New to mini's

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ali

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

Although I have been reading posts and retrieving info for over a year now I'm finally going to introduce myself.

I am a mother of two wonderful teenage girls, 3 dogs, 2 cats, 1 QH mare, 2 shetlands, 1 drop dead handsome white donkey, 2 mini mares and 1 mini gelding. One of my dogs is considered Chief of Security, one cat is compost co-ordinator and the Donk is Head of the Pruning Dept.

My hobby farm consists of 14 acres approx. 40 mins north of Toronto. My barn is beautiful, my house simple, my life a little complicated at the moment! I operate a small family-owned nursery specializing in rare, and tried and true perennials.

My QH mare has been with me for 20 yrs and the most recent additions have been the miniatures which started last year with the mares. I have always dreamed of driving but after making several attempts to re-train my QH to direct bit instead of neck reining, I thought it best for her and me to just leave well enough alone. I discovered the wonderful world of minis at a driving show. Prior to last year I had not purchased an equine for over 13 years so another addition to my existing herd was nerve wrecking.

I'm hooked and couldn't be happier with my driving mare.
aktion033.gif
We drive pleasure and obstacle and do hunter/jumper. Given how I feel about her now I'd have to say I was ripped off...she is worth 100 times more than I paid for her!
wub.gif
I would like to eventually show but I haven't been on the show circuit since before kids and currently don't own a trailer. Perhaps next year. I have learned everything I know -which isn't much- from attending the Nationals in 2004, attending shows and asking alot of questions. My mini Angel is Laura from Shaunessy's who encouraged me to continue with the path I was on.

I am not a breeder and never have bred any horses although I'm sorry now that I never bred my QH mare because I adore her. I purchased a shetland pony for my daughter when she was 3 yrs old and that mare happened to be in foal, I had no idea until the vet told me when he came in to check her the next day after we got her home. She basically was a rescue and in terrible shape. She gave birth within 3 weeks to a gorgeous blk/white pinto that was gelded as soon as he dropped his jewels. He's now 13yrs old and thinks he's two!

Can't post pics because I'm computer illiterate! Wish I could though. Something I definatelywill work on.

You must be a writer in your spare time! Your post was most entertaining. My husband would consider one of my minis Chief Gardener in the Pruning Dept. also!

Hope your get computer literate soon, so you can send pictures of your animal friends!

Marsha

Welcome to the forum. As you already know from reading over the past year or so, this forum is an excellent mini resource.

Hi

Welcome to the forum. I to LOVE driving and its what really turned me on to the minis. Once I seen a beautiful mini pulling the young lady in the cart, I was hooked. We now have 8 minis down from 17,(we are moving to NC and had to downsize a little). And I have two I will soon have in the harness for next year.

I learned to download and post pix using photo bucket. It takes a little practice and some trial and error but keep working at it and you will catch on.

Angie

Angelridge Minis

Latest posts

Back