New Max White Sabino Mare

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dona

Reaction score
I recently had to sell one of my favorite mares, as she was throwing bad bites.
default_sad.png

But I found a wonderful home for her...am happy about that.
default_yes.gif
:

I have found the perfect mare to replace her with. She is a 31" Max White Sabino, (dark eyes) and the absolute SWEETEST mare I've ever met!
default_wub.png
: (she was born this color....has pink skin all over body, and sabino "mottling" on genitals)

e9c479d4.jpg

e9c47d90.jpg

She has had nothing but fillies (5 so far) and expecting her 6th foal in July. She has produced lots of "color"....even when bred to solid stallions. Her 2006 filly by a 33.75" Chestnut Buckeroo son is a light Chestnut with big blaze & white socks...and she is still only 25-26" as a yearling. And, Magic is bred to the same stallion for this year.

I am going to have Magic tested to see exactly what color genes are hiding under all that white. Since she has only been bred to chestnut/sorrel stallions....it's hard to tell from her foals alone.

Magic's sire is Komokos Little Skipper who is listed as "Dapple Palomino". But this cannot be correct, as both of his parents are Chestnuts.

Magic's dam is Libertys Magic Spell, who is listed as "Gray Dapple". I am assuming this is actually "Silver Dapple" as I've traced back this line & doesn't appear to go back to "true gray". More likely "Silver Dapples" listed as grays. If anyone has photos of either of these horses....would greatly appreciate seeing them!
default_yes.gif
:

So.....Magic is probably carrying red & silver....but will test for just about every color, dilution & pinto patterns just so I know for sure.
default_wink.png
:

UPDATE! Just found out from someone who knows, and has seen both her sire & dam in person....that they are BOTH Silver Dapple Minimal Overos! :D Just goes to show...you can't trust colors on registration papers! :roll:

Her first two fillys were by a Chestnut Pinto stallion. One is listed as a "gray" pinto......I'm assuming she is a Silver Dapple. The other filly is listed as a Chestnut pinto.

The 3rd & 4th filies are by a solid Sorrel stallion. One is listed as a Sorrel...and the other is listed as "Palomino". But the seller told me that she was not actually Palomino...she was a light Chestnut.

Last years filly is by a Chestnut Buckeroo son, and she is a very light Chestnut with blaze & white socks. So I can probably expect a repeat of this little girl in July.

e9c47d62.jpg

Here is Magic with the rest of my Mares.

e9c47949.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She is very, very pretty!! congratulations. I hope you have a beautiful filly from her come July!!

Oh Dona! Truth be told she's a magical unicorn disguised as a mini horse so she can live freely and in the open at your place! Gorgeous girl, I so love the white ones! Cute filly from last year too!

What a fantastic picture that first one is and what a gorgeous mare.

Dona,

She looks like a beautiful addition to your mare herd. She is just gorgeous and looks like a Kickapoo girl to me, too
default_yes.gif
:

I've loved watching your horses ever since I got into minis. Your foals are always so nice with color as just the added attraction
default_smile.png

Congratulations on your new girl and can't wait to see what she gives you in July :bgrin

Jill

"Congratulations!" Dona on a beautiful little mare. Looks like she fits in well with your lovely little herd.

Her last years baby is darling - will be fun to see what you get from her this year.

She fits her name and even looks like a "magical" little mare!

Hope you don't mind, Dona- I saw that first pic and HAD to do this:

maxsabinomare.jpg

She's gorgeous- and that first pic just SCREAMED unicorn to me
default_smile.png
It's a less the five minute edit. I could do better, and maybe remove the fence in the back if I tried and took more time...

Wow, I love that 1st photo of her drinking from the stream. She looks like she belongs in a childs fairytale book! :aktion033:

Hope you don't mind, Dona- I saw that first pic and HAD to do this:

maxsabinomare.jpg

She's gorgeous- and that first pic just SCREAMED unicorn to me
default_smile.png
It's a less the five minute edit. I could do better, and maybe remove the fence in the back if I tried and took more time...

How COOL! She does remind me of a little unicorn...
default_yes.gif
:

Thank you! :aktion033:

CONGRATS Dona! She is sooo pretty and a perfect addition to your herd!!! :aktion033:
default_wub.png
:

Oh DONA my DEAR!!!!

You do realise you have jinxed the whole thing now and she is about to give birth to a solid black COLT!!!!

She is lovely, whatever the colour and sex of her foal, well done.!!

Congratulations, Dona! :aktion033: I was chomping at the bit when I saw that mare up for sale but no money and no room here.
default_sad.png
Glad you got her. She is lovely and so are you pictures. Just picture perfect!
default_smile.png

Back