need more help please

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GAILS

Reaction score
las year we bought 2 bred mares. the seller said if not bred we could bred back to his stud. well of course it turns out 1 was not bred. when we contacted him he has now sold the stud and more or less said sorry but your're out of luck. well then the other mare did have a colt, but when we sent in the papers turns out the seller never sent in the stud breeding report. well the question is, is their any way we can reg the colt with him sending in his report, which i am sure he will not do? sorry so long! thanks

Very unfortunate. You should always get the breeding certificate when you purchase a bred mare. Live and Learn.

I would suggest you ask the stud owner to file a Late Stallion Report. You may have to pay the late fee yourself, but at least, you will get papers for your colt.

If the owner refuses, maybe ask the Registry for advice. All you can do is ask.

Good Luck.

I'm so sorry you had this problem. Seems some sellers take advantage of people who may be new to minis. Have seen this happen a number of times to even experienced horse people.

Contact the seller and ask him to sign a Late Stallion Breeding Report, which you can send by mail with a stamped return envelope, or take it to him in person. Offer to pay any fees associated with this as it may be the only way to get your colt registered. Be persistent........but polite.

Call the registry.........they can be very helpful once you explain the problem. Hopefully a solution can be found to allow the foal to be registered.

Best wishes.......correct paperwork can be a real hassle........but the outcome is rewarding.

Latest posts

Back