Need a Laugh?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StacyRz

Reaction score
This is totally embarrassing but I thought I'd share anyway! (If my jumbled story doesn't give you a headache first)

I am new to minis and only owned one horse when I was in my late teens early twenties. I'm almost 40 now...So it's been a long time since I have even been around a horse! My old boy was already well trained and well behaved when I got him, so I have no experience with curious youngsters.

My two new minis are an 18 year old broodmare and a 16 month old colt (soon to be gelding)

So trying to be a good horse owner, and wanting to get to know everything about my new horses, I go out and do things like...inspect their poop. I want to know what's normal for them.

I always keep my guard up with Finale because being a youngster he likes to sneaky-nip me if I don't keep one eye on him at all times, or if he thinks I'm not paying attention... It's not aggressive at all. Just..naughty LOL (He always looks completely surprised and dramatically throws himself backwards the second he gets a piece of fabric, and before I can swat him in the shoulder)

Well, today after a night of NO sleep whatsoever, I wasn't keeping agood enough eye and ear out for him like I usually do.

I thought I saw something odd in his droppings, so I bent over to poke them with a stick. I was thoroughly absorbed and BAM!!!

Finale had gone into ninja-stealth mode, crept up behind me and goosed me so fast and hard I swear my feet lifted 6 inches off the ground.

I yiped, he ran off tossing his head (laughing I'm sure) while ole cranky-pants-Fancy looked on in utter disdain.

Anyone else want to share a funny story? I'd love to hear it. These minis are so amazing! I just love mine with all my heart <3

Yes! Dogs do it too!! So sneaky

Who says animals don't have a sense of humor??? LOL well...maybe my Fancy doesn't. She looked pretty disgusted by Finale's antics and my lack of dignity, guffawing when I saw Finale prancing around. After I realized he did not take a bite outta my ample backside!

Last edited by a moderator:
I was scrubby out a water tub with a brush and one of my welsh/arab mares came up from behind and pushed me in! Of course that was many years ago close to 30, so I wasn't hurt as I was much younger and in better shape. It was funny though, something like that you never forget.

We have a filly this year, Pippa, that is such a lap baby. Most of mine are, but this one really thinks she is a person and needs to either be in your lap or touching you somehow.

Well one day this past summer, I went out with my grandmother to play with the babies and was trying to give everyone scratches and equal attention. Pippa tried her best to be front and center. One of the other fillies was only a few days old and she came up to see what was going on. I turned away from Pippa and bent over to kiss the little one on the nose. I just can't resist those soft, velvety newborn noses. Well, I heard my grandmother gasp and before I could see what was the matter I felt a nice nip on my left bun. I yipped and turned around and there was Pippa with her ears back looking like she was saying, "how dare you kiss any other nose but mine" and then off she ran. My grandmother was about rolling on the ground in a fit of giggles. She thought it was pretty darn funny.

Had to work with Pippa quite a bit to break her of the nipping habit. Such a stinker.

RiverRose, I can picture it LOL I too remember a time when I was much more resiliant ;-)

ohmt, That's too funny! Fancy cops an attitude when I spend time with Finale. She does NOT like him at all and if I visit with him first, she gives me the cold shoulder and pins her ears at me. Thankfully she hasn't tried to bite/nip me but I think sometimes she wants to.

This summer we had some visitors and we were out looking at the babies. Our friendliest colt, GQ, was nearby and we all loved on him for a bit and then moved on. Turning our backs....... We were deep in conversation about another colt when suddenly I was shoved from behind. I stumbled and looked down to see a set of foal legs wrapped around my waist.
default_new_shocked.gif
I slowly turned my head to look over my shoulder and there was GQ, still with his legs wrapped around my waist. Apparently, he wasn't done with the attention yet!

I stepped away from him and then quickly slapped him on the rump to send him off. He hasn't done it since, but I also haven't turned my back on him either!
default_wacko.png

This summer we had some visitors and we were out looking at the babies. Our friendliest colt, GQ, was nearby and we all loved on him for a bit and then moved on. Turning our backs....... We were deep in conversation about another colt when suddenly I was shoved from behind. I stumbled and looked down to see a set of foal legs wrapped around my waist.
default_new_shocked.gif
I slowly turned my head to look over my shoulder and there was GQ, still with his legs wrapped around my waist. Apparently, he wasn't done with the attention yet!

