Need Some Ideas on Activities

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~Palomino~

Reaction score
So I have to give a 45 minute workshop tomorrow and my subject is rising above the challenge, and I have so many ideas of how I could do it but I need some ideas on Activities! Im doing my thing on Martin Luther King Jr stepping up and rising above the challenge and because of him we have a african american president now! I just really need a couple of activities that can teach rising above the challenge! PLEASE HELP!

Gage

Not sure if this is what your after but.........activities that can help you rise above and make a difference in someone's life and your own life.

>>volunteering at (nursing homes, soup kitchens, elementary schools, churches, in your community or any community, habitat for humanity etc...)

>>big brother....big sister programs

>>mentoring

>>random acts of kindness(you'd be surprised how doing this makes you feel as well as the other person)

>>teaching.....anything you have knowledge or a gift for....we all can share our knowledge

>>speaking out for those in need...become a advocat for a cause you believe in

>>I think FFA made me rise up to challenges by becoming active in our chapter. Participate, experience new things, contests, leadership roles, becoming an officer and helping our chapter become better.

I was in FFA once upon a time....and one way we kinda celebrated rising up above the challenge was by hosting an appreciation breakfast once a year for our teachers/faculty staff at our school.FFA members cooked and served it. We wanted to show our teachers they were appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just had a nice paragraph written out and my cat erased it.

Anyway, to sum up what I wrote before: Our local high school FFA put together a petting zoo/ animal care show and tell for some elementary students that have only been around cats and dogs. I volunteered one of my minis and couple of goat kids (I know the FFA members pretty well- they're trustworthy). They also got together some lambs, chicks, a dog, etc. I don't know how you would tie that into your theme, but I thought it was fun.

Thank you all so much for the great Ideas. But It has to be in the 45 minute presentation. Im talking about doing maybe some type of ice breaker to show what happens when you rise to the challenge! I really like all those ideas, BUT we only have 45 minutes!

Thanks,

gage

Gage, can you put together some pictures or maybe make a slide show presentation of some of our other presidents that would correspond with your main topic. Such as Abe Lincoln and how he freed the slaves, maybe JFK and PT 109 something like that.

Are you doing it at school?? You could always do a challenge. Ask the crowd to donate to a cause (animal abuse or something). Its quick, but efficient. Like ask them to put their pennies in a jar for a cause type deal. You just have to bring jars. You could say something like discarded change can really change a persons/animals life. So quit discarding and rise above the challenge and make others lives better. Start by maybe putting some change in your pockets and rattling it. Then ask the audience how much rattle do they have or something like that. Just brain storming.

Latest posts

Back