National results - and a very special Thank

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Getitia

Reaction score
who helped my hubby and his brother with our National entries - Unfortunately my company decided to host a conference over in RabbitFizz's part of the country and I had to fly out early so sadly we ended up having to scratch all of our Owned Bred and Shown entries.
new_shocked.gif

Also the day before we were scheduled to leave for Nationals our weanling over filly and sweepstakes entry Classical Promise ended up with a freak leg injury and was unable to travel.
new_shocked.gif
Between the conference and the injury I almost decided to just not attend.

But 5 years ago, I had hoped to someday raise a Super G gelding entry. Of course the Super G is a one time shot which was this year - so my husband talked me into attending and I'm glad he did.

We are so proud of our home grown entries - Classical Lightening, our Super G entry had a wonderful show - winning National champion 3 yr old pleasure driving, National Champion Super G pleasure driving, and National champion 36 to 38 sr gelding along with top ten in every other class he entered (with some huge entries).

After I left, Angie, Connie, Denise, Lonnie, Gary, Cheryl, Fran, McCabes, E-Training, PickPocket farms all ensured our horses made it to their remaining classes on time and groomed. In addition, Connie Ballard needs to take a bow for her expert driving training on Lightening - She brought out the best in him in a very short time. He is so athletic, and willing to do anything and more that you ask of him - far more mature than his 3 years of age.

A few of the other highlights - Connie and Mike winning National Champion mare/foal and a new Breeder Alert system
aktion033.gif
Kewpie Silver Ghost winning NC colt 28-30 (one of the smaller ones in his class), Classical Elegance winning Reserve NC yearling , Maggie winning National Champion Broodmare - and the above winning many other top ten wins...........

Then we were thrilled to learn that our stallion Kewpies Paposo of Arenosa was the proud Sire of this years National Grand Champion B mare and is also the Grandsire to the Reserve National Grand Champion B mare. His son, Ghost was also National Champion. In addition, several other Lee offspring shown by others had a great showing as well with several top tens/Championships.

I took a few photos when we returned home Sunday - Here is our special boy Classical Lightening (can you tell we just love him
biggrin.gif
)

lightening0503_small.jpg

lightening0502_small.jpg

and the weanling Papo son Kewpies Silver Ghost

ghost0501_small.jpg

Congrats to all of the forum winners - the horses exhibited this year were beyond incredible.
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

Beautiful as always Getitia

I was wondering why the sweepstakes filly wasn't there and I figured it was due to something such as a sudden injury or stress ext........hope she recovers fully.

Congratulations Getitia... Connie has been keeping me up to date on your Classical Lightening. Her joy & excitement of training him, then seeing you win with him was very evident in her emails........... What a bummer to have to leave the show when you were having so much fun!........ Beautiful horses!
wub.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

CONGRATULATIONS GETTIA; LIGHTNING WAS AWESOME AND YOUR HORSES

ARE GORGEOUS. COVER GIRL IS SO SWEET. Linda B
yes.gif

Oh MY! Classical Lightning is incredible Getitia! And being driven by Connie...well, he was a shoe-in to win!
aktion033.gif

Sorry you had so many problems this year, but you did well regardless! Hope little Promise is recovering completely!

I've had the honor to compete against Lightening and Getitia and all I can say is WOW
aktion033.gif
He is one of the best horses I've ever seen and with a matching personality to boot, you are very lucky to own such a great horse. Continued success and much like with your little Promise on a speedy recovery.

Hey you are welcome Getitia! Lightening is an incredible horse and he was so well mannered and so open to learning...because of how you work with them from weanlings up...he was such a breeze to train to drive. That horse has such natural ability...his headset is just him...how he carries himself. He has one of those "breed it...don't sweat it" necks and throatlatch that enables him to break at the poll, tuck and he just drops that rear end, gets under himself, lightens up his front in and reaches out ever so easily...he was a dream to work with.

If you were in the arena during the Futurity Driving...I was the loud one on the front row...center...right in front of where Getitia pulled into the line up. I thought this pair (Getitia and Lightening)...had done well and nudged Tim saying..man wouldnt be cool if they won...and when Mark announced "Buckeye WCF Classical....Lightening"....I popped up out of my chair like it was struck by lightening...yelling and clapping!! Getitia sat there for a second...like "ME?"....and Bill from E...waved his whip at her and said YES YOU!!! The smile on Getitias face was...as the commercial says..."priceless"...which made me yell yippie few more times...then sat down and felt tearful....Tim is patting my leg saying "its ok...its ok"...deep breaths...! LOL I was so darn proud of this pair. All summer I watched this pair from the rail...growing and improving. I've admired Getitias breeding program for so long and it was such a treat for me to get to train one of her horses...then to see him win the Futurity...and the Super G...well...I can say it made my trip to Tulsa...and thanks to you!

When I had the honor to take Maggie in with Mike McCabe showing her son by Papo...Ghost...and they won National Champion in Mare & Foal...that was a delight too. I only wished Getitia had been there...hated business had called her away...but was so happy to get to be a part of their beautiful wins.

I'm excited to be adding Buckeye WCF Major Impact to our show string next year...yearling colt by Kewpies Papo of Arenosa and Kewpies Armanda of Arenosa, 100% Arenosa, AMHR/ASPC. If he does half as well as Lightening...I'll be thrilled!
aktion033.gif

Well - now I know what happened to you. Congrats, Getia - a classy lady with classy horses. What a great combination!!

Sorry I dragged that one name out - I just couldn't help myself....
wink.gif

It was a pleasure to have anything to do with these horses Getitia....It makes me smile when I hear all the remarks about the crazy Shetlands....if Maggy had anymore manners she would be a plastic horse...lol I took her out of her stall put her (makeup) on....let the baby have a last drink...made sure it was from both sides....lol I took her from her nursing colt...walked her to her class...she won it...showing her heart out..for a basic stranger to her......what was so cute...2 of the judges had to look under her to see if she was truly a wet mare...lol Just think what they would have thought if they had known she was also 7 months pregnant
biggrin.gif

I am so lucky to have her daughter Motion and son Night Moves in my barn.

Sorry you had to leave....but you certainly made my day!

Plus sitting and listening to Les and his brother was for sure a hoot...
biggrin.gif

Connie and I had a ball...Thank you for asking us to be a part of this. Oh yea...I did give Mike a few training hints before he took the horses in the ring...hahaha

Nooooo Mark...dont change anything about how you announce the shows...I LOVE the excitement and zest you add to calling out the National Champions! You announced the AMHA Natls the year Dandy & I went National Champion and dont think I'll ever forget hearing you call out NFCs Candy Dandy! LOL It was a memorable moment for me.

Connie emailed me when Lightening won the first time and I have to tell you, she was so excited I thought she was going to jump right out of the email!
laugh.gif

I didn't attend Nationals, but it was almost as much fun to sit back here watching the results posts and seeing friends listed as winners every day!
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif
aktion033.gif

And by the way, Lightening WAS on Getitia's sales page as a weanling for a very reasonable price if I remember. So ... as she so often teases me ... we had our chance to own him and win!
biggrin.gif

[SIZE=14pt]Congradulations!!! You had an awesome show and your kids all looked great![/SIZE]

Lyn

Latest posts

Back