New AMHR Show

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maple Hollow Farm

Reaction score
I just want to let everyone know that the Iowa Pinto Association is in the process of setting up a combined Pinto and AMHR show! Contracts have been sent out to our three judges and when we get them back I will announce them. The show is July 31-Aug 1 at the Iowa Equestrian Center. Anyone who has been there can tell you that it is one of the nicest facilities to show at. It is totally enclosed and climate controlled! The fees are going to be very reasonable!

wow, it will be great to have 2 shows so close. should be good show and FUN.

We are putting this show on our calendar. Hard to turn down an opportunity to show to three judges at a great facility with in 35 miles from home.
default_biggrin.png

Ooooh! I think I am going to write this down on my calendar too. Whoo-hoo! That's not a very far drive for me at all. Now...to get registered with PtHA. lol

This show is on our calendar as well.

Steph

Will you have classes for miniatures in Draft Harness. We love this facility to show in and might come if there are classes for us. (Single, double, four-up) Also the new class for light harness pairs or more. Thanks!

Can they include Classic, Foundation, Modern Pleasure and Modern classes? I can show several both Pinto and then our Registry????
default_wink.png

Awesome, Cant wait to see everyone there!

Will you have classes for miniatures in Draft Harness. We love this facility to show in and might come if there are classes for us. (Single, double, four-up) Also the new class for light harness pairs or more. Thanks!
This is the first year they have done this so they dont want to have too many classes and have them go too late in the day. We will be taking suggestions at the show for the next year. We are just having a bare minimum of classes this year to see how it goes. If it goes well and is well attended we will add a few more classes if we can next year.

Can they include Classic, Foundation, Modern Pleasure and Modern classes? I can show several both Pinto and then our Registry????
default_wink.png
We are doing AMHR classes only because of time constraints. Until we know how fast the classes move along and how many horses we can expect each year we dont want to add too many extra classes when it is already two separate shows on the same weekend.

Sorry but we will hopefully be able to add certain classes next year to accomodate everyone!

Melinda,

Keep it in mind. There could be around 12 Modern Pleasures in a class, Moderns, there are a few less in the pinto world. Classics and Foundations - probably half of what a normal show would be due to the Pinto side of the show.

Classes would move fairly quickly in halter I believe on the ASPC side.

Please let us know details as it progresses and also I want to hear how the show went overall - maybe I could get MN Pinto Assn. to start this up!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back