Northeast Miniature Horse Club Driving Clinic w/ Mike McCabe!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Millstone Farm

Reaction score
[SIZE=18pt][/SIZE]

The Northeast Miniature Horse Club is pleased and excited to announce that we will be holding a weekend Driving Clinic on April 21 and 22
in West Brookfield, MA at beautiful Sawmill River Farm.

The clinic will be taught by Mike McCabe of MTC Training Center

Mike is a Senior AMHA judge, also carded with AMHR, ASPC-MC, IALHA, and ADGR. He has judged more than 57 AMHA shows including the World Show in 2002 and 2006. Mike has trained many horses to their World Driving titles. Here is a link to his training center web site so you can see for yourself. www.mccabetrainingcenter.com

This clinic will be structured as a series of private lessons, each 50 minutes. You must bring your own horse and equipment. Mike will be happy to tackle all your needs - from the greenest horse, to your World or National Champion. Youth and amateur drivers are welcome and encouraged.

Your private lesson will be $100, and must be pre-paid with your reservation. Unfortunately, there will be no auditing for this clinic. If you pre-pay and cannot attend, it will be your responsibility to find someone to fill your slot. This fee will be non-refundable.

There will be a maximum of 16 slots available on a pre-paid basis. Nine of those are already reserved. You may specify Saturday or Sunday, morning or afternoon. There also may be some time available on Friday, April 20 - late afternoon or early evening.

To reserve your space, please reply to [email protected] with your day and time preference, then follow up immediately with your check for $100 per lesson, payable to Northeast Miniature Horse Club. Mail your check to: Meredith Gately, Treasurer

67 Middle Road

Deerfield, NH 03037

We will contact you to confirm your time.

If you have dreams of driving your special horse to a World or National Championship, or simply want to improve your skills under the tutelage of one of the most respected driving trainers in the country -- this clinic is the opportunity of a lifetime!

This is going to be a wonderful event!!!! I admire Mike's horses and to have the opportunity to get some insight from him is a once in a lifetime chance!!!

Hope to see some of you there!

Kristina Slobody

Sawmill River Farm

I am signed up and am so excited! We hope to have our filly hooked to the cart by then - actually, she is ready now and we are just waiting for a nice day. I heard that it didn't matter at what stage she was in her training, so we will just be playing it by ear. But it will be fantastic if she is driving by then!! We have so much to learn as this will be my first driving since college, many, many years ago.

The club owes a big debt of gratitude to the Slobody Family who is generously and gratiously opening their farm to host this event.

All of the officers and directors of the Norteast Miniature Horse Club says THANK YOU!!!!!!

(and I can't wait to finally see the farm I've always heard such glowing things about!)

Jen,

We are so happy to be able to help the club out! You all are ENTIRELY welcome!

I cannot wait to get Mike's expertise on our horses! I think it is going to be such an awesome learning exerience!!!

We are looking forward to seeing everyone and glad to hear that you are planning on coming, Jen!

See you soon!

Jen- Does that mean you are going to be driving???? I wouldn't put anything past your horses but I have never seen them drive.

I have been to Mike's clinic at his farm in Ohio, and he is a wonderful instructor, kind, understanding, and he REALLY knows his stuff. On top of that he has a great sense of humor which adds levity to his time with you, and makes everyone feel welcome. An hour lesson with Mike McCabe is a rarity and we are VERY lucky to be able to take advantage of his knowledge!

On top of all this, the Slobody's have so kindly allowed us to use their farm and indoor! Ten thumbs up to them!!!

This year we are shooting for the MOON and going to Worlds, And Mike is helping us get there! :aktion033:

I'm bringing Rev (photo below) who will be in about as early a driving stage as possible. He's a very flashy mover and very level headed, so we'll see what Mike has to say about his potential.

It's hard, what with my work hours for me to really put the time into a driving horse that's needed, but I sure would love to get this guy competitive!

AllRevvedUp.jpg

Wish I could go but I'm going to a four day show down in North Carolina.
default_sad.png
Hope everyone learns lots though!! and has fun.
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back