Newbie Here gotta ? after trimming is there.....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whitewave

Reaction score
Okay body clipped some of my horses and need to take pictures is there a product out there that will help to bring color back for the pictures? So they dont's look so dull? Any help would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance..

Jenn

It's called time.
default_wink.png
:

Do you have to take the pictures now? Why not wait a few days or weeks?

Sorry I have to chuckle, TIME is the real key but you can get abit of Show Sheen and it will help. Won't bring back that rich color as only time will, but it will help.

This is my first year clipping too - I was told the same thing. The first clipping of the season always leaves the horse a dull/off color of what they usually are. Give your horses a few weeks then clip again, give a few more weeks and clip again. Once you hit the 3rd clip, by then the summer coat has grown in and you will see more of their "normal" color, less dull. Show sheen is always a plus =)

The best you can do is a quick bath and condition, some show sheen and a lot of elbow greese to bringout the natural oils from the coat. The color won't come back, but they shouldn't look as dull either.

I know a lot of people won't agree but it actually has helped color come back faster if after you clip, spray the horse with baby oil and leave it on for a couple of hours. Dog shampoo [the color kind] when you shampoo will also help. I've been able to get color back in a couple of days doing this. Granted its not as bright but its better than that washed out look. Linda B

Latest posts

Back