Name ideas

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoey829

Reaction score
We had a filly last Monday. She was a suprise!! She was born on the first day of spring and we ate chinese that night. She is a black/ bay filly with a blanket that might spot out more.

So far I have

Rodie's Spring Fortune (here is where I need help, would love a chinese name). Any thoughts???

Where I got the break down-

Rodie's (is my farm name), Spring(she was born on the first day of spring), Fortune for (Fortune cookie).

I dont want Cookie to be the last word. She doesnt look like a cookie! I want sthing meaning beautiful, unique, color, precious etc

Thanks sooo mcuh!!

Fortune Teller- as in she is a sign of the good things yet to come from your stallion
default_smile.png

Another one: Fortune Galletitas

That's fortune cookie in spanish.

Another one (sorry for all the posts...i'm on my phone so can't just add to the first):

Fortune Des Taches which means of Spots in french.

Ok that's my last one!
default_smile.png

Ok, here are a few that I can think of really quickly. Just keep in mind quick doesn't mean good lol.

Dynasty

Feng Shui

Niao (Bird)--I belive its pronounced nee oww.

Ooohh Thanks. I know it is a Symbol language. I guess I am looking for the translation of the word, to actual ummm words! I confuse myself
default_wacko.png

I think I am liking Dynasty. Call her Dyna for short

Rodie's Spring Fortune Dynasty

Last edited by a moderator:
The only thing I can think of right off is "Ming"

How about Rodie's Ming Dynasty?

This post made me laugh because last year while on mare stare l was reading a book based on a Chinese character and her name was Suzie Ming so the first filly born l named Suzie Ming..the second one that came along l was hoping for a colt because there was this other name l liked Magic Magee from the same book and this was the last foal..didn't have a colt but a filly so she's Magic Magee.
default_biggrin.png
default_biggrin.png

We had a filly last Monday. She was a suprise!! She was born on the first day of spring and we ate chinese that night. She is a black/ bay filly with a blanket that might spot out more.

So far I have

Rodie's Spring Fortune (here is where I need help, would love a chinese name). Any thoughts???

Where I got the break down-

Rodie's (is my farm name), Spring(she was born on the first day of spring), Fortune for (Fortune cookie).

I dont want Cookie to be the last word. She doesnt look like a cookie! I want sthing meaning beautiful, unique, color, precious etc

Thanks sooo mcuh!!

What about Rodie's Spring China Doll

I like Rodie's Spring China doll as well, but what would I call her??? Doll??

Or Rodie's Fortunate Geisha Girl, lol

Ok, since there is a map of the earth above my computer I have been looking at China and its cities, counties, etc.

You want to use Rodie's Spring Fortune (something). Here are some words I am seeing: Xichang, Shache, Xiangtan, Yichang, Nanyang, Xian, Xuzhou, Changzhi, Tangshan and a host of others. So use a city (lots of choices on the map) and go with a barn name Tang, Yang, or Chang?

Just a thought associated with the Orient...Silk. Sounds sleek. Kimono...barn name Kiki.

Oh, and I can't resist this one: Lo Mein. (little horse is low, short to ground...mein is mane, long hair on neck...veghwie funny hahaha
default_new_rofl.gif
)

I would not name her anything that someone is not going to know how to pronounce!

Latest posts

Back