New mare! Blue eyed haffie....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

New_Image

She is such a gorgeous girl, and so so sweet
default_wub.png

I am still thinking on a name but were pretty sure she'll be "Sapphire" (No wonder as to WHY)
default_rolleyes.gif
I'm original! Any other ideas?

She is around 15 years old and has had 12+ foals, No more being a baby factory here... She is working hard to put her weight on, get in shape, get her hooves in shape and going to live the good life as a trail horse and hopefully a lesson horse with her sweet nature after she is trained to ride.

1stdaySapphire.jpg

SkinneyOct17.jpg

October171stday.jpg

1srdayface.jpg

Eye.jpg

We love her already she is sweet as can be, she'll make a great first horse for my fiance's younger sister when all is said and done
default_wub.png

I'll also introduce Snickers, who has been here just over a week. He is a very quiet OTTB who I am working to get weight on, then he will be introduced to the trail horse life and will be my fiance's fathers horse
default_yes.gif
The two are already inseparable! Snickers is such a nice boy and a complete goof ball but so patient and willing. He will love his new job.

Snickersfirstnight2.jpg

SnickersImage.jpg

ImageSnickers.jpg

Man, you sure find the needy ones Nicole!
default_new_shocked.gif
Those two are lovely and lucky that they've found a home with you. Can't wait to see the "after" pictures.
default_yes.gif

I doubt Sapphire is even part Halflinger though, she just doesn't have the build for it and I've never heard of a Haffie with blue eyes. Pretty girl however!
default_wub.png

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks... I do tend to find them!

I am sure she isn't full Halflinger (Obviously with the eyes) but what else would she be? Shes 14hh and the weight tape says 845 pounds in current condition. I am stumped by how long she is, not that I've ever owned a Halflinger but I don't remember them being as long as a bus!

Last edited:
Wow! What are you all doin' with all these horses?!

I do think she looks like she's part haflinger.

Maybe some arabian? Can arabs have blue eyes though? She is cute! Can't wait to see pictures of her sleek and healthy. Thanks for taking them in and helping them out.
default_wub.png

I'm guessing she's just a breeding stock paint (not enough markings to call themselves paints but still color producers). We had a breeding stock paint with a partial blue eye. Great job you're doing there!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Good grief Nic, I'm scared to ask how many horses you have now so I won't but cheers to you for being their good friend. I don't know what she is but you might want to see if she has some foundering going on in the front right. Bad view in the pic but just a thought. Good luck to you and the whole crew there. HUgs to Molly of course.

You are still in college aren't you?????????

She is going to be stunning and Snickers has the most amazing neck!!! Glad they are both with you now and look forward to seeing their progress in getting weight on.
default_wub.png

Her build reminds me of my mare who they say is a Haffy/Paint cross.

Man, you sure find the needy ones Nicole!
default_new_shocked.gif
Those two are lovely and lucky that they've found a home with you. Can't wait to see the "after" pictures.
default_yes.gif

I doubt Sapphire is even part Halflinger though, she just doesn't have the build for it and I've never heard of a Haffie with blue eyes. Pretty girl however!
default_wub.png

Leia
Nicole,

I owned a haffie cross. Yours looks to be a pony of some type, but not haffie. She has some paint in her. Here's mine. Maybe a palomino paint cross with somw type of pony.

IMG_1172.jpg

IMG_1265.jpg

IMG_1239.jpg

These pictures are very deceiving but she is a very big built mare. Her legs are wide, literally half again the size of Molly or Image's despite her being 5-8" shorter then either of them. Her head is also huge, but once her weight is back it will be proportionate to her body I am sure, and pretty, in all aspects she looks like a little Belgium horse.

They said she was a Haflinger cross, she had two or three other mares there and I thought she was related to one?

Also that stripe on her face give the illusion in pictures that her head is very dishy, Its not really.

Marty - The lady I got her from took her off the breeding factory farm and kept her while she foaled hopefully her last foal. She said when the farrier was out he said her feet hadn't been done in years. I am having a farrier out asap to look and trim her, I am not sure why after a year with this other lady her feet aren't better than they are but we'll find out next week I guess. And don't worry... we don't have tooooo many, I guess I just got bit by the "Save the horses bug" after what happened with Molly and Image at those #@&%*$#@* boarding stables. (Molly is proud to announce I've went over board and she is 1,145 pounds... OPPS)

Either way and whatever this little mare is, she is sweet & beautiful with gorgeous blue eyes and a full mane & tail, I can not wait for her to get back into shape all around and teach her how to be a trail horse... pony
default_smile.png

I have in my field,a little mare that looks very similar to your little blue eyed beauty.She's a purebred Haflinger.2 weeks ago,she looked very similar in body weight because,she is 15 years old, has been a babymaker many years and currently being weaned off her (hopefully) last foal.After 2 weeks of no baby...Wow! Is she filling out,just gorgeous
default_laugh.png

My vote...Definitely Haffie in her
default_rolleyes.gif

Latest posts

Back