My Post Hospital / Surgery Follow Up Appt Results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a good report from the doctor.

It has to relieve your mind and now you

can be just about the healing from the surgery

and getting your strength back.

You 'done good girl' getting thru this rough spot.

Last edited by a moderator:
WONDERFUL news Jill! I am so very happy for you!
default_aktion033.gif

Jill,

It's so good to see you posting, and I'm so glad to hear your good news!

As others have said, each day you'll feel a bit better. I'm so glad you got to come home to heel -- the hospital is often worse than the reason you're there! Plus, I know you have lots of great pet therapy to speed up your healing...can you watch your horses playing from inside? All the better.

Take care and don't rush things. Glad you're home and have good news!

susanne

I'm so glad to read the good updates. What a relief to know that you like are rid of this already!

Yes it is such a relief to have this done with, home in your own home with your healing fish tanks and puppies and all the critters.

Your such a level headed strong woman, you will be back on your feet in no time.

Jill you will be in my continued prayers to help you get strong and heal up fast.

Take care dear, its all down hill from here.

Jill, that is such great news. I'm so happy for you. Each day you will feel stronger and stronger, like someone said through just don't over do cause it was major surgery. Take it easy. Hang in there and you'll be back to new in no time,
default_wub.png
TJ

Thanks, everyone!

I'm doing better and better. I think the pain meds are making me a little loopy. I'm taking 1/2 of the narcotic one that I can take. I may try tomorrow just to do tylenol and advil until bed time or nap time. It's hard keeping things straight... although at this moment, there's not too much for me to need to keep straight!!! Thank God for Harvey
default_wub.png

AWESOME Jill!!! Am so glad to hear you are doing better each day and you will get more rest over the next few days... this is so important to your healing and all. I am so happy to hear the news... I bet you will be up and around in no time and back to your usual self soon!!! Get as much rest as you can and it's great to hear the posts from you!

Jill, I gld to read you arer dong so well. Ihope everyday brings more and more healing.

Hooray, glad to read your good news! The worst is behind you now, just give yourself time to heal.
default_smile.png

Jan

Thanks everyone!

I feel better and better each day. Last night was really the first night though since the surgery that I got any sound sleep. I could only sleep a couple hours at a time, but it was really sound sleep and I feel so much better for it.

Just about this time last week was when I felt like I could die from the epidural being gone and the chest tubes still in (no words to describe that pain!). Compared to how I felt then just a week ago, I feel like super woman now!

This coming week, I plan to take it easy. Just stay inside, listen to an audio book or two, walk around the house, fool with the dogs, watch the fish and heal. Then maybe later I'll be up to checking out those hooved wonders a bit!!!
default_smile.png
They are probably wondering what happened to their other person!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jill, We are so glad you are feeling better and getting back to your perky self
default_wink.png
I know the horses will be glad to see you walk back out to them. Take things slow though and dont do to much to fast. And if you need any audio books let me know , I have a bunch of Nora Roberts.

Have you been able to watch big brother? I have been staying up till 2 a.m. nearly every night watching big brother after dark. I swear if natalie wins , I am going to throw up!! She hasnt done a thing except talk people into doing her dirty work, and is going to make it to the final 4. I was routing for Jeff, but did he ever make a dumb move. Russell really got on my nerves too, but for jeff and jordon to believe and take nat and kevins side, after they treated them like crap from day one.
default_unsure.png
Is no one thinking of the jury house ? taking kevin and nat to the finals.......... everyone in that jury house will vote for them , if he hung in there and took Russell, no one in the jury house would have voted for him. And now jeff is going home............ what a nut.

anyway, so happy your better. Let us know if you need anything at all.\

Killions

Jill,

So happy to see that you are improving each day! I cannot wait until you are up and feeling just like brand new!
default_biggrin.png

I'm so happy for you Jill. I'm glad all that is behind you now and you can put all your efforts to healing. Hmmm...do I sense we may have a "go get 'em" show driver next year?!! What will you do with all that new energy??!!
default_biggrin.png

I am so happy to read these updates....thinking of you!

Liz

Ahhhh...wow Jill you have been through the wringer and back. I have been reading and trying to keep up on your condition and finally got a chance to post. I am so happy to hear you are doing better.....now just take it easy at least as easy as you can.

You may have already considered this, but have you ever thought of getting an adjustable bed? Not a hospital bed, but you can get the frames that make mattresses adjustable....my Dad just got one and he loves, loves, loves it....... I know we checked them out at Mattress World (not sure if that is a country-wide dealer?) but the manager said you can get 3 different types of frames that adjust and then there were like 50 different mattresses to choose from.

I know that Dad used to go to bed and get up wayyyy early like 3 am because he couldn't sleep well.....the first night he had his new mattress he went to bed before 9 pm and didn't get up until 8 am.....and that is unheard of.

Anyway, just something to consider.....he said that being able to adjust his legs or his chest area has made a huge difference.

Glad to hear you are on your way to good health again, I have been thinking about you!
default_smile.png

Back