My Post Hospital / Surgery Follow Up Appt Results

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, there was a brief period of time when we thought it was either non-cancerous or this kind of "carcinoid" that grows slow and that some doctors debate if it's truly cancer or not.

It turned out to be (final pathology report) a "mucoepidermoid salivary gland carcinoma" that was in my lung. It wasn't spread from or to anywhere else and the surgeon thinks I'm okay now and will do really well going forward. But it's apparently a very rare tumor. When I googled it for a split second, it was too scary, so I stopped that and just relying on what my own doctors tell me since they know my situation specifically.

My feeling is it's all already pretty much okay, though, and I feel good (in all ways)
default_wub.png

One really neat thing is since right after surgery, I've needed A LOT less insulin and have had much better glucose readings. I've been eating just as always but lost 13 pounds not even trying! It's like that tumor was REALLY effecting my body in ways I didn't know and now that it is gone, my body is acting much more like it should have been all along. My A1C, which looks at your glucose levels the past 3mos, was down over a full point to the "really good" range and it's only been 1mos that things have been so easy in that department. My doctor was amazed and called it phenomenal along with the weight loss (trust me, I am eating plenty). I can't wait to see what my A1C is 3mos from now since this last one was 2mos with the tumor and 1mos without and so much better.

jill, i am SO happy to see things are going your way! you have been in my thoughts and prayers every day and that won't change. hope you are getting some rest and i'm sure your fish tanks are helping in that department. there's nothing more soothing than watching an aquarium...or two or three or, or, or...
default_wink.png

default_biggrin.png
Praise the Lord! I'm delighted that you're feeling better and getting healthier, too! Prayers are there for you! Hang in there!

God bless,

Joan

Back