New Easy Entry Cart ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Magic Marker Minis

Reaction score
I just got a new easy entry cart, but it doesn't have the traditional wooden singletree. This one has a metal singletree with upright 'pegs' at either end... How do I attach the traces? pic attached.

Thanks,

Kari

easy entry cart.jpg

We have one of those. The bar is pretty 'fat' too. The trace slots can be hooked over those up and down pegs and turned back straight. But my husband made a nice wooden singletree with the tradition leather strips to replace it. I just didn't like the metal like that. Too hard to twist the traces on.

This is a client's cart and came from China. I'm not impressed by the lack of workmanship. I definitely won't be buying one of these. My client bought four of my Minis (2 stallions which are to be gelded, and two of the four babies that were born this year). The four are going to be 'therapy' horses for one of the NA tribes here in the Tucson area.

Kari

I have a friend who has a cart like this. She's had it a couple of years and it's worked out fine for her. I do think the traces are hard to get on, but it's her first cart and she didn't know any different so it works for her! I suggest you put Slime tubes in it; the tubes that come with those are worthless and will strand you quickly. We get our Slime tubes at Walmart and they work very well for my country driving.

I'm assuming you mean 'no flat' tires. I got them from Wal-Mart, but haven't found them recently... Did the 'slime tubes' replace the 'no-flats? I'm going to have to be very careful with this cart... (It's a client's cart.) as we have five acres of sand and mesquite trees (which have thorns). I keep getting them in the soles of my shoes... I'll be walking along, ground driving a horse, and get one in my sole... I gotta stop and get it out and it usually means I have to go inside to pull it out with tweezers... Arggh! Really disrupts the lesson (that and having to go pee!) lol!

Kari

Last edited by a moderator:
Slime brand Smart Tube Super Thick

Super Thick is the key. I have mesquite and goatheads also. I don't remember if I've ever had a mesquite thorn, but I've had goatheads. You may have to end up getting solid tires with your terrain.

Not just the singletree I don't like on the chinese carts either- I don't like the fact that the shafts are in two pieces (although that is not true for all of them) and I don't like the wheels- one of mine crumpled and had to be replaced just after ordinary wear and tear....

Latest posts

Back