Breeder Alert system

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dairygirl

Reaction score
I need some help with my breeder alert. last year when my foaling season was over I put up the system in a nice dry place. Everything worked fine when I put the system up. All went into the same box, so no missing parts.

So I have a mare that is due any time and I plug it in and tested and I get nothing. Power lights all work. So when I set the transmitter on it's side and red light comes on and nothing. It will not set the system off.

And just the way things go at my house I can not find the book that came with the system to help me with trouble shooting. Only thing I did was replace all batteries with new ones and plug the system in.

Can anyone refresh my memory on what I'm doing wrong? I'm going to call the company in the a.m. but I really need to get this mare set up tonight. She is bagging early.

System is 1 year old. I have two pagers and both have been tested. Both show the red lights but no sound.

I appreciate any and all help.

Are you certain that the batteries are in correctly? Or, it sounds like maybe you have the little box in the leather pouch the wrong way. The arrow needs to be pointing in a certain direction when in the pouch but I have sold mine so I do not remember for sure whether it needs to point towards the mare or away out in front of her. Look the company's web site up online, get the phone number and call them. (or email them).

Are you certain that the batteries are in correctly? Or, it sounds like maybe you have the little box in the leather pouch the wrong way. The arrow needs to be pointing in a certain direction when in the pouch but I have sold mine so I do not remember for sure whether it needs to point towards the mare or away out in front of her. Look the company's web site up online, get the phone number and call them. (or email them).

Well one thing I'm certain of is that I'm starting to lose my mind. I forgot about the PAGER. I hate to even admit that for the world to see. But I can admit when I'm wrong and crazy. All I did was pull it out of my nightstand and put new batteries in and I'm in business. I'm not even going to tell everyone how long I hunted for that book or tried to figure out how or why it wasn't working. LOL. I had it in my head that the main unit was what sent out the beep. God I'm going nuts.

Thank you Mona for taking the time to help me.

LOL... that is too funny. I sure am glad that it was a simple solution!

And I love that you admitted it! That sounds like something I would do... I do silly things like that all the time!

Now you can relax and wait patiently for your foal to arrive
default_aktion033.gif

LOL, I was just also going to say the batteries. I renew batteries in mine every year just to make sure they are fresh and working in both the pager and the transmitter. I also NEVER store the batteries in either one because I have had batteries corrode in things and ruin them, so at the end of foaling season, I take the batteries out and use them up in something else.

Is it working now?

I say it's the meds. I'm on. LOL. My husband told me I should have posted "never mind". i told him I couldn't do that because someone might be researching this product on the forum or google and see my post. I didn't want anyone to think it was a bad product. Just a crazy woman trying to use it.

Yes it is working great and I sure feel better that my mare has it on. Her foals always need help getting out of the sack and last year I missed her by minutes and lost the foal. She is the reason I bought the system and a camera.

She is one you have to watch. Never gets a full bag. Just full in front of the bag and she is always 2 weeks early. So when I noticed the front of her bag bigger then normal this afternoon I got stressed. She is due April 6th.

Latest posts

Back