Need Costume Help

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steph_D

Reaction score
My 10 year old is going to be Pippi Longstocking for halloween. We have the outfit all ready, but she has sandy blonde hair and, of course, she needs it to be red for Pippi. We definately don't want anything permanent. I've read about people using Kool Aid for hair dye, but don't know how to do it or how long it lasts. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I've never actually used it....but don't they have those "spray cans" of hair dye around Halloween?? They're usually where they keep the spray glitter.

I just wonder with her fair hair color...if you might notice a tinge of color after???
default_unsure.png
:

Otherwise...maybe a red yarn wig with wire going through the braids??

I don't know about the kool aid...that stuff will stain my counter top...not sure I'd want it in my hair.

Good luck!!

Sorry I wasn't more of a help!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Boy, I think your safest bet would be to use some sort of wig, or maybe make yarn & stiffen it with spray starch or something & make pigtails? I am not sure I would mess around with the whole hair dye thing with blonde hair, but that is just my opinion.

Oh, I also just thought of red pipe cleaners, instead of yarn, isn't Pippy Longstockings hair all stuck up in weird angles? Long pipe cleaners may work also if the stiff yarn doesn't?

Good luck, that is going to be a cute costume idea. :bgrin

Last edited by a moderator:
MY neighbor down the road used Kool Aide on her poodle (orange) because he was dressing up as a pumpkin because someone told her it is not permanent. WRONG it took months to get the kool aide out. Poor little thing looked so funny.

I would say not don't use it. Wal Mart has the spray can that would work.

Carlene

:new_shocked: Kool-aid while not permanent last a long time getting lighter with every wash. Shading lasting several months. Since this time of year, costume wigs being so cheap, I'd go with a wig.

I to would go with a wig. Even the spray hair color leaves tints of color after the fact, especially if she has blond hair.

Latest posts

Back