New Computer

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdust

Reaction score
I received a new computer for Christmas and it has Windows 8. I think I like it but there are a couple of things that I just don't care for. One thing is the needing of a password when it needs to wake up. I did get the start up menu to load from a initial start with out one however if the computer goes into the "sleep" mode and you wake it up I am required to reenter the password..... I have changed that option everywhere I can think of and still I need a password there. Can anyone help?

Congrats on your new computer! I have a windows 7 so it should be similar....

Did you try going to 'Control Panel'? (Start>Control Panel) There's alot of security stuff in there you can find and change. We don't have a password on our computer at all, but if you do, like on my moms laptop, it always has her type in the password when you 'wake' it up.

I think it is pretty much required on all new computers now. With so much theft and parents not wanting children to have easy access it's a good idea. You can always have it be something extremely simple like "abc".

have fun with the new computer!

Yep, my Windows 7 system is like that. a Bit of a nuisance, but now its second nature to enter the password when I turn it on or wake it up.

Latest posts

Back