Introducing Tilly...

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobby dazzler

Reaction score
:aktion033:

FINALLY .... after living in a household solely full of boys/men/lads, I will finally have some female company - i.e., I am married, have 4 sons, a male dog and Bobbie, the wonder colt - soon to be gelding wef this Wednesday if all goes to plan.

Pls see below some photos of Tilly, who will be arriving in a weeks time. She is 4 mths old and her and Bobbie share the same dam. My only question is does her rump (I am sure horsie type people call this something else - but hey, I am still a beginner) look right - it appears to go up - i.e, looks rather high. I did check some other internet sites for horses for sale and saw similiar looking ones - would it be also because she is so young?

b903f1f7.jpg

80ea85b6.jpg

Oh and just had to put in an old one of Bob

MVC-010S.jpg

Oh and in relation to the branding, can you tell whether her branding is freeze dried or the other one? Apparently, they are still full on into branding here to enable me to show her if I ever do, when she is older. Regards, Kerrie

I think Tilly looks gorgeous! I love her color, and I think her rump looks fine. Just guessing but I bet that brand is a freeze brand from the way it looks. Just my opinion.

Stacye

Wow! Tilly has a big winter coat, doesn't she? She is beautiful though - love those markings!! You'll have fun clipping her, huh?? And Bob is pretty handsome himself
default_yes.gif
:

Wow, what an ugly little mare, feel free to send her to my place to hide out anytime
default_wub.png
:
default_wink.png
:

Bob is awesome too, but I am in love with your filly.

Hi. Yes, both Bobbie and Tilly have thick winter coats at the moment - and it isnt even winter here yet - ahhhh. I cannot wait to get her - I am very very excited although b4 I get to meet Tilly (so far relying on my dad and good friends to judge that she is so bewtiful), Bobbie has to get gelded. Does anybody have any experience in this - I have been told he will be totally knocked out for the process. How sore will he be? I am hoping that he will be starting to feel a tad better by Monday next week - which is when Tilly is due to arrive. And finally, I must mention that I think it was in my very first post that I was told I would end up with two of these bewtiful creatures - well, 4 mths later, you betcha... I am absolutely hooked.

Regards, kerrie

what cute looking minis they both are! As far as the rump being higher that is not unusual for a young one. She will probably catch up with the rest of her body. More than likely by the time she is two years old you will wonder , what was I worry about?"

Gelding here doesn't take long, they are put under for a short amount of time. Exercise daily or turn out with another mini helps to reduce the swelling also. Not a vet but just trying to share my experiences. Lavonne

Back