My new boy arrived today!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heartofwisdom

Reaction score
Mr. Bubbles arrived today. He is a 4yr old stallion. Here are pics of him meeting my two 2 yr old stallions. What a hoot. Comanche and Toby went crazy. They were fighting over who was going to greet him through the fence. Kicking, bucking, and biting. You'd think he was a mare. Comanche is the alpha (for now) but Toby was acting up big time--like he was jealous or maybe trying to be the alpha. I've never seen Toby act aggressive until today! Mr. Bubbles acted like he was interested but soon tired of these toddlers mischief.

Maybe this is normal? I'm pretty green so I don't know how horses should act but these guys were something to watch. I'm giving them another day on opposite sides of the fence to get to know each other before allowing all three together.

Any suggestions about putting three boys together? What should I expect?

SHould I be prepared to get them away from each other if needed?

bubblesjune06b.jpg

bubblesjune06.jpg

bubblesjune06c.jpg

bubblesjune06d.jpg

bubblesjune06f.jpg

This is my 3rd mini in 6 months. Any advise welcome!

Thanks,

Robin

horseborder.gif

I'm kind of going through the same thing right now but I have two geldings and just got a stallion. One gelding is 6 the other is going on 2 and the stallion is going on 3. I put the stallion and my older gelding together and my older gelding gave him a really hard time especially when I put my other gelding in with them. So I took the older gelding out and let the two young ones be together and they are getting along great. Tomorrow I am going to try the older gelding and stallion, just the two of them together, and try again, then much later in the day try all thriee again. If I were you I would try two together at a time first or keep halters on and have more than you to be there to step in if needed. They will have to work out who's going to be boss so there will be some bickering. Good luck.

Amanda

Latest posts

Back