I stepped away from him and then quickly slapped him on the rump to send him off. He hasn't done it since, but I also haven't turned my back on him either!
default_wacko.png

default_new_rofl.gif
You win! Hands down! Oh my goodness, I laughed so loud my dog, sleeping at my feet startled. How bold of him!

I have my little mare Shadow who is around 4 so she should have outgrown her antics, but I think she will always have a sense of humor.

Her thing is to come and stand very close to someone who is not paying attention to her and reach her front foot sideways to stand on there foot! She is very sly about it, but it is effective. If you are trying to leave without acknowledging her she will continue to walk in front of you and stand to block you. If you go around her, she will just do it again. She gets her feeling hurt very easily.

default_new_rofl.gif
You win! Hands down! Oh my goodness, I laughed so loud my dog, sleeping at my feet startled. How bold of him!
He is a very bold, yet friendly colt. We also have a former show mare that if you did obstacle with her and gave her any bit of slack in her lead, she would grasp whatever obstacle that was upright (usually a tree) and pull it over in class. I can't tell you how many times I had to pry something out of her mouth so we could move on.

Oh yes, speaking of oral fixations, I love when i'm clipping hooves and go to grab my rasp only find that it is missing. Mind you, it is a large rasp, made for large horses with a handle and everything. It's quite heavy. Since I let my weanlings have run of the farm (so I can keep a very close eye on their feed as well as make sure they have plenty of human interaction) I know exactly where it is. I almost always find one of the weanlings running around with it in their mouth. They are so helpful-or so they think.

My mammoth donkey that I raised when he was orphaned at 1 month is out with my mares. He has a thing for halters and lead ropes. I always hide the halters behind my back because my too smart for their own good mares will come to me...unless they see that halter. Then they quickly disperse. So I hold it behind me and my very sweet donkey, "BoBo" likes to either steal them and run or lead me around. He will also steal the lead rope from me after i've haltered a mare and lead her around. He is terrible and always gives me away lol.

Having animals is so entertaining :)I

I had been reading on here before I registered and have read the most amazing stories. Such big personalities in such little bodies. Your mare was the class clown?? lolol

Shelia, I don't know why but that made me want to hug Shadow.
default_wub.png

I had been reading on here before I registered and have read the most amazing stories. Such big personalities in such little bodies. Your mare was the class clown?? lolol

Shelia, I don't know why but that made me want to hug Shadow.
default_wub.png
That is exactly what she is wanting and she does get it as soon as I realize she has been ignored. LOL!

ANYONE WHO EVER SAID ANIMALS DON'T HAVE A SENCE OF HUMORHAVE NEVER BEEN AROUND A FARM. I CAN BE DOWN AND GO OUT TO THE PASTURE AND BE LAUGHING IN SHORT ORDER. WE WERE FIXING THE RUN IN SHED AND HAD ALL KINDS OF HELP,DON'T BE IN A HURRY BECAUSE THEY WILL BE THEIR USUAL HELPFUL LITTLE SELVES. WE KEEP CHASING WHO EVER TOOK THE BOX OF NAILS AND THEN THE HAMMER WOULD DISAPPEAR,AND ALWAYS NOSES INTHE WAY MAKING SURE WE DO IT RIGHT. LOL BLESS THEM THEY ARE SO FUNNY.
default_hypocrite.gif
default_cheeky-smiley-006.gif
:arg!

Couple of years back daughter Cathy was in the show ring with our then 2 year old spotty colt, big show, the final one of the year, beautiful ring all decked out with pots of flowers - you can guess where this is going can't you?

Now spotty boy hates to be at shows where there is no grass to have a nibble at - let him have a quick grass nibble and he's happy! He soon sussed that at this show there was no grass, soooooooo going round the ring he snatched one of the display pots - flowers in his mouth - and swung it wide!! Pot went rolling and the flowers scattered. Cathy just carried on ignoring everything and pretending it was nothing to do with her, but everytime they walked round the ring, the little blighter speeded up as he approached the area of scattered flowers, hoping to get the chance to snatch one off the ground!
default_biggrin.png

(someone cleared the mess up before the next class and the 'little blighter' won his class and went Reserve Supreme in the finals of all the spotty classes.)

