New Breeder Alert has just arrived

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joanne

Reaction score
We took the plunge last year and ordered the new Breeder Alert 2010 model. They just started shipping them and ours arrived last week. Thank goodness!
default_rolleyes.gif

Our first mare that is due to foal later this month had it on for the first time last night after we installed the unit.

Unlike the original model, this one is compact, with an option of either wall, or desk mount.

The transmitters that are placed on the horse's halters are small and lightweight. (See the photo with one attached to a mare).

The pager is the small, white rectangular object with the black bar on top (on the bottom right side) in the barn wall photo.

The small black object right next to the battery in the photo is the transmitter that the horse wears on its halter.

The power back up battery shown does not come with the unit, but can be purchased seperatly and can be used as a back up if your power goes out (it happens here from time to time). This one is a gate opener battery that should work fine. It is small and fits our location.

So far I am Loving this one!

Right-2.jpg
Wall3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Joanne, for sharing pictures of that. I was wondering what the new system looked like.
default_smile.png

We have used the unit for almost a week now. Here is an updated review.

The pager has a crisp sound to alert you.

If you have a mare that lies flat at night (I do right now
default_sad.png
) you reset the pager twice and it does not keep ringing. The next time the mare gets up and lays down again it will still ring. This is GREAT as it allows me to check the monitor to insure she is REALLY sleeping and then go back to sleep myself.

The new smaller and lighter transmitter is like she never has it on. No more heavy transmitter. Yea!!!
default_new_multi.gif

I love the new unit mounted on the wall. No chance of falling and out of my way!

I have added a new photo showing the transmitter and pager.

enjoy!!!

thats for sure on my wish list

right now we use a foal buzzer

which works well enough to get by

along with a camera with audio

but when we have a mare due who lays flat out

they will ignore it and just run down the battery

We have always had great luck with the Breeder Alert. I cannot imagine foaling without it and the barn cameras.

We went for the new model because of all the bells and whistles. But really ANY Breeder Alert is such a reasurance when you are foaling mares.

Last edited by a moderator:
May be a stupid question, but I assume the transponder on the halter is water proof rather than just shower proof? I'm just thinking of what happens when the pony drinks. I have a mare who loves to play with her water and she swishes her mouth and nose round in the water a lot.

Good question!

The transmitter has a small zip lock bag it is in to protect it from that possibility. Then the case goes over that giving it a second protection. The original units worked the same way.

In normal drinking this does not get wet.

If you mare is a head dunker, the bag would protect the transmitter.

Latest posts

Back