new photos of Bob n Tilly

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby dazzler

Reaction score
Hi. Just got some new photos of Bob and Tilly - and yes, they are obviously still separate so pls dont can me!!! Could could anybody tell me whether there is any difference between pintos AND skewbalds/piebalds - i;.e, Bob is a Skewbald, Tilly isa piebald - but wasnt sure if this is just an Australian/English term? Regards, Kerrie

This is Tilly b4 I got her - she was 4 mths then.

FillyBrand1.jpg

This is my baby Bob - he has personality plus - as you can probably guess - we all LURVE him to death.

MVC-028S.jpg

and finally the two guys together - and yes, note the lead ropes and NO, Bobbie cannot reach Tilly.

MVC-027S.jpg
and the last one... I promise - and yes, it is again of Sir Bob... the super gelding!!

MVC-032S.jpg

Tilly is really dark brown although on her front legs, they are basically black, which I have been told will develop further as she gets older - she is only 5 mths now. Whilst trying to take the photos, Bob kept getting his big fat head in - HE IS DEF. NOT SHY and Tilly was being very shy. Thanks for looking.

Regards, Kerrie

Piebald means Black and White, Skewbald means ANY other colour and white.

I dislike these terms, even though they are correct in Europe, as they are ugly words and do not in any way describe the pattern.

For example, Bobaroony is a Skewbald- now, what does that tell you??

He is Sorrel and white- but he could also be, according to Skewbald definition, Bay and white, Dun and White etc, he is also Tobiano pattern +, probably, Splash- although it could be Sabino.

This description-

Sorrel and White, Tobiano + Splash, Pinto.

is SO much more descriptive of his pattern and gives anyone not seeing a picture an immediate idea of roughly what he looks like.

To say he is a Skewbald Gelding gives very little idea at all.

So, although Piebald and Skewbald are dying out slowly, they are still correct, as is "Broken Coloured" which seems nowadays to be more common, and is what I use.

If you wanted to simplify it completely you could just say something like

Sorrel and white gelding with a neat star.

He is a very pretty boy, by the way
default_yes.gif
:

Thanks Jane for the info. It gets so ruddy confusing!! Yes, I agree Bob is a very cute fellow - but NOT stallion quality - he has the best personality too which I absolutely lurve. I am just hoping that Tilly becomes as friendly as him - she is very timid at the moment. Although this am, when Bob heard my voice, he whinied - as per usual - and Tilly did the same from her paddock so that is something I suppose! Regards, Kerrie

Latest posts

Back