time we visited he would laugh in delight and say - a horse in the house - isn't that the darndest thing! He also developed a special friendship with Folli the Borzoi... as she could sit in front of him and gaze directly into his eyes as he stroked her silky fur and called her His Doggie Princess. She took everything he said Very Seriously...

Some days, Charlie was not well enough to come to the common room... and Daisy, Cody, or Clarissa(whichever mini was visiting that day) would be permitted to go down the long hall and visit him in his room. If Folli discovered that Charlie was not with the others, she would quietly slip down the hall dragging her leash, accompanied by a staff member... and sit at Charlie's bedside with a paw and her nose alongside him while he talked to her. Now that he had started talking again - it was hard to get a word in edgewise! That was okay- all Folli wanted to do was listen.

One grey winter afternoon... the dogs had done their little show. The young kittens had been retrieved from assorted laps and returned to their crate... and Cody had made the rounds one last time to say goodbye... but where was Folli?! I knew she would not be anywhere without staff - so was a bit puzzled but not concerned. Folli was a truly gentle soul and loved her friends there (and had privileges none of the other dogs or minis could hope to gain by virtue of her personality and temperament). We loaded Cody up... put the other critters in the assorted vehicles... and returned for the bit of runner carpet we used in the wet months. One of the nurses came up to me, took me by the arm and propelled me down the hall - to Charlie's room. Only... it wasn't anymore. All the furnishings and decorations and pictures that had shown that Charlie once lived there... had vanished. The room had returned to its antiseptic, stark shell... awaiting another resident. Charlie was gone. He had died in his sleep a few days earlier. And there sat Folli, leaning against his empty bed... one paw and her long nose on the mattress... her eyes closed... mourning.

The nurse could barely talk - she was so moved. She said Folli had been like that for almost an hour... grieving for her friend. I suspect that when Folli crossed the Rainbow Bridge some years later - that a spry fellow with a glint in his eye was there - waiting for his Doggie Princess.... so he could pick up the conversation where he had left off, regaling her with tales of his Clydesdale team...

And I am sure she is savouring every word...

[SIZE=10pt]edited after the fact for typos...[/SIZE]
Your wonderful story....AND your eloquent writing, has moved me to tears. Thank you so much for sharing!
default_yes.gif
:

Has your stallion EVER kicked at you or anybody? Does he have that love for people? Does he stand quietly for long periods of time? Does he bite at all?
So far he's only bucked once when I got on him (I know, I was asking for it
default_smile.png
). He's never kicked, bitten, pinned his ears, etc. He doesn't like to stand too long, but he'll just kinda move around rather than get upset or crabby. He took the cart for the first time today
default_smile.png
In two weeks we hope to actually attach him to it and get in. He is unfazed by ANYTHING so far. We had him drag a huge green branch today and he just tried to eat it. Whatever his previous owners did, they did it right.

Back