Not a mini, not a donkey, but my first horse....ever

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimule

Reaction score
I found this photo at my Mom's house this past weekend. I actually have shoes on! I was only 3 and I would go out, by myself, and climb the fence. When Squaw Lady walked by I'd jump on and ride. Usually I was barefoot and would grip her hair with my toes to stay on. We have that on a home movie somewhere..

mensquaw2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh how cute! I didn't have a horse until i turned 8, but I'm sure i would have done the same thing.
default_yes.gif
: We used to run bare foot in the front yard and jump up onto our horses' backs and just hang there on our bellies while they were grazing. Sometimes when they were excited after being cooped up for awhile we would see who could stay on the longest like that too. lol...good thing we never got hurt.

[SIZE=14pt]what a cute picture
default_yes.gif
: . funny about the shoes...i have lots of pictures from when i was little and i never had shoes on either...whats up with that? :bgrin if i were to do that now i would lose a toe or 2 for sure :eek: ! Nikki
[/SIZE]

Ohhhhhh Shawna, even back then you loved your horses.
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
: Cute picture. I think somewhere I have one similiar to that too. Brings back some good memories..of just hopping on and no fear of anything. Then we got smart! Corinne

aaawwww. sometimes life is just not fair. i don't have any cute pictures of me when i was little with a horse because i didn't get my first horse until i was THIRTY-FIVE years old...

WHAT A CUTE PICTURE...I HAVE (MY MOM HAS) A PICTURE OF ME WHEN I WAS 3 ON A SHETLAND PONY. THERE WAS A GROUP OF PEOPLE (I REMEMBER CALLING GYPSYS) THAT WOULD GO DOOR TO DOOR WITH THIS PONY AND TAKE PICTURES OF CHILDREN ON IT. THE PONY WAS ALL DECKED OUT AND THEY GAVE THE CHILDREN HATS & CHAPS. I HAVE BEEN BUGGING MY MOM FOR YEARS TO FIND THE PIC....I'LL BUG HER SOME MORE
default_yes.gif
:

That is very cute! See you had to wear dresses too. I hated it...my parents made me wear dresses until I went into High school
default_rolleyes.gif
:

[SIZE=12pt]Well, Shawna Darlene... that is one cute picture! I don't have any horse pictures when I was little either because I didn't have a horse when I was young. So thanks for sharing yours! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Teri, I would love to see that picture of you on the pony. I know there were a few groups that did that, but I have pictures of my mom and her brother also on the black and white pony all decked out in their rental chaps and such! Some of those people traveled all over...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Sawyer says thanks!
default_yes.gif
:
[/SIZE]

Latest posts

Back