Need Advice Equipage/Kee-Port foaling cameras

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barbiedoll68346

Reaction score
Does anyone have an Equipage/Kee-Port foaling camera. We need a new camera and can't decide what to get. Any input or suggestions appreciated please.

Barb

We have a Riverwind camera that we got a few years ago on advice from Mare Stare that cost around $250. We just gt a second camera from Amazon (I think) that was around $50. It is a Sony 1/3" CCD, 520 TV lines, 30LED with 3.6mm lens according to packing slip. We can't tell the difference (no lights in the daytime):

http://www.marestare.com/fcam.php?alias=ontarget

Thanks, have heard of Riverwind, will check that out. Need a new foal alarm system too, so was going to buy Equipage package deal.

Barb

We buy our cams from Supercircuits in Texas for about $119. www.supercircuits.com The cams we buy are weatherproof.

Color cams, night vision (no lights on in barn). We have 5 of their cams and love them. PM me if you need further info or e-mail me [email protected]. You can see the camera that we have on now. www.kinneyminiatures.com click on the barn cam link to see cam.

We also have the Equipage system and have never had a problem with it, would not foal out mares without the cams or the Equipage.

Steph

Thanks a bunch, will check that out for sure, REALLY appreciate the help.

Barb

I have an Equipage system, and we just replaced our old camera system with one by Swann. More complicated to get it all set up, but I can check it on my computer, on my cell phone... pretty neat.

Jan

I bought a used keeport wireless camera system, and I love it! I had looked at the riverwind, but was put off at the price, when the keeport system came up for sale on lil beginnings I took the chance. Had a little bit of trouble figuring out how to show two cameras on the tv screen at once but put in a call to Equipage/Kee Port and had it up and working in 5 minutes. I have trees and the driveway is between the house and barn so people have a tendency to park where they are not supposed to (between the receiver and transmitter) and still have perfect picture. I have no lights in the barn or outside the barn, and the night vision is good can see quite well. The span of sight on the camera is also very good. I would recommend this brand to someone. After "living" in the barn during foaling season, I am happy to be in my bed checking the cameras this year..
default_thumbup.gif

Now is only someone could tell me why my Equipage pager goes nuts during thunderstorms I would have it made!

Last edited by a moderator:
A warning about wireless cameras: If you have anything wireless for your computers, expect problems. Not only will the wireless computer connections interfere with the camera, but it seems to work the other way also. We have 3 or 4 computers in our household, lots of wireless connections and even with the barn close to the house we cannot get a wireless camera to work. When the camera interfered with the wireless internet and we could no longer watch the wired camera on Mare Stare on the laptop, we gave up.

The Equipage and cameras together, especially if you can get on Mare Stare, are the way to go!!

Latest posts

Back