New scam on ebay

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoey829

Reaction score
We found a tractor on criagslist. They said they would put it on Ebay as a buy it. The item looked real. I copied and pasted the item nuber into a separte Ebay window. THe item was not found. I reported to Ebay and it was a scam. They said someone got taken for 20,000. So please watch yourself and anything that looks to good to be true!

Our local news (St. Louis, MO) did a story about a lady who fell for the scam and lost $4,000.00. It was for a car and she thought it was real because the craig's list poster used eBay Motors and the buyer had used it to sell a car before. Be careful!!!

Sure seems like you cant trust anyone anymore. Thats so sad! I just inquired about 15 books on ebay, all were flower and perennial type softcover, and between the pages of 92 and 144, so very thin and small books.. except 2 which has 240 and 280 pages. I was going to use the buy it now option..all were at $1.00. Cheap enough and I figured a good way for me to learn about my new outdoor gardening addiction..I asked them about combined shipping (all from the same buyer) told me no...my books would of cost me $15.00, and shipping could of easily been put in a flat rate box for $12.00 there price for shipping to me was $80.00!!!!! Talk about inflated shipping. I passed on buying the books. Ebay sure isnt like it use to be.

Yep, someone just tried that with us on a travel trailer.

watch anything on craigs list. Calif, lister was listing a rental on a house. Got deposits for said house which they didnt own and had no business being in. Dont know how many people actually left deposits but I know one lady did and lost 500 dollars.

Latest posts

Back