A few years ago my teenage daughter was showing our gelding in obstacle class at the State Fair. He's freaked out at the littlest things, and the last obstacle were some poles to trot over with a small potted tree at each end. He trotted over poles but was leary of the tree's waiting to attack him. As he trotted over the last pole, he turned his rearend toward one of the tree's, kicked it and sent it flying! My daughter, being 13 and easily embarassed, didn't think it was funny when everybody started laughing! I don't know which was funnier, Razz killing the menacing tree, or Chloe's embarassement!

Carin 's tale reminds me of a story I posted a few years back, titled:

Mommy loves you, Flash...

but not that way!

(a PG-rated story)

We've put it off as long as we can...

Spring has come, and a young stallion's thoughts have turned to that filly in the next corral. Flash is such a good boy and generally acts like less of a stallion than Mingus (who is a gelding)...which is why we've procrastinated getting him snipped -- because we can.

Still...no need to invite trouble, and while we already have hot wire on top of all fences and at knee-height, I worried that with our filly Scarlet next door that two determined, agile, young minis might find a way. Even with herd boss gelding Mingus and his mission to prevent anyone from having any fun, we're taking no chances.

So out came the fencing tools -- time for the weenie wire!! -- and since the charger was turned off, I went around Flash's corral, replacing standard insulators with extenders on the knee wire. Aaach...my aching back and non-kneel-worthy knees!!!

Flash was Mr. Adorable, pulling tools out of the bucket and pushing his nose in as if to ask, "Whatcha doing?" He was such a help! Now, I know better. Even a sweet, gentle stallion is still a stallion. You don't turn your back...you don't allow sweet little boy kisses as I do with our geldings. Yet wrapped up in my fencing project, I let down my guard.

I knew I was in trouble the second I felt hot breath on the back of my neck. Before I could react...before I could assert my best "don't mess with me" boss mare attitude...before I could ask "Keith, is that you?"...my sweet, innocent boy had his forelegs wrapped around my waist...

YIKES...not even a dinner or a movie! Whatever happened to romance?

I may be woefully out of shape, but given the right circumstances, I can move pretty darned fast! I leaped and I spun and I let loose with something between a scream and a bellow. Flash knew better (though he tried anyway), and before I could face him he was across the corral, trying once again to look innocent. Ooohhh...he knew he was in deep horse puckey...

Well...needless to say, he didn't try that again! He was an angel...once again mama's little boy, only now keeping his distance. But now mama has extra incentive to schedule a certain operation!

Last edited by a moderator:
default_new_rofl.gif
:rofl
default_new_rofl.gif

These are soooo funny!! These made my morning. Flowers! Yummy!! lol

Considering the subject matter, Susanne, your story was eloquently written, and hysterical! And a stallion is still a stallion.. Truer words have never been spoken.

You'd think I would have learned my lesson with the full throttle goosing I received the other day. But no... Because I am using 5 gallon buckets for waterers for now, they get dirty quickly, and dirty water is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

So I'm scrubbing away. I knew full well that Nosey was a couple of feet away watching. He LOVES playing in his water. I knew he wasn't moving his feet. I was paying attention! Or so I thought.

FUN FACT: Did you know, a horse can stretch their necks almost as far as a giraffe? I didn't. I do now.

In one fluid motion giraffe-boy stretched his neck out and dropped his chin on my back and I saw the front legs come up to grab me. I jumped up and roared. He ran off tossing his head.

I hear laughing. Husband Matt and cousin David were watching the whole thing. I give the raised eyebrow. The look I gave said "Really? No warning?" Cousin David informs me that Finale was walking around looking aroused a little while before. Husband Matt observes, "Ay Mamita, he LIKES you. You'd better start walking around with your nalga (Spanish for rump) to the fence!"

And I think I will!!

Latest posts

Back