No Response

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julieb

Reaction score
[SIZE=10pt][/size][/SIZE]Hi everyone, i thought i would give the forum a try to seek some advise...what do you all do when you do not get a response from a farm that you had emailed to inquire about a horse? I have emailed five different farms in the last two weeks and i have had one response...sooo frustrating... i am really wondering why they advertise if they cant answer emails...i would be greatful for your advise thanks you julie

You could try calling them? You never know their reason for not answering their emails.. Good luck!
default_smile.png

My advice is I'm sold on a seller before I'm sold on their horse. If they can't be bothered to reply, I'd move on to other farms. Chances are, they're not replying as they already sold the horse... but still, it only takes a minute to let your know. Too many people have horses for sale to get caught up in someone who's not going to give good service.

Try calling, believe it or not, many people gte friends or relatives to keep up their websites or post ads and actually don't have much if any access to internet. If there is a phone number available and you're interested in the horse, call. If you're not willing to call, then the horse can't be that important to you.

I would send a second email stating " This is my second email - I am serious about your horse" etc. Give them about a week to answer and if no answer then I would move on...................... I feel if they are too busy to answer emails to sell me a horse then they will be too busy if I have a problem with the horse & need info quickly etc............................. If I don't have time to send out information on a horse I send the inquirer a quick email telling them I don't have time right now but will get back to them in a day or so with the info.

Strange things happen in cyberspace. I recently had one person email me regarding a horse I had for sale and I replied promptly. I got a message back from the server that the address had permanent fatal errors and could not be delivered. Luckily, she had given her phone # in her email and I called her. For some reason, her email server would not accept any mail from me. Even when I clicked on reply from her email. (By the way, I wound up selling her the horse.)

Another one emailed VERY interested in a particular horse I had. We emailed back and forth several times and I needed to get new pictures. I got the pictures and sent them to her. After a couple of days, I had not heard from her and so I emailed again, asking if she had got the pictures. She replied promptly that she had not. She thought I hadn't had time to get them as a result of the rain and was waiting on me. I resent the pictures and she got them the next time.

I guess the answer is, if it is something you are really interested in, follow up in whatever way necessary. I had one ask for pictures by posting a message on the auction, but never left an email address. I did a Google search, found her farm website, and clicked on the email button from that and sent her the information she wanted.

I agree with Songcatcher, you never know if the people you email actually GET the emails for sure. Many of mine are apparently floating off into cyberspace, never to be seen again. :eek: I've had major problems with email and my computer lately.

Also, keep in mind that this is summertime, many people go on long vacations this time of year, or are busy getting ready to go to shows, traveling etc, and many don't check their emails daily or even every other day. The advice to email again, and/or call, is good IMO. If you don't get a response after that, then I guess you won't be wanting to buy any of their horses, and its their loss.
default_yes.gif
:

I would call them if you're really interested in the horse. Weird things happen in cyberspace......your email may be "blocked" for some reason by their computer and they're not getting them.

I agree with Jill

Also, sometimes emails just don't get to the person you are emailing. I'll try 2 emails and try phoning if there is a number, then I move on.

Email is great "some" of the time. I seem to have particular problems with aol addys.

I always hit "send" and HOPE they get there.

Completed a sale recently on a small black mare who drives.

We had a LOT of trouble with emails getting through and we were on the phone to get things settled.

I like email but i do find it unreliable sometimes.

edited to add: sometimes I get requests for pics and info and send things out usually in two or more messages and never hear back.

I never know for sure if the folks just weren't interested (my assumption) or if the messages never got through and they thought I wasn't communicating. It's a bummer either way, not knowing.

Last edited by a moderator:
[ Thank you everyone, i guess i will try again, this is the first time this has happened usually every one has been sooooo good....lesson be learned to write all of the info down on the sites i email...looks like everyone has some beautiful minis

I would try emailing the 2nd time stating that this is your 2nd request. Then if no answer and you're really interested, I would call them. Something could be wrong with their computer and not their fault.

Joyce L

I agree, try again.
default_yes.gif
:

I always answer ASAP. Sometimes I never hear back again and I never know if they got my email. Some times my emails don't go through, or I don't get emails. I hate to think someone thinks I'm ignoring them when I'm not. I'm sure this happens to many people besides myself.

I'd try again with an email.. No reply then you could try calling or move on.. I too don't waste my time on someone who can't take the two minutes to email back..

I get REALLY irked at the people who inquire about a horse for sale, want pictures, pedigree info etc etc, so I take the time to reply back to them, and sometimes even take new pictures of the horse if needed (which sometimes requires bathing, grooming etc etc) only to have that person NEVER reply back!! I usually give them 4-7 days after I send pictures before I send another email to see if they received the pictures, most of the time who would know since they don't bother to reply to that one either! ugh!!

Call! Who knows they may be busy with shows and are back logged on their emails. Happens to me every weekend! :eek:

When I first got into minis, I found a colt on a breeder's website that I just fell in love with. I sent an e-mail, got no response. Sent a second with no response, but also e-mailed a friend that knew the breeder and she told me that the breeder was very good about responding to e-mails and to try to call. So, I called and the breeder had not received my e-mail. Gave her my addy on the phone and she was able to e-mail me. Two years later, we still have e-mail problems occassionally, where my e-mails do not reach her. [i blame it on my ISP, but as they are the only game in town, there isn't much I can do about it.] Anyway, that colt is in my barn and I just love him.

Hello Julie....I have to admit, I'm one of those you've been trying to contact if your e-mail is [email protected]

Each time I reply to your e-mails I get an undeliverable notice...........<[email protected]>: host mx1.hotmail.com[65.54.244.136] said: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable (in reply to RCPT TO command)

Apparently there is a problem somewhere. My contact information is on my website, please give me a call or send another e-mail with your phone number and I'll be glad to call you.
default_yes.gif
: I would have called you before now but I did not have enough information in your e-mail.

Thanks,

Sharman Brown

http://www.ThousandOaksRanch.com

Latest posts

Back