National Area V Show, June 8, 9, 10, 2007

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Karen S

Reaction score
Good Day All,

I wanted to take this time to thank the following people for all the hard work that was put into the National Area V show this past weekend. All of the numbers are not in yet but looks like we were close to 300 horses and over 1100 class entries.

Lea Dill-Nor~Lea Show Promotions, Show manager

Jeanne Bragganini-Show Steward

Linda Mitchell-Show Secretary

Joe Mitchell-Ring Steward

Merry Wicke-Announcer (wonderful voice even after long days)

Barbara Davis-Ring Secretary

Jacky Davis-Gate Man

Our judges: Lee Crutchfield for the Miniature Division & Billie Heseltine for the Shetland Division. Both judges were impressed with the quality and quanity of horses from Area V in both the Miniature & Shetland divisions. We had some classes that were up to 10-19 horses in them but they kept the show moving right along.

The Show Committee: Sharron Hinkle, club president, Belinda Bagby, Amy Moerman and Kelli Shaw. Thanks to all of you for all the hard work you have helped into putting on this show. I also wanted to say thank you to all of the vendors, the sponsors, the commercial vendors who donated all of the merchandise and litature for the adult grooming bags and to Dr. Pam Ripperda, Nancy Mitten and Becky Armstrong for donating all of the neat stuff for the kids goodie bags.

Thank you to those club members who help with the food stall, what a wonderful meal we had on saturday! Also, Thank you to Leah Johnson, Freddy Wright, Carin Ponder and Betsy Bailey for the "Texas Style" barn alley party after the Futurity classes on friday night. They had a great crowd and lots of great food to eat.

All in all we had a beautiful but hot weekend. We showed in the air conditioned arena all three days so that help with the heat and both exhibitors and horses were happy.

Again Thank You to all for coming out and supporting your National Area V Show. I would also like to thank Ms. Zona Schneider, the Operations Director for the ASPC/AMHR Registry for being our special guest. She received a big Texas welcome and got to visit with just about everyone while there.

Karen Shaw

National Area V Show Committee Member

Karen and the ASPC/AMHR Club of North TX committee -

What a wonderful show! I want to thank YOU for putting on such a stellar Area show for the members of Area V and those exhibitors who traveled from out of area. :aktion033: This club puts on a top notch local show and an AWESOME Area show!
default_wub.png
: I also want to thank Lea Dill for being so accomidating to my stalling "situation". I appreciate the concern and friendship.

I also want to thank the judges, Billie Heseltine and Lee Crutchfield. It was a pleasure to show under you and I felt you gave each horse and exhibitor a fair glance before pinning the classes. I especially would like to thank Lee for his positive remarks and constructive criticism in regards to the new Western Country Pleasure division. Winning this class was a huge confidence builder for myself in my driving abilities and I've never had so much FUN driving in a class before!
default_wink.png
:

See you all at the next show! :saludando:

Opps, forgot to mention to thank all the exhibitors who came by our aisle party hosted by myself, L&M Equine Services, Freddy and Danisue Wright, and Platnium Carriage Company! We had a wonderful time dining and socializing with everyone! And a special pat on the back for Freddy and Betsy on their work on the stall decorations! Leah and I couldn't have done it without you!
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
like we were close to 300 horses and over 1100 class entries.
Wow! That is fantastic!!! I hope we have such a great turnout in Region 8 this coming weekend! Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I am so excited for Region 8 this weekend, I am bringing 4 horses myself! Doing what I can to contribute to the health of the horse economy! LOL I have not yet shown in a regional show, although I bet Oregon Gold was more or less equivalent with over 400 horses there!

I, too, would like to thank the Area Five Show committe.....it was a GREAT show....I don't get to show as often as I would like and it was so good talking to old friends and making new friends......don't you just know how tired all that show staff is???!!!! They have got to be truly exhausted.....but what great people that put on such a wonderful show!!!! TEAMWORK!!!!!

Missed that "Texas Style" barn alley party on Friday, though.....
default_wacko.png
: got there too late!!!!!

Wow, what a great turnout for area 5, that's fantastic! :aktion033: :aktion033: :aktion033:

A huge thank you to everyone who made the show possible and a special thanks to Amanda Jones of Just Won Training Center for showing Catch for us there!
default_wub.png
:

All the very best to those who have area shows coming up.

Dawn :saludando:

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back