No self-control!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yes last fall I wanted to lower my numbers for the winter. I had two minis that did not fit my breeding program due to off bites so decided even though they were very nice horses otherwise, I would sell them to help reduce the numbers of horses I had to care for through the winter because winter is hard here. So I advertised them and found a wonderful home who wanted them both.

3 weeks later I foolishly went with my daughter to see a friends horses and came home with 3 new girls so not only do I have that problem but I INCREASED my numbers when I had set out to decrease.

Do I want to buy new ones? Yes, all the time. However, I guess I must have a bit more self-control because I haven't bought a new one since 1998. The only additions have been those born here (and I still have too many!).

Yes, I have that ailment... Last year, I promised my husband no more minis until my APHA filly sold. Well, I fully expected to have her sold, by the time the palomino filly I had already spoken for was weaned. She didn't sell in time, but I brought home the palomino filly. Then, in January, I found an awesome little filly on the Last Chance Auction, and couldn't resist bidding. Is my APHA filly sold, yet? Nope. But, now I will hold off til she is sold before I bring home any more minis.

I'm in the no self control club also
default_rolleyes.gif
: I have sold several horses so I could buy a bred mare........well two fillies later I still have no bred mare. Darn, guess I will have to keep shopping
default_wink.png
:

LOL,...........DO NOT FEEL ALONE!!!!!!!! :aktion033:

If I had self control,........I would have FENCE before FOXY!!!!!!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

We are just coming out ahead in our bills now,....and ALREADY ,..I am looking at ads for mini's for sale,....

and ,..STILL NO FENCE UP!!!!!!!!! :new_shocked:
default_wacko.png
:

Self control??????,......ummmmm,.....Has anyone seen mine??????
default_wacko.png
: :bgrin

I thought I had some....I really did
default_rolleyes.gif
: . I was wrong :no: . In late February, I was sending off the last payment on the stallion I bought back last year...thinking "WOW for the first time in 5 years I'm 'horse payment free"....
default_rolleyes.gif
: yeah right. That lasted just long enough for me to visit a friend's website.....

Two more mares will be here as soon as one of them foals (the foal is coming too *praying for an uneventful foaling*) and I'll be making payments for almost another year
default_rolleyes.gif
:

But on the up side, I've sold a stallion and had someone very interested in another stallion over the weekend (time will tell as to whether he'll actually sell or not) So all in all I'll only be up ONE by the time the girls and foal get here
default_yes.gif
: (my husband just rolls his eyes at how I justify this stuff).

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back