New here

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. My name is Jenny. I have a colt named Rain. Im from Mass w/ all the snow ewww. Im a youth member but thats okay.
default_biggrin.png

Welcome Ashley - we are practically neighbors. We are just north of Austin, between Hutto and Georgetown. Please come pay us a visit.
default_smile.png
We have about 30 miniatures here, a couple of paint mares and an aged QH mare. (and babies due soon!)

Jan

Added to say, there are several of us out here doing some driving, you are welcome to come join us.

Last edited by a moderator:
WELCOME!
default_saludando.gif

This is a nice big mini family and it's nice to have you both join us!

Welcome from Northern Michigan! we have two minis. A mare and a gelding which we trail drive and also a toy poodle..He's quite the character! Also an old yellow Lab who we dearly love.

Maxine

Hey Ashley,

I just wanted you to know I did not mean to step on your thread.. I really just wanted to say hello.

Yes the caspians are my passion although I just love all things equine. I am going to geld and start driving my 3 yr old this spring. I have been hand driving him and he is so good it should go fairly quickly. I really want to send him off and have him trained correctly, just having to but heads with hubby.
default_frusty.gif
I also want to harness break the mini, since he is so large 40" that and cart around my grandkids is about all he can do. Maybe someday we can drive together. I am going to try and post a pict of my two caspians.......Here is Caanan and Jezabel - well that didn't work, try again later..............

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the list . You will find a lot of information here .

I live south of Austin ( east of San Marcos ) and got 2 minis last summer having had big horses for many years . My 10 month old colt is Little America It's Cinco and the 9 yr old gelding is Moravacs Blue Chip . He has been shown and driven. I am learning to drive him and have taken a few driving lessons with Francine Dismukes in Luling with her Andalusians. I will taking Chip to her for lessons soon. Please feel free to email me off the list and I can tell you more about driving lessons.

Elizabeth

Hi there and welcome from Southern Ohio... We all know you will enjoy your venture into the mini equine...Ask anyone here we are all addicted !! LOL
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif

Welcome Ashley - we are practically neighbors. We are just north of Austin, between Hutto and Georgetown. Please come pay us a visit.
default_smile.png
We have about 30 miniatures here, a couple of paint mares and an aged QH mare. (and babies due soon!)

Jan

Added to say, there are several of us out here doing some driving, you are welcome to come join us.
Thank you and everyone else for your support. Wow!

I would absolutely love to! I'm just going out to play with my little girls now. Don't know much (ie: ANYTHING) about the driving scene. I'm sure I'll be out to check out the next horse show around these parts as well (I live downtown, but my babies are just about a mile from the expo center!)

And no worries, txshell. I'm in love with caspian ponies, ever since my trainer bought one as a "pet" years and years back. Absolutely darling! Can't wait to see yours (pictures!!!!) I'm also ground driving my (bigger) little girl as I don't have a cart yet...but she's nearly ready!

I'm sure I'll be out to check out the next horse show around these parts as well (I live downtown, but my babies are just about a mile from the expo center!)
No miniature breed shows in the immediate area unfortunately (San Antonio in July, Glen Rose, Conroe & Katy several times a year) but there are a few open shows at the Expo Center now that have added mini classes. One May 24 with mini halter, etc - and I'm told, driving classes. Don't know how they will do it with the dirt there, very deep for riding classes. CAQHA also has mini classes at their open shows - halter, showmanship, halter obstacle and maybe hunter. (caqha.com)

Jan

Back