New to Showing and Need HELP

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lexi

Reaction score
Okay, my boyfriend and I have never shown before and I really need some advice....

We bought a used show halter and it needs a new nose band. It's the kind that just screws off and can be replaced. I don't know where to find any replacement nose bands. Also confused about the "chin chain" and "chin chain keepers" and a leather lead rope that I guess we need to find too.

We are going to show at an AMHA show next month and I guess this is all really last minute. I was hoping someone can give me some advice as to where to find these things, stuff to take to the show, when to clip, etc. I have all this to figure out and a foal that is due any minute now. (I'll post the pictures when it's born if you want to see them)

Thanks So Much!!

Some of my articles on minis

The link above is to my website. Maybe something there can help you.

There are lots of good vendors here on LilBeginnings that carry your show halter, and will sell the parts you need.

Good luck!

Andrea

Hi Lexi! :saludando:

Andrea (Disneyhorse) has some great info on her website, do check that out.
default_yes.gif
:

Also, the links at the top of the page here have tack vendors as she mentioned, check into them and since you are in a hurry, perhaps CALL them for faster service. I've bought from pretty much all of them and they have all be super helpful, I'm sure that they can help you figure out just what you need, and get it to you in time.
default_yes.gif
:

You can also do a search on here for "show supplies", etc, there have been extensive threads on what people bring to shows.

If it's warm enough where you are at, you could body clip your horse now to know what she really looks like under all that hair -- sometimes people clip and whoops! the horse is too thin. You'd still have to blanket at night unless you are in a VERY warm climate, and I wouldn't clip at all if your daytime temps aren't up to at least 60 degrees. (we are a long way from that here I'm afraid!!)

And yes, we would love to see pics of your new foal when it arrives! good luck!

Latest posts

Back