New addition to Coventry Lane Farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coventry Lane Farm

Reaction score
Queenie5-15-09035.jpg
Queenie5-15-09028.jpg

After having Queenie here for a few months I finally got around to clipping this filly and I have to work on her mane some yet. I ran out time last night and was getting quite late. But Queenie came from a lady that is a widow and being that had to disperse her herd locally living here in Pa. We knew the breeders of this filly that actually came from New York and knew she was a nice refined overo filly. We really weren't looking to add another horse to our place but the lady knew that she would have a good home with us and needed money and she didn't want to take any of her horses to a sale.

It was a sad affair and the lady cried when we loaded her onto the trailer, she had 21 horses to sell and needed to move from her house to another location shortly. She really loves her animals and no longer could continue with any of them any longer.

We felt bad about the whole situation that this poor lady had to go thru and she only had a few miniatures and the rest were mostly being quarter horses. What could you do when someone asks for help, we couldn't turn our backs on her.

All the horses were in great shape and farrier work and worming was done on all. I don't know how the lady did take of all these horses, apparently she did without for herself and took more care of the animals.

But Queenie has a new home with us and we are planning on taking her to some AMHR shows and perhaps the AMHR Nationals. She has alot of the various Michigan's, Red Rock, Del Tera's and NFC's Superman that is now residing at Lucky Hart Ranch names in her pedigree. Queenie loves to show off now, like...look at me now...tail flagging in the air... since she got a haircut and bath and she catches on very quickly and gives ears also, which is a real task to get them to do anyway. Its going to be interesting with this little filly in the show ring afterall.

Thanks for letting us share our new girl that has a second chance to shine
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
default_wub.png
:wub Congrats...she is beautiful!!!! Best of luck in this show season!!!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah

congrats pammy you have such a huge heart. beautiful mare

Thank goodness for people like you, that is what makes this world a wonderful place. Congrats on your newest addition, wish you much show success with her, she is lovely!!!!

Queenies sire is MLS Lucky Penny that is in the HOF and her dam is a black frame overo named Mini Mounts Overo Apache Maiden. Queenie also has Michigan's Pretty Penny (HOF) Michigan's Little April, Michigan's Instant Replay (HOF), NFC's Superman (HOF) that is owned by McCarthy's Lakeside Stables and currently leased to Lucky Hart Ranch in North Dakota, with others in her pedigree being Del Tera's Superman, Rawlinson's Fannie.

Actually the breeders of Queenie contacted me last night after sending a picture of Queenie with her new haircut, horse makeover, and would like to know what shows we will be bringing Queenie to so that they can see her again. That made me feel pretty good hearing from them and to give this filly a chance to shine since she is only a 2 year old filly. She sure is a sweetheart.
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations, she is beautiful and best of luck in this years show season.

Lisa

Congratulations on your new mare!!
default_aktion033.gif
:yeah I do feel for the lady that sold her but I'm sure she's happy Queenie has a good home.
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back