Neverending Saga:

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
default_1857272.gif

I kid you not. This all took place in a matter of one week's time. I contribute most of it to working way too many hours, and not paying attention as usual, and just being too busy to stop and think. I admit when I get too much on my mind I am a complete scatterbrain. Have you ever had a day, week, month or year when you knew you should just stay in bed? I have.....and that week was last week. Boy am I glad its over.

default_impatient.jpg

You know your week has gone to crap when….

1. After a hectic weekend, there was 7 or 8 loads of clothes to wash one morning. I turned out the washer, waited some 40 minutes for the first load only to find out I forgot to put the laundry in.
default_wacko.png

2. I found two ticks having my leg for lunch. Ewwww
default_oops.gif

3. I was cleaning out the hay shed getting it ready for this year’s new hay. I seemed to have accumulated 2 or 3 new cats who I have never seen here before. They have set up housekeeping in there and had the nerve to hiss at me too. Glad mine are spayed and nutered. Then I smelled something gross. Seems these new hay barn kitties take delight in peeing on my tarps. Better that than peeing on the hay but gee, come on…..PU
default_spit.gif

4. I was unloading the dishwasher. Almost to the end of putting all the dishes and silverware away, I discovered they still looked dirty. Oops. Guess I forgot to turn the dishwasher on. Had a great time trying to figure out what dishes, glassware and silverware I put away dirty. Ended up having to wash just about everything.
default_frusty.gif

5. Bunch of people came for Memorial Day cook out. We're having a great time. Guitars playing, everyone singing, yakking, laughing. I tried so hard not to burn anything on the grill and I didn’t! But as I was carrying the first plate of chicken to the picnic table, only 5 feet away, I dropped it. No apparent reason, I just accidently dropped it. Boom. Down in the dirt. Good thing I had plenty more.
default_unsure.png

6. I woke up early one morning from that well known belching sound of my dog about to barf. We didn’t make it to the back door in time. I swear it looked like frog guts. Could a certain dog actually have eaten a frog? Discusting whatever it was.
default_smileypuke.gif

7. Never ever get up in a to race to answer the phone while wearing your reading glasses. Kaboom and ouch.
default_gaah.gif

8. The mail man was honking his horn at the mailbox. That means for me to come out and meet him there; he must have a package or something for me to sign. I ran through the yard in my stocking feet and stepped in dog crap.
default_10_2_12.gif

9. This is the one that is making me crazy. Get a call from some distant relatives who I completely cannot stand. I have to be nice to them because they are "family". They announce they are coming to visit for a week and we have to pick them up at the airport. I have no guest room, nor can I skip out on work or have time to sit home with them all day or ride them around and be tour guide and lovely hostess with the mostest. They have no manners and don’t even ask if it is a convenient time, they just say they are coming. Ugh……..Nothing I can do about it as they have their tickets. With any luck if I remember correctly I think they are allergic to the dogs or cats or something. Maybe I'll send them up to the hay shed.
default_hypocrite.gif
default_hypocrite.gif
default_hypocrite.gif

default_new_rofl.gif

Hope you have a great week!
default_saludando.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
It can only happen to you Marty!!!!!!!! What a week. Hope this one is better. I'd send the relatives to the clean the barn.

Barbie

i can relate!!! good ole murphy's law...if anything can go wrong, it WILL. i dunno if i can top your crappy week marty but here's just ONE of the things i could have lived the rest of my life without...

truck.jpg

deer - 1

truck - 0

default_new_shocked.gif

This week isn't starting out too great for me already either......so it's nice to hear I'm not the only one
default_sad.png

Charlene,
default_new_shocked.gif
OMG!!!! I hope you are alright!!!!!!!

~kathryn

Marty,

Is there a shelter nearby (say 500 miles away?) to drop off the stray cats and the relatives??????
default_jerry.gif

Ick, you poor thing....

default_1857272.gif

9. This is the one that is making me crazy. Get a call from some distant relatives who I completely cannot stand. I have to be nice to them because they are "family". They announce they are coming to visit for a week and we have to pick them up at the airport. I have no guest room, nor can I skip out on work or have time to sit home with them all day or ride them around and be tour guide and lovely hostess with the mostest. They have no manners and don’t even ask if it is a convenient time, they just say they are coming. Ugh……..Nothing I can do about it as they have their tickets. With any luck if I remember correctly I think they are allergic to the dogs or cats or something. Maybe I'll send them up to the hay shed.
default_hypocrite.gif
default_hypocrite.gif
default_hypocrite.gif

default_new_rofl.gif

Actually, NO, you DON'T have to be "nice" to them. You SHOULD be CIVL to them, but not nice. TELL them that you CANNOT take time from work, you don't have space for them and what hotel would they like to stay at? It's THEIR fault they didn't ask if it was convenient for you, so THEY need to suck it up- not you.

Lucy

My week started out crappy too. We put our 15 yr old cat Ned to sleep this morning. He hadnt ate in about 4 days and the vet suspected he was going into kidney failure. He has always had urinary problems and peeing in places he wasnt supposed to. He was a wonderful cat and we are lost without him already. We lost our 16yr old dog Sandy last september. We had to put her down after she got knocked over by one of our other dogs and a tumor burst. Its so hard to lose animals. They are like my children. We have 4 other cats and 5 other dogs but those were our oldest and have had the longest.

Anyway Marty, I know youve had a crappy week but some of those instances made me laugh and I needed a laugh today. Thanks, Sheila
default_smile.png

Oh you poor thing!!

We must be related b/c my relatives do the same thing. They figure we own our own business so we can just take the day(s) off... go pick them up at the airport or " Heidi, the hotels around your area are soooo expensive we just figured we'd stay w/you" They cant understand why we cant entertain them for a week or why I cant go to the beach with them everyday. Its called WORK and the fact that I really dont like spending any time w/them!!

Sorry about your glasses and I hope Amys feeling better.

I hope you have a better week ahead!!

Back