Neck wrap, to big ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minihingstar

Reaction score
Got my neck wrap and throat sweater I've ordered today,but start to wonder if it's to big for my little guy.

He's a 3 years old stallion about 29". The throat sweater is 3" and the neck wrap 8".

Can he have it or shall I order a smaller one to him ?

Wrapped up:

37405E27-AE47-4155-AA35-9331ECBB14CD-2664-000005B898965D5B.jpg

All natural:

DSC_5805.jpg

Is the green sweat the neck wrap? If so, your throat sweat should be underneath your neck wrap.

Good, then I'll keep using it on him
default_smile.png

SampleMM: The throat sweater is under the neck wrap on the picture
default_smile.png

What do you guys think about my second boys neck ? Shall I wrap it also ? He's a 2 year old stallion. And if, shall he have the same size ? He's around 31½"

DSC_6344.jpg

DSC_6312.jpg

I'm not much help regarding whether to sweat or not to sweat your second boy, but I wanted to say he is gorgeous! I love his markings and his multicolor tail. What a fancy guy!

A throat latch sweat is a single sweat that doesn't wrap all the way down the neck. It's the neck wrap that is really long and wraps all the way down the neck. If it was my horse I'd buy a smaller throat sweat and then put the neck wrap over it.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are cute and for what it's worth, I don't think either of them need it at all.

I agree with Marty. You can create something a horse doesn't naturally have.

I never bother with neck sweats... And if I do, it's just a throat latch wrap. I think I'd do it if I felt I had a National Grand contender... But otherwise I just feel it doesn't make as big a difference as genetics and then a little bit of diet and exercise.

Latest posts

Back