My V-Day present is here!!!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Reaction score
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif
default_risa8.gif

OK, so SHE is here! My wonderful partner decided that yes I could get a project! I have been looking for a project big horse. I was looking for a foal or yearling to do the ground work on, then possibly break, if not I will send her out to be broke. I wanted a new horse to replace my old guys as feel bad riding them at their age. I figure this would give me something to do, and keep me busy!

She is bigger than I expected and needs a bit of handleing but over all I am in LOVE. She is a 2009 bay appy. She does have an application, but now I need a name. She has had two names so far, they were Popcorn and Prancer. Neither of which I like. So name suggestions are good! Here she is! I have been calling her Splash until I find a name. She is supposed to finish at 15'2 but she is so big already and she is only 9.5 months old!

splash.jpg

splash2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
WOW!!!! KICK BUTT VALENTINE!!!! I LOVE HER! She is STUNNING!!! HAVE FUN AND GOOD LUCK!

default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
default_wub.png
Congrat's Ashley, she's beautful!!!!! Wow, she's going to be a big girl. You ARE going to be kept busy that's for sure..... I'm not good with names so I'll leave that up to others. I'm happy for you, what a great V Day present.....
default_biggrin.png
TJ

Splash is great! ... (farmname here)'s Splish Splash,,, or even! Ashleys Splish Splash
default_smile.png

Ashley,

"CONGRATULATIONS!"

She is gorgeous - even in her winter woolies - she does remind me of the little appy stud that you had - I soooo remember seeing you laying beside him in the stall at the Winona horse show - he was just loving all the attention - that was a loooong time ago!!

I always liked him and this mare is just as nice!

I think you should name her something to do with Valentine's Day seeing she is a Valentine present!!

This is certainly a much better gift then flowers, candy, etc.

Ok, so love names..........hum..........

I love apps. I sold that stud and always wished I had a filly like him. Since I had so many big horses to pic from I was looking for color as well as other stuff I wanted. While I prefered a gelding or a colt to geld I wasnt finding what I wanted in that so had to go with a filly. I got a good price on her which included delivery being my trailer is snowed in and awaiting its new tires I have to put on yet.

She even let me buy a new blanket for my old guy today.........they were on sale, 50% off, couldnt pass it up.

Oh wow, congrats!!

How about "Secret"..
default_wink.png
default_wub.png

You can get creative with her coloring too.. I Spota Secret, Secret Lover, etc..

Congrats!! Lovely V-day gift!! I'm a little jealous, I love spots too! I was looking at POA's, but couldn't find one that I liked so ended up with my Welsh pony mare and I love her!

As for names, how about Splash of Spots, Splash of Love, Love Spotted, or one of my favs for a loud appy "Made You Look"
default_biggrin.png
I used that one on a pintaloosa filly I had that was very loud.

Keep us posted on her training, I bet you will have lots of fun!

Awesome present! She is adorable, and big!
default_wub.png

I saw her and immediatly thought of Dancer as a name. Also, you could name her Valentine, or Val for short.

yeah, i know. I am not a big help. LOL.

If she was mine, I would call her Freckles. Or she could be a Daisy Mae.

We are still discussing names. So far we all agree on Splash. We can get up to her to pet her but she isnt to sure about being caught.

I have learn that it is very possible she has never had grain or treats before. This should be fun! She is slowly takeing to grain but still nothing on the treats.

WOW Ashley, I wouldnt mind finding one like her in my barn for a V-Day gift! She's very nice. CONGRATS.

Latest posts

Back