New Short Story a little bit Xmas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shortpig

Reaction score
So it's about a week before christmas, All the minis are standing around like usual by the fence talking about life and their dreams. Koda being the youngest of the group decides to ask his Mom (Jasmine) and

Dad (Jimmy) who their favorite is, him or Duckie? Well Jimmy knows to proceed with this answer very

cautiously after all Christmas is coming real soon and who knows what his kids have planned for his

present.

Well he says, At my age I try not to choose favorites. After all Koda, you are the youngest. We have shared this barn now for 2yrs and had our ups and downs. Sometimes you listen to your ole pops and

sometimes I just want to tap you on the butt with a hoof and smack you on the back of your head with the other one. Then sometimes, you are the most loving and sweetest lil colt a Dad could ever ask for. As for

your sister Duckie, Oh My! she can be testy at times. Oh with her better than thou attitude and her high

strutting ways. But then even she has a sweetness to her like none other. She gives me that toothy grin

of hers and my heart just melts. She's alot like yer mom ya know. But then you never got to meet all

your brothers and sisters. They all went to new homes before you were born. Oh Patches she was a sweet

lil filly. Didn't too much upset her. She'd go out and play in the pasture with her mom and Auntie Ariel

and come back with some funny stories. Made me giggle alot. Oh! and then there was Rodney he was

a nice lil colt. You and him would have gotten along great. Then you also have a couple 1/2 brothers you haven't met. Flash now he is a nice young colt. Didn't have the up bringing you did but his new home has made him feel very special and he is a happy youngun. He tends to get a little puffed up at times from

what I hear but his human momma sets him straight and they have a great loving relationship. I hear

about him from time to time. Miss the lil chap tho. And last but not least is Chippie. Stout young chap.

So full of himself and proud. He has a lil attitude alot like his momma Ariel. Last I heard he is going to make

her and I a gramma and grampa come springtime. Well now what will that make you an Uncle.

Well Koda was lovin this. He had heard stories from his Sister Duckie about Chip. Oh how she used to love

to torture him. But some colts learn slower than others and boy Chip was a slow learner. Everytime Duckie

would taunt him he would chase her right back to Jasmine and she would then proceed to give Chip what

for. He has a flatter forehead than most from slapping it. You know. "Duh" why do I do that? He's a proud

stallion now and making it out there with his human momma just great. When ya get a human momma that loves and cares for your needs life is so good! From what I understand he has him a lil lady they call

Sandy and they will be proud parents soon. Koda dreamed of the day he could meet Chip and his mare.

Wow! maybe someday he could meet the lil one after it gets here. With Christmas so close all his family

was deep in his thoughts and he was swelling with pride just thinking about it.

Jasmine begins by telling Koda that she loves all her foals equally. They are all just different enough to

keep life interesting. Oh she says! Duckie has certainly kept my life entertained. She is spunky and loves to tell funny stories and then just giggles and giggles. She gets far too much enjoyment out of picking on

her Aunt Ariel. Then the fun begins and Ariel has to chase her around some and set her straight. Just till

the next time though. And yes Duckie certainly made life tough for Chip for awhile. But then that Boy just didn't seem to learn. Big boys aren't supposed to be chasing the lil fillys around like that. Even if they do start dancing and teasing them. I just gave him what for! Rodney was the nicest lil colt you ever wanted to

meet. Oh he had our human wrapped round his hooves. He knew how to play that "I love ya" card and

get what ever he wanted. I agree with your dad you and him would have had a great time together.

Patches was very sweet but she had her moments. She was a lil cutie and was very dependent on me

and Ariel. It was a sad day for all when she moved out to her new home. You are a special boy too Koda.

Us mares enjoy watching you strut around and act like you are such a tough stallion. Prancing up to your

Dad like you are going to show him. He loves you a lot but he knows when to set you straight and you best listen to him. He is a very wise stallion and you can learn alot from him. My foals have brought nothing but

joy to my life. This Christmas it will be wonderful that we can spend it together and presents don't matter

near as much as that. You know the one you never got to meet was Otis. His relative was there for the birth of Baby Jesus. He carried Mary to that stable. Oh the stories we used to hear from him about how his ancestor was so important to the lord.

Well with Christmas so close Koda wouldn't sleep much as he had so much to think about. All these family

members he hadn't met. He would just lay there and picture what life on Christmas would be like if they could all be together. Oh how they could taunt Dad! Then he would snicker and snort. All those visions

running thru his head he just had to go for a good run and kick up his heels. Too much for a young colt

to just stand there and be calm. Oh how he loved his Mom and Dad. They watched over him at all times.

He knew someday he would probably have to move out too but didn't want to think about that right now.

After all Santa would be here soon and he didn't want to worry about things that would be sad and

spoil that moment. So he looked up at the sky and thanked his lord for giving him what he had already

and imagined the sleigh going over head bringing him everything he wanted.

What a wonderful life for a growing colt. He and his family has asked that I tell all of you and your colts

and fillys a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS AND THE HAPPIEST OF NEW YEARS!

Last edited by a moderator:
And from our big family of Daddy's and Mummy's, Aunt's, Uncle's, brothers' and sister's, neice's and nephew's we also -

WISH YOU A VERY MERRY, JOLLY AND FUN CHRISTMAS and A PEACEFUL, HEALTHY AND SUCCESSFUL

NEW YEAR

default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif
default_yes.gif

Anna

I do love hearing stories about my kids, especially my sweet and strong boy Chip! I am a very very proud human mother. He has come so far in the six short years that I've have the pleasure of owning him. I still remember the day (July 4, 2002) that I first saw him frolicking in the pasture with his Aunt Jasmine, Dam Ariel, and good old lil sister Duckie. It is true, Chip was a slow learner when it came to the ways of bratty lil sisters and their antics.

He can't wait to be a daddy this spring. He loves his girl, Sandi. Plans to marry her someday. Sends his love and holiday wishes to his fellow herdmates and siblings; Daddy Jimmy, Mommy Ariel, Auntie Jasmine, Sister Duckie, and Lil Brother Koda.

PS He wants Koda to visit for a couple weeks. Hes got a few things to teach him about the ways of life and how to spot the nasty mares from the nice ones. I mean come on now, he did pick quite a few hotties!
default_biggrin.png

Erin

Back