Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
joanie1(1).jpg
Here's my first girl!

Ok, here's the thing; I've never belonged to a forum before, so I have no clue how all this works. Just thought I'd introduce myself by letting you know that my husband and I have a small (8ish acres) farm in upstate New York. We just purchased our first miniature donkeys this year and we are up to 4 loveable jennys. We also have 7 Icelandic sheep, 1 holstein steer, a dog, three cats and, oh yeah, a son (13) and a daughter (15). So, anyway, I hope to learn plenty here and wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

tessandsophie.jpg
This is the breeder's pic from where they came from and I haven't had a chance to update it yet, but this is Tess & Sophie.

[SIZE=12pt]hi and welcome
default_saludando.gif
, i am in N.Y. too. very cute donkies, if you need anything just pm or email, i think you'll like it here
default_biggrin.png
, Nikki[/SIZE]

default_saludando.gif
Hi ! I am Teri from Washington State

Your Girl is Beautiful
default_wub.png

joanie1(1).jpg

What is her name?

welcome to the forum ...yes, you will learn a lot here
default_yes.gif

LOL...I think you are the first Member that can post pictures right off
default_biggrin.png

Hay! we might learn a thing or two from you too !!!
default_wink.png

I would love to see your goats too
default_wink.png

Hi
default_saludando.gif
WELCOME to the forum from our neck of the woods in northeast Wisconsin. Glad you joined us, we 're really a friendly bunch. Anything we can help you with just ask away, we have alot of seasoned breeders on here, and always try to help one another out. Our Nikki and Tunia are from New York ..I'm sure she will be on here shortly and you will meet her, along with everyone else. You just missed our Hee Haw Exchange christmas party
default_yes.gif
but all the pictures are posted so you have something to look at. And, speaking of pictures this forum goes crazy over pictures, so post away
default_biggrin.png
Looks like your off to a good start with jennys, do you have a jack? We would love to see pic of your sheep. Corinne (Ce)

Last edited by a moderator:
default_sad.png

I have tried to upload pictures of my Miniature Jenny Donkey but I think I'm doing it wrong,..... HELP PLEASE ????? Thank You,.... Joy @ Majik Journey Ranch

howdy Little Acres
default_saludando.gif
and welcome to the donkey forum from Arizona! great job figuring out the picture posting so quickly
default_aktion033.gif
now all you need is to do a signature so we know your "real" name...
default_wink.png

your "first girl" looks a lot like Nikki's Petunia and my Betty Jean, Betty Lou and Susie Q ( a mom and 2 daughters who are full sisters). what is her name? and Tess and Sophie are a cute pair. but you said you had four, who and where is the fourth one????

as you can see we all love to see donkeys and know their names... so get busy, you have more introducing to do!!! you can also see we are a friendly bunch and not shy at all lol...

one hint to get to know us, when i first joined last year i went back through all the old posts, lots of great pictures and information and i got to know everybody real quick. of course i also drove all the long-time members crazy because i kept posting on those old posts and bringing them back to the top
default_wacko.png
but i sure had fun!!!

anyway in case you don't have time to do that for a while, i will tell you that I LOVE DONKEYS!!!!! i have 11 donkeys, a small standard spotted jack called Trooper about 8 years old, 2 mini jacks who are a brown Marshall Dillon 5 (my avatar) and a spot Marshall Wiley Green Haines aka Wiley 4, 5 grey jennets Betty Jean 11, Betty Lou 4, Susie Q 3, Mary Ellen 2 and Ellie Mae 8 months, 2 spotted jennets Taffy Jo 11 and Becky Lynn 3, and a chocolate jennet Peggy Sue 3. all of my girls are (kinda) related - or at least connected
default_rolleyes.gif
- because Betty Jean is mom to all the other grey jennets except Ellie Mae... and Ellie Mae, Peggy Sue, Mary Ellen and Becky Lynn share the same sire, and Taffy Jo is Peggy Sue and Ellie Mae's mother. oh yeah and Betty Lou just had my Dillon's first foal, a jack Moses, but i don't include him in my count because he already sold, just awaiting weaning to go to his new home. we also have 5 riding horses, a pony, 2 mini mules and 5 miniature horses, and 10 dogs. not to mention the two standard donkeys currently in the rescue...

so now that i have you thoroughly confused, i will
default_shutup.gif

but seriously, WELCOME!!!!!

default_sad.png

I have tried to upload pictures of my Miniature Jenny Donkey but I think I'm doing it wrong,..... HELP PLEASE ????? Thank You,.... Joy @ Majik Journey Ranch

First your pics have to be on a website. Then you just go to the website your pics are posted on and choose the pic you want to post. Right click on the pic and choose properties. It will bring up the URL, then just choose copy. Go back into your post and choose the little tree pic underneath "size" above. Paste the URL and you should be all set.

Now, I have a question: how do you get the pic under your username?

Hi, Welcome from Missouri. You have beautiful donkeys. You will find that this is a wonderful place to be. You will learn alot here and everyon is so nice.

Again, Welcome.
default_aktion033.gif

default_biggrin.png
The pictures do not have to be on a website.
default_wink.png
You can download your pics, onto a photo storage like photobucket.(www.photobucket.com) Which is what I use, then just paste them on to here, thru photobucket. If you have problem let us know. When you do the paste onto here from photobucket you will have to remember to use your second line and apply it to ..hit the little gree tree, and you will see.
default_yes.gif
then remember to erase the first http:/ (I think thats it, IF it comes up double) :DOH! UNder your username you have to go into your controls and look for avatar, and paste your url into there. Ce

Welcome from another Missourian
default_aktion033.gif
So glad to have you here. Your first girl is SO pretty, and the other two cute as well. I too would love to see pictures of your sheep... I don't think I've ever seen Icelandic sheep before? Sounds like you have a perfect small farm
default_yes.gif

I was going to write more & intro myself. Will try to do that later. Just came back after an hour phone call interruption...
default_wacko.png

Welcome! I'm Jessi in Az. Your donkeys are adorable
default_smile.png
I have a grey jenny named Karma and a chocolate gelding named Earl. I also have horses (full size, ponies, and miniatures), dogs, cats, lizards, rabbits, goats, and a fish ;)

Jessi

Latest posts

Back