New Record for the Miniature Horse Club of Ontario!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dream

Reaction score
I just wanted to share my excitement for the popularity of the breed in Ontario, Canada. This Saturday is our second club point show of 2006 (not sanctioned...a schooling show). The first show was at the Aurora Fair 2 weeks ago and we had a record 49 horses!

Record? What record? There are 67 horses pre-registered for this Saturday!

When I first started as President 4 years ago 20-30 horses was the average turnout (always the same people). Now we have so many new people competing and the QUALITY of horses has improved beyond belief. A gelding at the show was a rare thing 4 years ago but there were 14 showing at Aurora and there are 15 entered this weekend. We aslo have a lot more B's and a lot more driving horses. I am so proud of the success of this Club and the direction the breed is taking and thank everyone who has had a part in it.

Many forum members will be showing at Old Bell Farm so best of luck to them all.

Way to go Ontario!

Everyone please check out our new ad on page 15 in the latest issue of The Journal and note our AMHR Sanctioned show date of July 22. I invite all Americans within driving distance to make the trip...there is some good competition to be had north of the border.

Last edited by a moderator:
Way to go! Ill be among those showing !
default_yes.gif
:

Michelle is so right in her statements about how things have changed in the last four years. The only thing that has grown quicker than our club, is the quality of horses here in Ontario. Some of us have been showing recently in OH, NY and MI and have done extremely well among some of the toughest competition in the U.S., IMO.

We warmly invite and urge our American neighbours to join us on July 22 for some good-spirited competition at our AMHR show. We'll have two judges and you'll be able to earn HOF and All Star points same as you do at home. Please contact me or any of our club members for further details about the show or the easy requirements for crossing the border. It's not nearly as hard as you might think.

Best wishes to everyone showing on Saturday in the MHCO show!! Way to go, Ontario!

That is exciting, Michelle. :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

Lori and I will be there and are looking forward to a really fun day.

The weatherman is promising that it will be warm, not hot, and sunny.

Macy and I will be making our debut in Obstacle.
default_wacko.png
:

I was hoping for a smaller audience, but she tells me that we'll be just

fine :bgrin (I always have visions of winning the Doofus of the Month Award

in front of a very, very large audience)

:lol: :lol: Hey Dale-- if Michigan is any example you will do just fine-- just don't do "that" doofus thing again LOL.

My big doofus thing was swayingin in time to the music in a halter class at Nationals-- oh well, It was the most fun I ever had at a National class -- but it doesn't bring you a ribbon LOL--However, it was caught on tape !!

Thankyou

and thanks for the reminder. :bgrin

I going to pack my "Thinking Cap" right now and hopefully

I won't forget to put it on before going into the ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
YAY! :aktion033: ..Can't wait to see all of those at the show! I just got in from clipping...and getting all ready...looking forward to it! See you there!

-Kris

Dale if you saw Erick doing obstacles you wouldn't be so worried. Just go in right after me! Truth be told I think the judge is the only one who needs to bring his thinking cap. Based on the horses that are coming you couldn't pay me enough to be in his place!

:saludando: The Littlefoot's will be there too!! :saludando:

We
default_wub.png
: LOVE
default_wub.png
: the MHCO show series...it's the best!

& we are very proud to be part of such a great club!!!!

:new_multi: WHOO HOO FOR ONTARIO MINIATURE HORSE SHOWS :new_multi:

Latest posts

Back