My weanling colt is LWO+

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RobinRTrueJoy

Reaction score
I have a weanling colt, silver dapple(now they call it silver black) with a big star and snip, with two gorgeous blue eyes. His sire is Darmond Boogermans Bravado, now in the U. K. with my new friend AnnaC. Grand sires are Lazy Ns Boogerman and Hemlock Brooks Silver Legend. (Two of my favorites!)

I sent in hair and sure enough, he is LWO+ just like his sire. I am so happy.

Now I have to test his half sister, another weanling,who I am betting is homozygous for tobiano and LWO+ also.

Robin

Last edited by a moderator:
default_wink.png
Congrats! I was glad to find out my colt was LWO+ like his sire also and homozygous for black which I think his dam helped with that one!

[SIZE=18pt]WHOOO HOOOO! [/SIZE]

That's awesome Robin!!!
default_aktion033.gif

Many congratulations my friend!

Got your e-mail this morning, but no electric here today from 9 am until now (works going on down in the village so whole area has been cut off). Am so thrilled for you, keeping my fingers crossed for little Lucy's results now.

So far the wonderful 'Dragon' has covered 4 of my mares so we are hoping for great things next year (am getting so impatient - why does it take so long to produce a foal LOL!!) We have been covering late this year - a first timer for us - due to the awful wet weather we have had this year here in the UK and in the hope that if we get the same for next year, at least I wont be spending my days rushing to the fields to bring mums and babies back under cover for the first few months of their lives. As you know, once my babies reach a month old, I like to see them and their Mums running my land in a herd situation together with their young sisters,half sisters and older relations etc. But this year has been so confusing for everyone, weather wise. We live in hope of an 'Indian Summer' this Autumn LOL!!

Needless to say, little Dragon is proving everything you said he would be, and is just a delight to have around. He is one very special boy - or should I say 'man'!!

Anna

Latest posts

Back