New addition

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taylor Richelle

Reaction score
Well when I was younger my parents bred Dobermans. They are just a wonderful beautiful breed and we were sad to get out of them. We had one male for awhile then something went wrong and we no longer could have him. (He wasn't aggressive and NONE of our others were either) So we haven't had one for a few years and I have been BEGGING for one. I mean I love our little dogs very much but there was always that spot in me that wasn't filled.

So today when I got home from school I thought my dad was mad at me because he was really quiet. I thought I had gone over my min on my cell phone, as he was looking at the bill. Then he started to ask questions about my phone and of course I was like oh crap!
default_laugh.png
So he gets up and calls me over...he has something in his hand I thought it was a credit car or a gift card. It turns out to be a breeders card. He hands it to me and I look up at him and ask "what's it for?" He smiles and said "I bought one today" I lost it...I think I cried for like 10 min I can't believe it! All I know is that she is 5wks and a black and tan. I go see her Saturday where I promise to get pictures. haha and she was supposed to be a secret from my mom but he ended up spilling it tonight at dinner! LOL We pick her up the 15th
default_wub.png
:BananaHappy:HappyBounce

The breeder sent me a pic, here she is. I'll get better ones when I go see her
default_smile.png

27yn1h2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't wait to see photos of your new baby. Dobies are awesome dogs. I had dobermans for over 29 years. Total was 7 dobies, all black and tan, my favorite color. I currently don't have a dobie in my home, but have fond memories of all their sweet little faces. My favorite was my first boy named Max. He was my first dog and the dog that got me into dog obedience. I can't hear the song "dust in the wind" without thinking of Max,... he used to go over to the stereo and sing his heart out when he heard that song.
default_laugh.png
I will miss him forever. Dobies really have quite a sense of humor. Looking forward to hearing all your puppy stories. Best wishes..
default_aktion033.gif
PS, start shopping for a good obedience school that trains with positive reinforcement and will take puppies. Natural ears on a dobie are nice,( in case you are given a choice) Adair

Oh Taylor...Im so happy for you...what a sneeky Dad you have LOL!! Dobies are my husbands favorite dog!! He keeps saying its going to be our next breed! Please take lots of pictures Saturday and get right back here and show us. You always take great care of your horses so I know this dog is going to be thrilled to come live with you!!congratulations....who gets to name her...you or Dad? Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Taylor...Im so happy for you...what a sneeky Dad you have LOL!! Dobies are my husbands favorite dog!! He keeps saying its going to be our next breed! Please take lots of pictures Saturday and get right back here and show us. You always take great care of your horses so I know this dog is going to be thrilled to come live with you!!congratulations....who gets to name her...you or Dad? Any ideas?
Oh thank you and oh I will be posting a zillion pictures
default_laugh.png
My mom said she should name it since my dad didn't say anything too her before buying the puppy but I think we are all going to name her together. I already have a ton picked out
default_wub.png

What a neat surprise!!!!
default_aktion033.gif

I'll be waiting to see pics of your new baby!

That's awesome Taylor!! I can tell you are over the moon with excitement....
default_488.gif

She is adorable. I am a huge fan of Dobermans. My husband doesn't like big dogs so I had to settle for a German Pinscher.

Lucky you!

Oh what a little doll baby! I can't wait till you get her home and post pics! Good luck with her. This has to be love at first site.

I love Dobies! She is adorable! Congrats!

I went to see her today! I am so in love with this beautiful little girl! She's very very playful and she's so spoiled already. Can't wait to go pick her up!
default_wub.png
We have thought of so many names but both me and my mom have agreed on "Katy" and I really like "Mya" and Indy the instigator- "Indy" for short haha. But we have until the 19th to come up with a name. My dad just keeps saying no to everything. He's so stubborn lol!

ogm8oh.jpg

2n8ylmx.jpg

ve0ok5.jpg

311mh5t.jpg

35lapmh.jpg

She's SO sweet & cute!!
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png

I like the name Katy!
default_yes.gif
Or Sassy!
default_yes.gif

She is adorable, Love the photos, thanks for sharing. My last girl dobie was named Katie, she was a doll and sweet as sugar. Her registered name was Intrepids Kiss me Kate... She got that name because she was a kisser...

Katie was her call name, so I vote for Katy for your baby
default_wub.png
What ever you come up with, test the name out on her and see if she likes it...
default_yes.gif

She is adorable, Love the photos, thanks for sharing. My last girl dobie was named Katie, she was a doll and sweet as sugar. Her registered name was Intrepids Kiss me Kate... She got that name because she was a kisser...

Katie was her call name, so I vote for Katy for your baby
default_wub.png
What ever you come up with, test the name out on her and see if she likes it...
default_yes.gif
haha aww I love your katies name! Too cute! When and I went and saw my girl today whenever I wanted to get her attention I tried out Katy and she would stop and look at me. So it may be the one we go with!
default_wub.png

She is both adorable and beautiful! My animals always have their real names plus multiple nicknames...perhaps as a secondary nickname she could be DDG (for drop-dead gorgeous).

Back