Need Ohio peoples help with hay :)

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
K

kaykay

I have delibertly let my hay run down so that we didnt have to move hay. Can someone in the columbus/thornville area tell me a good place to get hay?? Also what is hay running in ohio? Wed like to get a grass/alfalfa mix

thanks so much for your help

kay

Kay,

I'm about 2 hours north of Columbus near Toledo. I've not been able to find anyone up here that's willing to sell their hay. I have to go to Michigan, an hour away and buy it from a guy my hubby works with.

BTW, next time I'm near Columbus, I'd love to visit your new place. It looks beautiful in the pictures. You are truly blessed!

Sorry I could be more help on the hay. Good luck.

Janine

ughhh dont tell me that!! i have no problem getting hay here in illinois but the problem is moving it to ohio. i did have one hay guy said he would bring an entire semi but i have no where to put a semi of hay!!! rubbing her head

also i would love to have you come and visit!!

Last edited:
My sister cuts and bales hay, There is also a man/woman right up from you on St Rt 40 that sells hay. And I know another guy that sells. You will be living in the heart of hay heaven. There is also a person towards Amanda that sells according to how much you buy. He is pretty cheap but I haven't seen the hay myself. I believe it was like $1.75 a bale if you buy 100 bales. We'll find it for you. Will start looking for the grass/alfalfa mix. Tell me when you are planning on bringing them and we'll make sure you have some there before you get there.

I am so excited!

Fran

Hey, let me know where that $1.75 hay is too! We will be looking, but prefer to stay away from alfalfa if possible. I prefer Orchard Grass/Timothy hay for the minis.

Fran

i dont know what i would do without you!!! im definately buying or cooking you dinner
smile.gif

The movers should be at the new house oct 30th. i had originally set for the horses to show up NOv 3rd as we werent supposed to move until the 3rd and 4th. So now im trying to get ahold of my hauler and see if he can move them early.

Okay im taking a deep breath LOL. I have been up since 4 am trying to figure all of this out. hubby didnt tell me until 800 pm last night that the moved was moved up 6 days

and yeah now that you all have my new address we should have a bbq~!!

Latest posts

Back