New Horse Intro!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowgurl_up

Reaction score
Ventura's Elite Loud N Rowdy One, or Rowdy for short, has actually been here since November but my camera was dead and I couldn't find the battery charger! He is a two year old soon to be gelding. I will be showing him in halter in AMHR and then next year driving, jumping, and whatever else I can get him into. He is co-owned with Cary of Ventura Miniatures in North Dakota! I just love this horse and am so glad to have the oppertunity to work with this boy!!!!!
default_wub.png
I can't wait to be able to clip him up in a couple of months and see whats under all that fuzz!!!!

I also have questions about show halters for him. What color do you suggest? I was thinking maybe just a plain silver or gold noseband. Please share pictures of your bay horses wearing their show halters so I can get some ideas!
default_wink.png

Rowdy7.jpg

Rowdy3.jpg

Rowdy1.jpg

What a good looking guy--his charisma shines right through all that hair! It looks like he's got a nice, short head so I'd go with a plain black halter with a burgundy or gold noseband.

I'm not experienced with the show halter thing yet, just working on that now for my colt. But I have to say, I LOVE your boy!! He is handsome! I'm a sucker for white socks!!!

Green or Blue would look great on him also. He's pretty!

Congrats...he is adorable!
default_wub.png
I would go with blue and silver beading with black leather band.
default_wink.png

Congrat's on your boy, I love his white sox's. I have a foal similar in color and I'm doing him in gold with black pin stripe, so your boy might look good like Rockrivertiff said, or Black either one I think would look good cause he's got chrome so you don't want to overwhelm him. Plus, he's like my boy got a little head on him and you don't want to weight the head down. Let him shine naturally. Good luck to you and have fun. TJ

Sorry, I had to come back and see him
default_new_shocked.gif
that last one makes him look like a little dressage horse
default_laugh.png
default_wub.png
default_smile.png
love his color

Congratulations!! He is a very pretty boy with nice chrome. I can see that cart behind him already
default_yes.gif
I'm thinking a plain black noseband, very simple and elegant.

[SIZE=12pt]What a nice boy! I am a fool for four white legs
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
You will have to post again when he's clipped but clipped or not you can sure see he has awesome action
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]

Congrats
default_aktion033.gif

Hopefully I'll get to meet you sometime in the future
default_biggrin.png
when I start showing Gracie
default_yes.gif

For halters look at Ozark tack for the Russian or the Madeline both look nice on a Bay
default_yes.gif

Joy

Thanks everyone for the nice compliments and halter suggestions! I was suprised at how many said blue. Blue is the color I use now on my stallion. I might just have to try it on him and see what it looks like. But I'm also thinking I'll get a plain black or something with a little gold on it. It never hurts to have more show halters!
default_wink.png
Watch for clipped pictures of him in a couple months! I can't wait to see what's under all that hair!

[SIZE=12pt]What a nice boy! I am a fool for four white legs
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
You will have to post again when he's clipped but clipped or not you can sure see he has awesome action
default_wub.png
[/SIZE]Congrats
default_aktion033.gif

Hopefully I'll get to meet you sometime in the future
default_biggrin.png
when I start showing Gracie
default_yes.gif

For halters look at Ozark tack for the Russian or the Madeline both look nice on a Bay
default_yes.gif

Joy
Thanks Joy! I hope I get to meet you and see Gracie show this summer! I can't wait to see how you do with her. Thanks for the halter suggestions. I will check them out.

Back