Mya Faith

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
As you guys know Miss Mya has arrived. Some of you know that on Tue I was having contractions all day at 10 min apart. Towards evening they finally fell in the 5 min range and it was time to go in. My contractions would be really good and strong, then peeder out, and then come back and so on. So after a few hours of tears and pain (im a sissy) I finally got drugs. Baby was a bit stressed. They couldnt get her heart rate to move like it should, staying steady around 120 but with contractions would fall as low as 70. They added pitocin (sp?) to my iv to help make the contractions regular. At that point the drugs were great, however I could still feel the pressure and her head pushing on my bones. So back to more tears.

Finally after 18 hours, way to much pain and a few freak out moments on my part a c-section was conducted. She was fine and comfy in there however it appears that my pelvis just isnt big enough to pass a baby through. I was so happy to finally hear her scream as they pulled her out of my belly.

I got to see her a few seconds before I was out like a light (apparently the combo of drugs after the fact knocked me out). I dont remember being taken to recovery, just remember saying I was going to throw up, and throw up I did. After a few hours in recovery I was taken back to my room. Still dazed and confused I finally got to see my baby. Lori did an excellent job of taking care of her in the nursery while I was in recovery. They dropper fed her some formula as they didnt know how long I would be.

I am still in the hospital now, was horribly sick yesterday. All I could do was puke, and sleep. So far I feel like im not a very good mom. I let her nurse as much as she can, but then she goes to the nursery to get dropper fed. I dont have any milk and very little colostrum that she is actually getting. She is so tiny she cant afford to lose much. She is super fussy for the nurses. They have been having me send her back there at night so I can sleep as they think the drugs, lack of sleep and everything else isnt helping why I am getting sick. They bring her in through out the night for feedings and most of the time I keep her as she falls asleep with me, where as for them she wont. She must be held and bounced/rocked if she is in there. They still are not sure why I keep spiking a fever so I have my assortment of drugs to take, but if all goes well I should be out tomorrow.

Anywhere here are a few pics we took with in a few hours of her getting here.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/296909_10150471393066153_735241152_10648303_1659075705_n.jpg

She's simply beautiful Ashley! Super big congratulations and I hope you start feeling better very soon.

Ashley, she's gorgeous
default_wub.png

She is just beautiful. hope you get to feeling better asap!

I wonder if being sick and stressed is keeping your milk from coming in? It will get better!

default_wub.png
Congratulations Ashley! She is soooo beautiful!
default_wub.png

Beautiful
default_smile.png
congratulations Ashley! I hope you feel better soon.

CONGRATULATIONS

In know time all the pain will be history & God Bless you and little Mya

She is adorable.
default_aktion033.gif

Congratulations on your new baby girl, she is just precious!!

Ashley, it just sucks that you had to endure 18 hours of labor only to end up with a C section! That hardly seems fair!

Mya is really a beautiful baby! She doesn't have any of that brand-new baby redness or wrinkling; probably because she was a C section, which is actually pretty easy on the babies! You should be very proud of her, as she is just darling!

I can't wait to see the new baby!!!!! Congratulations.....you're going to be a fantastic mom!

Latest posts

Back