No No

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Debby - LB

Admin / Mod
Reaction score
Has anyone here ever used the No No hair remover system? If so can you share good/bad results please and how well it may work for facial hair? Thanks!!

Have you looked at Google for "Reviews" I think I did a few months ago and they were not good.

I haven't tried it, and even though H hates to see me doing it, I do shave my face. I have very fine hair, not a lot, but it exfoliates your skin and it doesn't cause hair to grow back more course. If you google something like "women shave face", you'll probably get some good hits and for no more cost than the items you probably already have on hand. I love the way my face feels afterwards!

PS but along these lines -- things I saw on TV commercials -- I did just order some of those HD Night Vision driving glasses
default_biggrin.png

How funny! I was just going to ask the same question Debby. I don't want to buy it, but I'm always looking up reviews for those TV gadgets, and I wondered if anyone here has used the No No.

My co-worker has one and loves it! She also really lucked out and got it at a second hand place for about $10!!

This was interesting.......I have only ordered once from a company (not this product) that said I would get my money back. Forget it. Not worth it at all. Finally went to the credit card company and they removed the charge. Apparently there were numerous complaints. I am sure there has to be tons of complaints about this too.

http://www.amazon.com/Hair-Removal-System-Model-8800/product-reviews/B00383I8T6

Last edited by a moderator:
Just shave! Google. It's an old wives' tale that hair comes back in more coarse. Your skin will never feel better than after you've shaved (exfoliation)... I just do it in the bath tub with a multi blade razor. Never have cut myself and your skin probably never felt better than right after
default_yes.gif

I have looked at the reviews over the years and was wary of it because of those. I do know 2 people who say it's great! they use it for arms and legs. I just thought I'd ask here to see if anyone could recommend it.

djskid that's awesome! I'd sure try it if I could pick one up cheap like that.

My main reason for not getting one for facial hair is that (I think) it would be like using a cream depilatory?.. you know the hair has to get long enough for that to work, so who the heck wants to let the hair grow out to at least 1/4 inch to be able to use it.? Jill if your hair has never grown in coarse like whiskers then you are very lucky! facial hair runs in my family it's a pita and getting worse as I get older. In my 20's all there was were a few to pluck then more and more and then to shave because no way can a person pluck that much LOL..my skin is olive and any cuts, scrapes, even friction leaves dark scars or dark patches so plucking leaves marks, shaving removes the layer of skin and is abnormally white and eventually stretches the pores. I guess what I'm getting at is removing it has taken a toll on my skin.

My aunt had electrolysis...years of it and a huge fee to control hers. I know I couldn't do that I'm not free to drive that far 3 times a week and I'm not a candidate for the laser removal.

A relative is getting some facial hair and has started bleaching it, that looks worse than just leaving it alone.

I bought one and was not pleased with the results. It did not remove hair like the commercial claims and what did fall out grew back with a vengeance. Waxing still works best in my opinion. Save ur money.

My mother is an Esthetician and says its amazing what people try before coming to the realization that waxing works best. Especially since laser hair removal wont work on light colored hair. I like the strips that come with wax already on them. They're virtually mess free and dont irritate your skin b/c they're not scalding hot.

amysue that's about what all the reviews I read said about it. .. oh well that's out then, thanks guys!

As far as waxing that is the same as depilatories, the hair has to get long enough to use it. There is something about having a mustache and chin hair for a couple weeks bi-monthly that makes that not doable LOL!

I guess I'll continue with my trusty Venus although I may try using Vaniqa with it.

I have heard good things about the vaniqa cream. It takes a bit of time to take full effect but many of my moms clients swear by it.

Your topic reminds me of a funny story. My mother used to work at a salon where waxing was their specialty and she had a regular customer who had a lot of facial hair on her upper lip. She had long "catfish" like whiskers on the ends of her lip and she always asked my mom to just wax the ends. She swore she didnt need the whole lip done "its old lady stuff" shed say.....any way the other girls would call her "Hitler" as thats who she looked like if someone just did her ends. My mother could not let her leave the salon looking like that but did not want to hurt her feelings. So shed quickly slap the wax on and say "whoops it got away from me". And do the whole thing. The woman kept complaining that my mother was sloppy to the owner and always requested someone else. No body else in the salon had the guts to tell it to her straight.

Latest posts

Back