No Chew

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt73

Reaction score
Is the product "No-Chew" safe for minis?

Mine are chewing on the wood fencing when I'm grooming them.

I have never used No Chew but I do know that the ingredients are safe. I have used the following to get horses to stop chewing: BenGay, hot sauce, Irish Spring soap. There were no after effects with any of those. I had one horse that would stand by the gate and lick the hot sauce off and then sneeze, lick some more, sneeze, etc. So I switched to rubbing a bar of Irish Spring on the gate which he didn't like the taste of.

I have wood fences, and easier but messier than a bar of soap is liquid dawn, the original blue kind.

I just let it trickle on. It does make the fences kind of look ugly and "drawn" on because it drips down, but the fences are prettier than if there are big chunks missing from being eaten
default_rolleyes.gif
:

I have used no chew, they start chewing a week or two after use, and it's so expensive to keep re-applying.

Mine also like the hot sauce method for the most part.

As far as the horses go it is safe to put on boards etc. But be very caeful about getting it on you. Years ago I worked at a camp and we had a terrible tail chewer. I didn't know what else to try so I bought some of the chew stop and rubbed it on the manes and tails. I was extremely careful to get it on the hair only and not down deep on the horses skin. Problem was, I didn't protect my own skin and all my fingers, hand and half way up my arm swelled up and rashed :new_shocked: Didn't make the connection when it happened the first time. But when I tried it again several days later...I decided to stay away from the stuff
default_wacko.png
:

Latest posts

Back