News from The Little Horse Barn

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charley

Reaction score
We have been busy on The Little Horse Barn improving our service. Our goal has been to make our auctions and eBarns a user friendly marketing tool for miniature horse and pony enthusiasts like you.

We just finished the 2011 AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes at no cost to the association. This was our third year in having this wonderful auction on our site and it was an exciting auction. Congratulations to all who participated!

While we are seeing so many prices going up in today’s market, The Little Horse Barn has gotten rid of as many fees as we possibly can and gone to as close to no fees as we can get. There are no listing fees for our basic listings – Free Insertion ~ Free Image Preview ~ Free Bold ~ Free Highlight ~ Free Icon ~ Free Image Hosting ~ Free Seller Website Link ~ Free Up-to-Four Generation Pedigree ~ and ~ Free You Tube Sharing ! We have No Final Value Fees on items Sold and have 5 minute Sniper Protection for our bidders! No Fees for Membership and No Fees for eBarns!

Our only listing fees are two OPTIONAL features ~ Main Featured Listings & Category Featured Listings. We do a daily upload to Google Product Search, weekly sale board ads, and eFlyers to members on our mailing list. You can find us on Facebook too.

If you are disbursing or having a production sale or just downsizing we will gladly add your farm as a category to accommodate your needs. All you need to do is email us and suggest a category.

As a result of our changes, we are seeing more items on auction and in the eBarns. And we have seen an increase in bids and sales. During the last month, two of our listed horses sold with NO AUCTION FEES incurred by either the sellers or the buyers! We have two bids on a gorgeous little mare right now…but hurry to watch as this auction closes in a few days.

If you have things you would like to sell on auction, we have a place for you to do so from the comfort of your computer chair. Or if you are finding you need a little extra income, you may want to open an eBarn and start a little business. Or use our services to list your horses and drive some traffic to your website. We’re here for YOU!

Please note that while The Little Horse Barn is independently owned and operated separate from L'il Beginnings, our auction was founded by Mary Lou and we are proud to be affiliated with L'il Beginnings.

Last edited by a moderator:
On behalf of the AMHR Stallion Sweepstakes committee - THANK YOU! THANK YOU!! THANK YOU!!!

Working with you has been wonderful. You made it EASY and painless and the last few minutes of the auction were VERY exciting to watch!! We couldn't have done this without you!

Hi Jean,

You are very welcome. I was very happy to have been a part of it! It was a good auction....so much fun to watch! But still just a small part when you think of the work and joy that is ahead of everyone from this point to the showing of these dreamed of sweepstakes foals in 2012.

Must admit if we do not use it, we will loose it.

thanks for doing such a good job...
default_aktion033.gif

Just registered, how long does it take to get started?

OH no just got a email back and says 3 days, I will miss what I want to bid on..
default_no.gif

Hi Mary,

Your account is active and ready to use. I stepped out of the house and away from the computer for a little while; but I am always checking back for new accounts or questions.

The message says 3 days because I run the auction by myself and do have times when my internet connection goes down and I may not have access to approve accounts or answer questions, or I may be sleeping, driving or on errands...although it usually is not for 3 days. I can't think of a time that I have been unavailable that long, but it could happen.

Lois

Just listed a bunch of books on the auction, and had no idea there were so many "non horse" books out there - I'll have to do some shopping!

Thanks so much for doing this - it's a great way to sell stuff and more folks needs to recognize this is a great venue for promoting and selling some great stuff!

We have a couple new categories that I hope catch on....WANTED for those items you are looking for ...and... BARTER/EXCHANGE for trading what you aren't using for what you want.

Wow, we have our first WANTED listing!

This past weekend The Little Horse Barn sent out it’s second eFlyer (which is sent out to help our members promote their listings). As a result of our eFlyers, we are seeing more items on auction and in the eBarns; and we are also seeing an increase in bids and sales.

If you haven’t seen it yet, click here to view our current eFlyer.

To subscribe to the eFlyer simply join our auction and become a member.

I hope you agree…that it’s fun to bid, buy-it-now, sell and trade on The Little Horse Barn!

Latest posts

Back