Nefertiti pictures

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mercysmom

Reaction score
508cbbe6.jpg

Here is my baby Modern filly a few hours after she arrived. Intrepid could not have picked a colder night to deliver! Independence is looking on with curiosity....

d765993a.jpg

181a304b.jpg

f1f2ec27.jpg

f1f2ec27.jpg

Vet was out yesterday to check mom and baby...for as little a bag Intrepid had prior to labor and foaling, she is making up for lost time! Neffie is still the nursing machine but we cut down Intrepid's alfalfa as it was a bit too rich for a young baby! :bgrin Vet said Neffie is healthy and strong so far - waiting on IGG results to make sure the colostrum was working.

They were turned out with the minis today... after trying to investigate the newcomer, the minis decided to eat instead. Intrepid did not want to share her baby at all. Neffie moves with high, floating knee action...my sons call her a baby deer as she is very refined and petite!

Finisterre did not mind going in after a day's turnout... while she and Intrepid are best buddies, Finisterre is only three and can be over exuberant at times so she and Intrepid/Neffie will not be pasture pals for the moment. Finisterre did well with our dwarves but her size alone now makes me leery of leaving them alone without supervision.

I am just tickled pink about this baby... the pictures do not show off her refinement. Our digital camera is not working well so I will try to take some film pictures over the long weekend.

Lyn - Hope Bailey and Savannah decide to foal sooner rather than later and may they present you with healthy foals and be healthy themselves.
default_yes.gif
:

I consider myself very blessed this year. After the loss of Independence's grey filly in Feb 2005 and two live dwarves in 2004 a(celebrating their second year) and a stillborn filly in 2003, I feel very lucky.
default_yes.gif
: I was just hoping for a healthy mare and foal without complications; getting the filly I hoped for was a big plus.

Now, if I can figure out how to post good pictures, life WILL be perfect!

Denise

Silversong Farm

She looks very pretty even in those dark blurry pictures so I can imagine she is stunning.

:aktion033: Congrats!!! She looks like a little sweetie. Can't wait to see more pics!!

Thanks!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

She is petite and refined...and has some beautiful action that comes naturally. I really feel blessed!
default_yes.gif
:

She was introduced to the minis yesterday and everyone got along fine after Intrepid set the ground rules on how close they could get.

I need to get more pictures - it is amazing how quickly they grow! With the way that she nurses off of the bag that Intrepid has (enough to feed a third world country according to our veterinarian!), I won't be able to pick her up!

IGG results are normal. YAY!

Looked up the meaning of Nefertiti - it means "the beautiful one has arrived." Call me biased but I feel it is the perfect name for a perfect filly.

Denise

Silversong Farm

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations !! Shes a beautiful little girl.

Latest posts

Back