My other post,.....I dont want to take away from the

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FFFoxyGal

Reaction score
I am soooo proud of myself :aktion033: ,.....I havent said nothing,....but,.......I ordered a halter on Ebay for Foxy,....

To be her own,sparkling ,new,headgear!!!
default_smile.png

I have been waiting ,..very patiently,..NOT!!
default_rolleyes.gif
: ,..LOL

For her halter to arrive,....

It is a brand new PONY size halter,....It came finally last week,.....

Here she is trying to wear her NEW PONY size halter,.......

BEFORE,

foxy24th7.jpg

AFTER,

foxy24th8.jpg

Am I impressed,.....NO!!!!!!,......Fred said that it would be WAYYYYYY to big for a work horse,...LOL

I called the guy,.....and he finally called me back yesterday,..I called him 2 times in the past week,.....He told me that a pony halter is meant for horses that are 14.3 hands high,.... :new_shocked:
default_wacko.png
:
default_sad.png

Soooo,....Foxy is reduced to wearing the tight one when we take her outside,..untill I find one for her,..*sigh*
default_unsure.png
:

On the other hand,...I bought a foal halter off of Last Chance auction ,..and It is SOOO perfect,....I love it and cant wait for the little one to come,....It even came with a NEW leadrope,..Very beautiful,....Thanks to MULE,..Which is the one that I bought it from,..A million thanks!!!!!!!!!
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

Oh no.. might want to let the guy know 14.3 is a HORSE not a pony in any way shape or form.

:lol: Oh too funny, but so sorry you were disappointed after waiting for Foxy's new "clothes".

We find that it depends on who makes the halters as to what size you need. There is a tack shop near us, and their mini halters only fit the very smallest minis, we HAVE to buy pony size to fit the bigger ones, then some companies make the very tiniest sizes.

Can you exchange it?

Oh no.. might want to let the guy know 14.3 is a HORSE not a pony in any way shape or form.
and I agree with Lisa, pony halters also come in different sizes. My 13.3hh gelding gets a pony large, the shetlands get pony small.

Foxy,

We had the hardest time tring to find a halter for Harley locally, So I talked to the lady at the feed store and she ordered some for me. I bought a couple from her and she is really sweet. You may want to check with your local feed store and see if they would be willing to order some for you. It only took 3 days to get mine. Best of luck to you.

Thanks guys,.....

He said that I could send it back,..but,..it was only 12 dollars,..shipping included,.....sooo,..It would cost me more to send it back then to just leave it!

It will make a nice barn ornament I guess. LOL

I will not order through him again,..I know that,.....It says PONY right on the halter as well.
default_wacko.png
:

If you have a shoe repair or tack repair place near you, they might be able to alter the halter to fit her properly, just an idea. Although, that might cost as much as a new halter.

Not always, but often times, full-size foal halters are about the right size for the minis (local feed or tack shop would probably have them - look at foal and weanling sizes). If you can find one with an adjustable chin strap, so much the better; as they more easily adjust to different sizes.

By the way, the Pony halter you picked is just darling.

[SIZE=10pt]Funny picture - but I know how it is to order something and then get it and it is not the correct size or worse...Maybe you will have a bigger hooved critter to use this on one day...or like chandab said you could possibly have it altered OR - it would make a great stall ornament like you said![/SIZE]

Lori

Technically.....anything under 14.3 hands IS considered a "pony" in the big horse world.
default_yes.gif
: So, the guy didn't really steer you wrong. Did you mention that you wanted the halter for a Mini? When you are buying from anyplace that isn't specifically a tack shop for MINIS, you really need to make sure the seller knows you are looking for "Mini" sizes.
default_yes.gif
:

When I first got into Minis & wasn't aware of where to buy Mini sized equipment....I found that the big horse "suckling" size halter would usually fit a mature miniature.

LOL,....I think,..It might fit one of Fred's bosses horses,.....They are coming here this spring to live with us,....If not,.....I am voting,...

BARN ORNAMENT!!!!!!!
default_wacko.png
: :bgrin

Well,....Dona,.....My problem is that I am not really sure yet,..What Foxy is?????
default_unsure.png
:

When I measured her ,....(When I first got her),......It was in her stall,..about 2 feet of straw,....LOL not on a hard flat surface,....

The measurements came in at around 40 inches,.......but,......she could be a little taller or a little smaller,...I dont have a true,..hard,flat surface to measure her on till some of this snow leaves,...It is melting,..but,..very slowly!
default_rolleyes.gif
:

The halter that she is wearing now,...Is a "suckling",..halter,.....not sure if it is for a big horse or what,..but,..it does say suckling on it.

The nose band fits her PERFECT,....but,...the top is the tight one,.....we can buckle it,..but,..there is definitly no extra room,.....course,...Her bridle path is not done and she has a really poofy mane.
default_yes.gif
:

If Foxy is around 40", if you order an XL Mini halter or "small pony" halter from one of the Mini tack places (check out the LB auction, or go to Ozark Mtn) you should get a halter that fits. Meantime, maybe give Foxy a little bit of a bridle path so that the halter you've got will fit a little nicer?

Looks like the pony halter you got would be for a 13.2 to 14.2 pony, or yes, a 14.3 hh horse with a small refined head. You'll have to get yourself a bigger pony! :lol:

Umm, why are you going to have Fred's boss' horses at your place??

Umm, why are you going to have Fred's boss' horses at your place??

Well,....Fred's boss has 2 HUGE,..did I say HUGE!!!,.LOL,... horses

Both of them are over 16 hands high,......One was his wife's horse and the other was his daughter's.

Well,..his wife had a stroke a few years back ,..and his daughter has gone to college,....and Fred's boss,...doesent want the horses,....and I quote,.."hanging around doing nothing cause they are costing me money in feed" unquote

Soooo,......These guys are use to running with the cows,.....and Our cow is going to pasture here this spring,..but,..fred doesent want to put the cow out alone,..sooo,..he is bringing the 2 big horses here to be company for the cow so that she might not try to break out of her fence and run.

I have NOTHING to do with the big ones,.....I am ABSOLUTLY terrified of big horses,.....none of my daughters are scared of horses and they are both ridable so Fred and my daughters will be dealing with them,...not me.

go to

http://supremeequinedesign.com/

I found them at a mini show, they have tons of stuff (and TONS
default_smile.png
of colors) in mini sizes, and pretty good prices.

You can also go to minitack.com, but I think they're stuff costs a little more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have a Princess Auto near you? They have halters for cheap, and they're a good size, they fit all our guys, even in the winter, even our "monster boy", who's about 40".

Thanks cowgirl up*
default_smile.png
,..i am checking the website out now,......but,....I MAYBE,...have found one,...not sure yet though?
default_unsure.png
:

Kendra,....im not sure if there is a Princess Auto in Yorkton or not,...have to check into that one,...Thanks
default_smile.png

Latest posts

Back